+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, sounds fair. I am changing it, but my point is that my dregree is a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, can I give that information under my education level and give the bachelors under ECA?
Thanks again

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Yes, sounds fair. I am changing it, but my point is that my dregree is a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, can I give that information under my education level and give the bachelors under ECA?
Thanks again
The best way to claim points for having two or more degrees is IF YOU HAVE AN ECA FOR EACH AND ONE IS EVALUATED AS EQUIVALENT TO 3+ YEARS AND THE OTHER AT LEAST 1 YEAR

shrilekha

Jun 15, 2020
Dear friends,

I have done WES evaluation for my bachelor degree of engineering Btech and have also finished a 18 months post graduate diploma course. Can I update as two or more certificate diplomas?

anshagain

Jul 11, 2020
hello everyone.
Need urgent help..
Which one should i choose for eca to evaluate my 1 year post graduate distance diploma to get it recognized as 1 year canadian certificate or diploma. i am already having bachelor evaluated from WES.

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
For Bachelor degree in Engineer( 4 Yrs) - Canadian Equivalency-Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
&
For Post graduate Diploma(1.5Yrs) -Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year)
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma

While submitting the EE application, For bachelors degree I selected the Level of education as Bachelor degree but for Post gradaute diploma which option under Level of education I have to select?

and under which scenario Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees is to be selected and if this is applicable to me , how can I add both my degrees only in 1 section of Education History
Hi,

I have done my bachelor's and masters.
Wes evaluated the same as - bachelor's and 1 year pg diploma.
In level of education, I selected bachelor's and masters.
And in level of education as per eca, I selected two or more certificates
However, I've received my ITA, and in the same, it is taking the information as entered as per level of education only and not as per eca.

Pls help. How to fix this?

cinderellab

Oct 31, 2019
Hey guys,

Just needed help with understanding WES.

I got my 3 years bachelors evaluated as 3 years Canadian equivalent bachelors.

Currently, my 1 year pg diploma is being evaluated by WES.

Going through forums I have understood that there's a good chance the consolidated WES report is gonna evaluate both my credentials as ' 4 years bachelors' in total.

This would mean I can claim points for just 1 bachelors degree.

Is this true or would I be able to claim points for 2 degrees?
Hey Guneet, what did WES evaluate your PG Diploma as?

santyrogers

Jun 19, 2020
Hi All,

I got Wes evaluation completed today.
I got the report as :
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and two postgraduate diplomas (one year)

My qualifications are:
*4 years -Bachelor in Engineering (Fulltime)
*2 years-MBA distance education
*1 year - PG Diploma in UK (Full time)

So, how should I enter my education details? Should I need to enter as two or more degree?
Kindly help me...

Jen14

Sep 9, 2020
Hi

So I have a similar issue. My BCom is considered as 4 years and MBA as 1 year PG Diploma. I am checking my CRS on IRCC. Initially before WES I selected Masters and got 475. However after evaluation I am unsure of what option to select. Will my master's even be considered in the first place because it says it's equivalent to one year diploma but in the options it says diplomas should be more than 2 years. In that case oy my bachelor's will be considered?

omarsd

Sep 27, 2020
Dear All,

my ECAs say I have 4 years bachelor in business + 1 year PGD in information system management.

in EE i should classify as
for the bachelor:
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute112
and for the second (One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute).

is this right?

how about the option (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees)? is it worth more points? if im gonna put it, i should use it twice ? with each of the education records?

any idea?

SaSJ

Aug 31, 2020
Hi All,
I have a similar issue. This is in filling the form post ITA.
4-year Engineering degree - Equivalency provided as Bachelor's degree (four years)
2-year MBA degree (part time) - Equivalency provided as Postgraduate diploma (one year)
In the PR application form I have filled the Level of Education for my MBA as Masters degree and in ECA evaluation I have provided it as 1-year postgraduate diploma. In the end I get to view the preview of my points calculated based on the application and it's showing 7 points extra than my actual CRS score.
I guess it is taking my Level of Education field instead of ECA equivalency field for cclucating the score.
Please tell me if what I have filled is correct or should i need to change the Level of Education for MBA as 2-year program?

Thanks!

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Appreciate response from seniors:
- I completed my ECA by WES and WES awarded me Canadian four years bachelor degree of my ACCA affiliate certificate which was completed on 2007.
- During the evaluation I didn’t submit my Cambridge O and A level certificate.
- O level completed in 2003 due to the admission requirement for CAT and ACCA.
- After completing ACCA in 2007, I completed my A Level in 2008 additionally.
Now can I updated my WES report by adding Cambridge A level certificate?
- Any chance that WES awarded me two or more certificate/ degree? One certificate based on A level and another based on ACCA?

Oct 21, 2020
Appreciate response from seniors:
- I completed my ECA by WES and WES awarded me Canadian four years bachelor degree of my ACCA affiliate certificate which was completed on 2007.
- During the evaluation I didn’t submit my Cambridge O and A level certificate.
- O level completed in 2003 due to the admission requirement for CAT and ACCA.
- After completing ACCA in 2007, I completed my A Level in 2008 additionally.
Now can I updated my WES report by adding Cambridge A level certificate?
- Any chance that WES awarded me two or more certificate/ degree? One certificate based on A level and another based on ACCA?
No you cannot. O&A levels is considered to be secondary education. You can get a PGD on a fast track basis and updated your WES evaluation report to get 2 or more.

RKTK

Mar 12, 2021
From what I am seeing in this blog, WES is treating part-time (or Online) Masters as PGD. Is this applicable for Online MBA from USA also? I am doing online MBA from a recognized university in USA. Will it be treated as Masters or PGD ?

Asaini07

Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone, i have done with my ECA recently. They consider my B.com plus M.com as 4 yrs bachelor and one year PG diploma. I have 3 years of NOC 4021 experience back home. So can i claim points for experience in this situation??? I will apply through CEC in next couple of months

Maverick16

Jul 31, 2021
can i know about your pg diploma.. whether it was a part time,full time, distance
Could you please tell if a one year PG distance diploma from a recognised university (IGNOU) will extract same points like a full time diploma? i.e., BTech + 1 year PG diploma (distance)