+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have a similar question for you. So, my overall points was 475 during ITA and while filling the PR form, i had correctly mentioned that "ECA qualification" was One year certificate for my M'Com degree but i entered my level of education as Masters in the section prior to ECA Qualification. My points increased to 482 after updating all the info/documents. I am a bit worried. Could you please let me know what might have caused the change ?
I am assuming your ECA report for your Mcom came as post graduate diploma ( one year), right? If this is true then you have entered info correctly! Preview score after in APR form has a system glitch. It takes original level of education into consideration instead of ECA level of education. A case officer will calculate your score manually again during assessment and as long as your claimed points are at or above the crs cutoff tie break score, you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: pathwaytofreedom

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I am assuming your ECA report for your Mcom came as post graduate diploma ( one year), right? If this is true then you have entered info correctly! Preview score after in APR form has a system glitch. It takes original level of education into consideration instead of ECA level of education. A case officer will calculate your score manually again during assessment and as long as your claimed points are at or above the crs cutoff tie break score, you have nothing to worry about.
Yes, it did come out as PG diploma (1 year). Thank you so much for your help! Appreciate it.

Reactions: PRPR

rajwantkaur

Nov 13, 2017
I have credentials as following as per Canadian equivalency(ECA report):
1. Bachelor's degree (four years)
2. One year of graduate study

I claimed points for 2 more degrees. is it correct?

BruceChest

Jun 8, 2018
You need to select "One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and submit, You will be awarded points for "Two or more...". I have similar ECA report and I've got points for "two or more certificates..."

You can refer to my post at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-evaluation-and-express-entry.545680/

Good Luck!

Hello, I have done BTECH Engineering (4years) and MBA (2years).
But WES report states "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"
Now what shall I select in level of education ? If I select "Masters degree or professional degree" it gives me the desired score of 450,
and if I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree. One must be for a program of three years or more" it shows 443.

Is there any options where I can claim points of masters 450 or at least 443 ? Kindly share your knowledge. Thank you

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
But WES report states "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"
Now what shall I select in level of education ? If I select "Masters degree or professional degree" it gives me the desired score of 450,
and if I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree. One must be for a program of three years or more" it shows 443.

Is there any options where I can claim points of masters 450 or at least 443 ? Kindly share your knowledge. Thank you
You won't get points beyond your ECA report. If your ECA states PG diploma equivalency for your Masters then you have go with it, you cannot select Masters.
Good Luck!

yajur23

Jun 26, 2018
How many points do we get for 1 year PG diploma with a 4 year degree. If i have a current score of 429 with a 4 year bachelors degree.
how much it would get increased to if it gets considered under two or more certificates/degrees.

S_zee123

Jul 10, 2018
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
For Bachelor degree in Engineer( 4 Yrs) - Canadian Equivalency-Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
&
For Post graduate Diploma(1.5Yrs) -Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year)
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma

While submitting the EE application, For bachelors degree I selected the Level of education as Bachelor degree but for Post gradaute diploma which option under Level of education I have to select?

and under which scenario Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees is to be selected and if this is applicable to me , how can I add both my degrees only in 1 section of Education History
Hello. Can you tell me that your diploma was attested by HEC easily? Or there was any problem? I also want to have HEC attestation of PGD but i m not sure would they attest or they do degrees only.

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Hi All, need your help...I completed a 2 yr AICTE approved PGDM diploma in 2011-13 not affiliated to any university. My college got A grade NAAC accreditation in 2009 & eventually became autonomous in 2012, kindly advice if my two yr diploma will be considered by WES?

ashishaswath

Jul 23, 2018

I have a similar situation, my WES report states "Bachelor's degree (4 years) & Post graduate in diploma (1 year) even though my Post Graduate in diploma is actually a Masters. Can someone help confirm what is the right option to be selected while completing the Express Entry application?. Should I select "Two or more certificates, dimplomas or degree", since the WES report doesn't explicitly state that it is a Masters degree?

Thanks in advance!

prashantgiri

Oct 15, 2017
Hi All. I recently got my ECA done from WES. I have a BTECH and an MBA degree from a University. WES has assessed my MBA degree as "Post Graduate Diploma (1 year)" while for few of my classmates they have assessed the same degree from same institution as Master's Degree. How is it possible ? Is it possible that Grades we received might have cause this difference in assessment ? Others have better grades than me. Should I take up this inconsistency with WES ? Also, unlike the smooth assessment of my classmates, WES has sent documents for verification at the MBA granting institution of mine ? My classmate's assessment is 6 months older than mine. Did that create any difference. The assessment is highly concerning because my estimated score has dropped to 441 from 448 as I expected. 441 is a borderline score these days.

ans234

Jun 20, 2018
I have a similar question for you. So, my overall points was 475 during ITA and while filling the PR form, i had correctly mentioned that "ECA qualification" was One year certificate for my M'Com degree but i entered my level of education as Masters in the section prior to ECA Qualification. My points increased to 482 after updating all the info/documents. I am a bit worried. Could you please let me know what might have caused the change ?

I am in the same boat as you, my score is going up by 7 points after getting ITA because of choosing Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification, before ITA it was calculating correctly as 2 or more degree, how did you submit finally? any suggestions?

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I am in the same boat as you, my score is going up by 7 points after getting ITA because of choosing Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification, before ITA it was calculating correctly as 2 or more degree, how did you submit finally? any suggestions?
Yes. I did submit it with the increase in points. Someone mentioned here earlier that the officer will adjust the points while reviewing.

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
I have done,
Diploma in Mechanical engineering (3years)
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering (3years)

Can somebody tell me will this make me eligible for “two or more degree” or not?