United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Hi Everyone,

I know this has been discussed here again and again but I see a lot of misinformation here. It seems people make the WES process to be more complex than it has to be. I just got my ECA completed on 20-Oct-2015 and I did bare minimum. First some background:

I am currently not in Pakistan, so I sent all my documents to my brother for this process. All steps mentioned below were taken by my brother.

WES Requirements:

• Your institution needs to be on WES institute list.
  • All your degrees/transcripts copies (including college certificate) should be sent in sealed envelopes
  • You don't need to send Metric certificate.
  • You need to send attested College result certificate (copy).
  • For college result card (BISE lahore for me), marks are mentioned on certificate itself. No need to send mark sheet. I don't even have mark sheet.
  • You don't need Academic transcript request form for Degree.
  • You need Academic Transcript Request Form for Intermediate certificate.

Steps:

For HEC:

Note: If you are not going to HEC yourself (i.e. sending someone on your behalf for attestation) then you have give a "Letter of Authorization" attested by Grade 17 government officer.

1. HEC will not attest copies before attesting originals so get the originals attested first. This includes both degree + transcript.
2. Once you have attested copies of both degree + transcript, put them in an envelope. My brother told me that HEC (lahore) doesn't provide envelops so you should buy from outside and take with you.
3. HEC will seal the envelop for you and give it back. Send it through whichever courier to WES (I used DHL).
4. Don't forget to mention your WES reference number on envelopes.
5. The HEC attestation+envelop process will take max 2 days.
6. It will take roughly 4 days to arrive at WES and additional 2-3 days before they will update status to "Documents received - Review in progress". This status means that they are checking if documents are acceptable or not (i.e. seal not broken etc).
7. If documents are accepted, they will update status as "Accepted" on website and mention missing documents (i.e. Intermediate/college certificate)

For BISE Lahore:

1. It seems this process is quite common so BISE already knows about WES.
2. They will ask for "WES Form", which means a filled and signed "Academic Transcript Request Form".
3. According to my brother they didn't attest original intermediate certificate and attested the copy only.
4. You need photographs only if your photo is not clear on certificate. Otherwise photo is not required.
5. They will take about a week to complete this.
6. Go back there and get attested copy sealed in envelop.
7. BISE will use part of Academic Transcript request form to seal envelop. So your wes reference number will be mentioned outside envelop.
8. You have the option to let them send envelop through regular mail or take envelop from them and send through courier yourself.
9. BISE is not as efficient as HEC, so expect to go there 3-4 times before this process is completed. (for my case, officer was absent 2 days)

Once your intermediate documents get accepted as well as degree, you will see status in WES as "Evaluation in progress". This will take almost a week before you get notification from wes that your report is ready.

Note: If you accidentally selected "WES Basic" option while making order, you can order duplicate for Canadian Immigration purposes later (without going through whole process again). But it will cost you additional $45. WES Basic report is not available to CIC.

zabbas

Dec 3, 2015

Did you attest and send F.A/F.Sc first year DMC ?
Did you attest your original 3rd year DMC from HEC and sent to WES ?

Why i asked because, i have lost above mentioned 2 DMCs (1st year and 3rd year) :eek:

can i proceed with WES process without these 2 DMCs ?

Would appreciate your answer and thanks in advance.

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
What is DMC?

If you mean marksheet, then no. I didn't send my first year result card or marksheet. I only sent the final certificate which we receive after we complete two years of college.

What is 3rd year DMC? Don't we have only two years in college? If you meant 1st year of university then no. I only sent my final transcript (all university grades beginning to end) and degree itself.

Reactions: SAMIULLAH.131

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I Did WES from Karachi in Dec 2015 & feel to update. As it is just an update, so I will skip out basic details such as photocopy details & documents you require so that same information won’t be repeated again & again. Thumb rule is , have overall total 8 set of photocopies of all documents including CNIC.

Note: Surprisingly, none of the board even asked for original certificate as it was already submitted in HEC Karachi.

Inter board- Karachi

Please note that it consist of two distinct steps. Mark sheet attestation & Certificate attestation, thus you have to go to two different rooms/departments. Everyone knows WES so speak out like a magic word over there if you have confusion.

Day 1

Go to main Building Room number 22 for Marksheet attestation. Fill up the require form & pay the fees at the account dept in the same building. They will give you next day date to pick up if urgent fees is paid. Fee is something around Rs.600

Day 2

Before going, write an application to Secretary Board of Intermediate that your require attestation for WES and make one copy of it. Also, make pay order of Rs.1500 in the name of ‘Secretary Board of Intermediate Karachi’. If you use Habib Bank at the board office they will charge Rs.580 for pay order if you don’t have a bank account there.

