+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
@Guneet95 :
Is this true or would I be able to claim points for 2 degrees?
If WES combines your years of study under one degree/one assessment of a 4-year program then you can only claim one degree/diploma for completed education.

@Jarvis7 's case however:

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's Degree(4yrs) and postgraduate diploma(1yr).

Can I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees "
Yes, these are explicitly assessed and assigned independent equivalencies
  • 1 Bachelor's Degree
  • 1 PostGraduate Diploma

daksh1803

Jul 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please help.

I have a query.
My WES report is - Bachelor's 4 years and PG diploma (1 year) but I have done master's which did not get recognized by WES.

My question is while you fill EE profile, there are 2 tabs that asks for Level of Education

1) Level of Education as per your certificate/degree awarded
2) Level of Education (Canadian Equivalency) as per WES

- For my Bachelor's education, I have put Bachelor's in both the tabs, however my question is

for my other degree, 1st level of Education tab what do i put?
Master's (which is what is referred in my certificate) OR 1 year program at the university (which is my WES report) ---- I have done 2 years full time Master's course from Mumbai University

Also, 2nd Tab which asks me Level of Education (As per WES) I am putting as 1 year program, so is this correct?

I will still get points for "Two or more certificates" right?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
for my other degree, 1st level of Education tab what do i put?
Master's (which is what is referred in my certificate) OR 1 year program at the university (which is my WES report) ---- I have done 2 years full time Master's course from Mumbai University
Align your details with the equivalency WES has determined for your educational background. If it says 1 4-Year Bachelor’s and 1 Post-Graduate diploma, that’s what you should input in your profile. You’ll still get credit for 2 or more diplomas, certificates, etc.

Aug 7, 2019
Can anyone tell me if post graduate diploma from INDIA PGDCA(1 year) is being evaluated by WES at the moment??
If yes, then has anyone got PGDCA(1 year) evaluation by WES as equal to canadian 1 year diploma??

Avi2345

Aug 17, 2019
For express entry application, select both the degrees as bachelors. Seeing two degrees, the profile will automatically calculate the points for two or more option just like in crs calculator.
Hi i received ITS but while filling details in post ITS form i found that u have selected my masters eduvation as bachelors.

WES has evaluated my masters degree as post graduation diploma one year and i mentioned it as bachelors.

Pre ITA my details were:

Level of education:Bachelors
Level of education by ECA: Bachelors

Can i change it as following:
Level of education:Masters
Level of education by ECA:eek:ne year program.

Will it effect my crs?

Pls help

Ankit19

Sep 8, 2019
Hi people I am facing a issue.

My education is 3 years of BBA and 2 years of MBA. My ECA says 4 years Bachelor's and 1 year of postgraduate diploma.

While filling up the form I selected masters for postgraduation diploma. I understand from the above blogs. That I am suppose to select 1 more degree option for postgraduation.

I received my invite last night. Messages show new, which I am unable to open but application is showing

-Continue application
-decline invite

I understand this means I am invited. But now my dilemma is that I have submitted masters instead of one more degree.

So if I continue, will I be declined PR or will they still consider it as per WES credentials and do the needful.

So in short should I submit my application or decline Invite and reapply for express entry.

Please guide anyone.
Hi @AGill22, I am facing the same issue as you described above. I couldn't find a reply to it in this thread. Could you please let me know what you did?

I have recieved my ITA by choosing master's instead of 1 year diploma for WES equivalency. Should I modify PR application now or decline and renter the pool again.

I have an MBA which was marked postgraduate diploma (1 year) according to WES.

Please do let me know. Many thanks.

neha63583

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, I have a question regarding one section of my Express Entry profile. I did bachelor's in India fro 3 years and my WES (ECA) report form says 4 years of Canadian equivalency. Could anybody help me what to fill in this section "Complete/full academic years (required) " ?

Should it be 3 years or 4 years? Thank you in advance for you help.

Sweezy

May 24, 2019
Hi, I have a question regarding one section of my Express Entry profile. I did bachelor's in India fro 3 years and my WES (ECA) report form says 4 years of Canadian equivalency. Could anybody help me what to fill in this section "Complete/full academic years (required) " ?

Should it be 3 years or 4 years? Thank you in advance for you help.
Hello did you get answer to this query?

Sweezy

May 24, 2019
Hello,.
Very similar query but posting again as didn't get the answer
I have received my WES ECA as Bachelors 4 years for Bachelors degree with Post Graduate Diploma (One Yr) for MBA i did.
While filling up the express entry profile
There is no option in the drop down which exactly matches with Post Graduate Diploma (One Year). What should I specifically pick while filling up the application ?
Please help.

cinderellab

Oct 31, 2019
Hi Everyone, Sorry i am going to ask the same question. Please don't mind

I have completed my Btech (4years) and PGDiploma (Business Administration) (1 Year). What option do i need to select while submitting my IRCC application? can I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees "

thanks for your help in advnace.
Hey Jarvis, Would like to know from where did you complete the PGDiploma (Business Administration) (1 Year) and also did you get a positive reply from WES for the same?

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey Jarvis, Would like to know from where did you complete the PGDiploma (Business Administration) (1 Year) and also did you get a positive reply from WES for the same?
Well any recognized university can fetch you additional points! I've applied for Wes for my bachelors and PGDBM (Distance learning). Now waiting for my report :(

sanjunairb

Nov 13, 2019
My ECA evaluation says -
"Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"

I have done 4 year B.Tech course and 1 year full time MBA executive from India.

While filling 'Studies and Languages' section in Express Entry profile, I see 2 sections - "Level of education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report.."

For my B.Tech/Bachelors I do not have any confusion as I can select Bachelor's for both sections.

For my 1 year full time MBA executive though, what should I select?
a. Can I select 'Masters' under 'Level of education'?
b. Which option should I select under 'Level of education shown on ECA report'? Masters, Bachelors or One-year program?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
My ECA evaluation says -
"Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"

I have done 4 year B.Tech course and 1 year full time MBA executive from India.

While filling 'Studies and Languages' section in Express Entry profile, I see 2 sections - "Level of education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report.."

For my B.Tech/Bachelors I do not have any confusion as I can select Bachelor's for both sections.

For my 1 year full time MBA executive though, what should I select?
a. Can I select 'Masters' under 'Level of education'?
b. Which option should I select under 'Level of education shown on ECA report'? Masters, Bachelors or One-year program?
Claim accordingly with your ECA. If the ECA returned the 1 yr. Masters as 1 yr. PGD, it’s only equivalent to a 1 yr. PGD. I’m not sure if they have a standard two years or more to equate international MA/MS creds with Canada MA/MS. But that may have been the case with your 1 yr. MA being given a PGD assessment.

sanjunairb

Nov 13, 2019
Claim accordingly with your ECA. If the ECA returned the 1 yr. Masters as 1 yr. PGD, it’s only equivalent to a 1 yr. PGD. I’m not sure if they have a standard two years or more to equate international MA/MS creds with Canada MA/MS. But that may have been the case with your 1 yr. MA being given a PGD assessment.
I want to claim accordingly to ECA. But which option to select among "One-year program"/"Bachelors". I get from your response not to select Masters. Does it matter if I select either? Is a 1 yr PGD considered a Bachelors in Canada?