+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

shridwd

Aug 7, 2017
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
For Bachelor degree in Engineer( 4 Yrs) - Canadian Equivalency-Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
&
For Post graduate Diploma(1.5Yrs) -Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year)
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma

While submitting the EE application, For bachelors degree I selected the Level of education as Bachelor degree but for Post gradaute diploma which option under Level of education I have to select?

and under which scenario Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees is to be selected and if this is applicable to me , how can I add both my degrees only in 1 section of Education History

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
For Bachelor degree in Engineer( 4 Yrs) - Canadian Equivalency-Bachelor's degree (four years)
&
For Post graduate Diploma(1.5Yrs) -Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year)

While submitting the EE application, For bachelors degree I selected the Level of education as Bachelor degree but for Post gradaute diploma which option under Level of education I have to select?

and under which scenario Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees is to be selected and if this is applicable to me , how can I add both my degrees only in 1 section of Education History
you don't the system will automatically calculate it

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
But for adding the Post graduate diploma qualification, under the pull down menu of LEVEL OF EDUCATION which one I have to choose?
the ECA result for that diploma specifically

shridwd

Aug 7, 2017
the ECA result for that diploma specifically
For that, Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year) and Credential as: University Postgraduate Diploma but the options are:

-Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
-Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Two year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Master Degree or Professional degree

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
For that, Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year) and Credential as: University Postgraduate Diploma but the options are:

-Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
-Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Two year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Master Degree or Professional degree
you should've qualified you're at the come to canada tool part and not filling your express entry profile

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
I am under the same situation.
In the second post graduate diploma degree(which is infact my MCOM) - what should i select?

Note, that in EE - they have removed "Two or more Degree" option, as it highlights in CRS tool.

Shani1214

Feb 23, 2018
Not sure under what level of education should I put my postgraduate diploma 1 year as they have removed the option " two or more degrees......" My WES says bachelor's 4 years and PGD 1 year.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Not sure under what level of education should I put my postgraduate diploma 1 year as they have removed the option " two or more degrees......" My WES says bachelor's 4 years and PGD 1 year.
You need to select "One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and submit, You will be awarded points for "Two or more...". I have similar ECA report and I've got points for "two or more certificates..."

You can refer to my post at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-evaluation-and-express-entry.545680/

Good Luck!

Shani1214

Feb 23, 2018
Thanks Ishq74 for the quick reply. It clarified the scenario but i got an ITA and I mentioned this diploma against "bachelor's degree " option too when I made my profile. Although I got the points for " two or more degrees..
" but now I can't edit my profile. SO, should I decline the ITA and make amends under my profile ? please help.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Ishq74 for the quick reply. It clarified the scenario but i got an ITA and I mentioned this diploma against "bachelor's degree " option too when I made my profile. Although I got the points for " two or more degrees..
" but now I can't edit my profile. SO, should I decline the ITA and make amends under my profile ? please help.
Did you read my explanation from the post I have given the link for? So, what I understood, you have mentioned "level of education according to ECA" for your bachelors degree as "bachelors degree" and also for the PG diploma "bachelors degree"? If so then it may get refused as misrepresentation even though you are eligible for "two or more degree" points and you may get banned for 5 years!

Of course you need to decline the ITA and update your details correctly. Please read my post from the link and follow instructions given at the end. You will have same CRS points as you have now.

Best of Luck!

Shani1214

Feb 23, 2018
Did you read my explanation from the post I have given the link for? So, what I understood, you have mentioned "level of education according to ECA" for your bachelors degree as "bachelors degree" and also for the PG diploma "bachelors degree"? If so then it may get refused as misrepresentation even though you are eligible for "two or more degree" points and you may get banned for 5 years!

Of course you need to decline the ITA and update your details correctly. Please read my post from the link and follow instructions given at the end. You will have same CRS points as you have now.

Best of Luck!
Thanks a lot Ishq74. Yes I declined and made amends to it. Points remained the same :).

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
You need to select "One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and submit, You will be awarded points for "Two or more...". I have similar ECA report and I've got points for "two or more certificates..."

You can refer to my post at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-evaluation-and-express-entry.545680/

Good Luck!
No....I just tested it......you will have to select bachelors for both the degrees.....The calculation for points is made on the basis of seeing two bachelors degree. it will automatically give you points for Two or more option in CRS......

Ronak India

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
&

can i know about your pg diploma.. whether it was a part time,full time, distance

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018

Good Luck!

I have a similar question for you. So, my overall points was 475 during ITA and while filling the PR form, i had correctly mentioned that "ECA qualification" was One year certificate for my M'Com degree but i entered my level of education as Masters in the section prior to ECA Qualification. My points increased to 482 after updating all the info/documents. I am a bit worried. Could you please let me know what might have caused the change ?