Collect the attested mark sheet & got to Certificate department room 14. They will check the completeness of all the documents and will ask you to go to new building.

Over there you will submit the application & will take receiving on the application copy you wrote earlier.

They will courier the documents themselves & will ask you to get the tracking number after 15 days.

Matric board- Karachi

Same here, it consist of two distinct steps. Mark sheet attestation & Certificate attestation, thus you have to go to two different rooms/departments. Everyone knows WES so speak out like a magic word over there if you have confusion.

Day 1

Go to window number 10 for Marksheet attestation at ground floor of block A. Fill up the require form & pay the fees at the account dept. in the same building. They will give you 10 days date to pick up if urgent fees is paid. Fee is something around Rs.675

Go to Room number 22 for Certificate attestation at ground floor of block B. Fill up the required form & pay the fees at the account dept as you paid for marksheet. Fee is something around Rs.675. They will give you 10 days date to pick up if urgent fees is paid

Day 2

At the date of collection, come to window 10, take out attested mark-sheet and go to Room 22 with mark-sheet. Give them Rs.3000 for the courier and they will send in the sealed envelope.

HEC – Karachi

Reached at around 8.30 am and got number 22. They were taking on average 5 min with each applicant. They accept applicants till 9 am to enter.

Printed out their form & bank challan earlier with the weird format.They are aware of it & they accept it. . Don’t rely on lab. It was closed at that time No need to go to bank. They accept cash.

Submit the required documents. We submitted on Tuesday & were given Friday to pick up between 2 pm to 2.30 pm.

At the time of pick up they ask you again to make two copies of attested copy. Nearest photocopy machine is in library but it was closed. So went to Bhadarabad behind Teejays. There is complete market over there. You can also printout forms there.

Come back again and give them so they seal it according to WES.

Over all experience is satisfactory. People in the board were found to be cooperative & efficient. Have a positive attitude & expect some leg work which is normal in any public institution

Reactions: aKhaista

KNA

Jan 7, 2016
Thx for your post.

I did my Intermediate education from BISE-Karachi.

I would request your assistance in clearing below queries:

1- Do we need to send Matric Mark-sheet ? (Matirc Certificate is not required, as mentioned in your post).

2- I did my BE from NED. I have a cumulative transcript (showing subjects taken, academic year, course no., results/marks received etc.) as well as individual mark-sheets of each year. My question, Do we need to send attested copy of cumulative transcript OR cumulative transcript along with all individual mark-sheets.

Appreciate your earliest response.

Regards,

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
KNA said:
Thx for your post.

1- Do we need to send Matric Mark-sheet ? (Matirc Certificate is not required, as mentioned in your post).

2- I did my BE from NED. I have a cumulative transcript (showing subjects taken, academic year, course no., results/marks received etc.) as well as individual mark-sheets of each year. My question, Do we need to send attested copy of cumulative transcript OR cumulative transcript along with all individual mark-sheets.

Regards,
You have to send your final transcript and degree only

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
KNA said:
Thx for your post.

Regards,
1. No. I didn't send anything related to Matric.
2. As vedette said, only send final transcript copy which shows all of your courses and their grades. Just make sure it is attested by HEC. Don't send individual transcripts.

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
baba147 said:
Hi Everyone,

I know this has been discussed here again and again but I see a lot of misinformation here. It seems people make the WES process to be more complex than it has to be. I just got my ECA completed on 20-Oct-2015 and I did bare minimum. First some background:

I am currently not in Pakistan, so I sent all my documents to my brother for this process. All steps mentioned below were taken by my brother.

WES Requirements:

• All your degrees/transcripts copies (including college certificate) should be sent in sealed envelopes
  • For college result card (BISE lahore for me), marks are mentioned on certificate itself. No need to send mark sheet. I don't even have mark sheet.

Steps:

For HEC:

Note: If you are not going to HEC yourself (i.e. sending someone on your behalf for attestation) then you have give a "Letter of Authorization" attested by Grade 17 government officer.

1. HEC will not attest copies before attesting originals so get the originals attested first. This includes both degree + transcript.
2. Once you have attested copies of both degree + transcript, put them in an envelope. My brother told me that HEC (lahore) doesn't provide envelops so you should buy from outside and take with you.
3. HEC will seal the envelop for you and give it back. Send it through whichever courier to WES (I used DHL).
6. It will take roughly 4 days to arrive at WES and additional 2-3 days before they will update status to "Documents received - Review in progress". This status means that they are checking if documents are acceptable or not (i.e. seal not broken etc).
7. If documents are accepted, they will update status as "Accepted" on website and mention missing documents (i.e. Intermediate/college certificate)

For BISE Lahore:

2. They will ask for "WES Form", which means a filled and signed "Academic Transcript Request Form".
3. According to my brother they didn't attest original intermediate certificate and attested the copy only.
4. You need photographs only if your photo is not clear on certificate. Otherwise photo is not required.
7. BISE will use part of Academic Transcript request form to seal envelop. So your wes reference number will be mentioned outside envelop.
8. You have the option to let them send envelop through regular mail or take envelop from them and send through courier yourself.
9. BISE is not as efficient as HEC, so expect to go there 3-4 times before this process is completed. (for my case, officer was absent 2 days)

Once your intermediate documents get accepted as well as degree, you will see status in WES as "Evaluation in progress". This will take almost a week before you get notification from wes that your report is ready.

Note: If you accidentally selected "WES Basic" option while making order, you can order duplicate for Canadian Immigration purposes later (without going through whole process again). But it will cost you additional $45. WES Basic report is not available to CIC.

Hi,

Can someone please guide me regarding this:

1- I visited BISE Lahore today and submitted WES form with 2 photocopies of Inter certificates with a payment slip of RS: 1500/-
2- HEC sealed envelope sent via courier

BISE guy told me that your documents will be send with in a period of 2 weeks and you can get the tracking number from room number 216 after 2 weeks, however if you want to send on your own then you can come and collect within a week.

My question is:
- Do someone have experience of this that their documents were send by BISE Lahore directly to WES?
OR
- Do I need to visit them again and take my envelope and then posted on my own?
As the guy sitting there was bit rude and don't replied to all my questions clearly.

Thanks.

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
It's your own choice. You can do it either way.
I don't think you will have any problem if you let BISE send your documents, but why take the risk?
I'm sure you want to rely on yourself for sending your documents to Canada rather than BISE people?
BISE probably sends your document through registered mail, which will give you tracking but it won't be fast. This is why everyone is sending through courier. In my case, DHL took 4 days.

alioo7214

Aug 12, 2016
baba147 said:
Hi Everyone,

WES Requirements:

Steps:

For HEC:

For BISE Lahore:

alioo7214

Aug 12, 2016
Hi , Can any one tell me how to pay WES with detail. Western Union is not accepting fee in lahore . Kindly help ..

FazKhan

Jul 15, 2013
Hi every one,

I am new here. I am planning to send my documents to WES. I have completed my Masters from UK and currently living in Pakistan. I have 3 queries related to documents.

1- Do I need to send my Original Secondary Documents as "PhotoCopy" is not mentioned on WES website?
2- What about my Master Degree ? Do I need to send Original degree or first get equivalence from HEC and then send it to WES ?
3- Which one is better ? WES or ICAS ?

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Faz

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
FazKhan said:
Hi every one,

I am new here. I am planning to send my documents to WES. I have completed my Masters from UK and currently living in Pakistan. I have 3 queries related to documents.

1- Do I need to send my Original Secondary Documents as "PhotoCopy" is not mentioned on WES website?
2- What about my Master Degree ? Do I need to send Original degree or first get equivalence from HEC and then send it to WES ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,
1.Just Photo copies of secondary document to be sent by the Board of Intermediate and not by you.
2. No equivalence. Ask your university in UK to seal the attested copy and email to WES directly. My freind did that. They took 22 pounds for attesting and 8 pounds for posting to WES
3. WES you can also check out CES, they have reduced their lead time just recently. They dont require any secondary post secondary docs
Faz

FazKhan

Jul 15, 2013
Akberansari said:
Hi every one,

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,
1.Just Photo copies of secondary document to be sent by the Board of Intermediate and not by you.
2. No equivalence. Ask your university in UK to seal the attested copy and email to WES directly. My freind did that. They took 22 pounds for attesting and 8 pounds for posting to WES
3. WES you can also check out CES, they have reduced their lead time just recently. They dont require any secondary post secondary docs
Faz

hank you Akber Ansari for your quick response and ans regarding Master degree. One thing I would like to as Why don't I send secondary attested documents in sealed envelope by my self to WES as WES said that we can send documents but in sealed envelope.
I have not see any review regarding CES. Is it better than WES ?

Sajid080

Oct 18, 2016
Hi dear all,
Excellent post here..
need some more information guys please...

Do we need to attest all degree+Transcript such Masters, Bachelor and Intermediate from HEC OR we will attest only most recent Degree ??
I will really appreciate for quick response.
Thanks in Advance..