+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Yes its correct..I got similar issue. Post ITA, the system calculates based on the level of education and not ECA..Can the experts help, please? What should we do? Thank You
This is a system glitch. After you complete the eAPR form you can preview your score, there for some technical issues system takes your original level of education into consideration instead of your ECA level of education. Don't worry about this, during assessment a program assistant in Centralized Intake Office will manually calculate your CRS score and verify your ECA report with the issuing agency. As long as your verified score is above the CRS cutoff you were invited under, you are good.

Though i am not in pool yet as i am awaiting IELTS results , but i think one should choose masters only in ECA qualification as i heard they give points as per Level of education not ECA so let them calculate !
Your education points solely based on your ECA equivalency not your actual level of education.

Hi guys -Can anyone solve my query- @ishq74 bro?

what about this case , lets say a guy is getting 441 with two or more certis and 448 with masters ( orig qualification) and got ITA with 448 when cut off was 442 , my qsn is will his ITA cancel as his score will drop to 441 by case officer ??
When you submit your profile EE system will award you points based on your ECA level of education not actual level of education. So if you got PG diploma equivalency for your Masters degree in your ECA report then you will get points for PG diploma (two or more if you have bachelors or three years diploma or certificate) not Masters. There is no chance of getting 448 score if you select 1 year diploma for the ECA level of education.

If for any reason your recalculated CRS/MEC points goes below the cutoff your application will be rejected.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My husband has the same issue got ECA as 1 yr Postgraduate diploma for 2 yrs MBA. Should we just submit application with Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification? Can we simultaneously appeal to WES for considering it as masters?

Once we get ITA can we go and update it to masters under ECA if WES updates report later to Masters?

Also is there any use of WES report after you get PR?
Yes you can appeal and go ahead with your EE profile. If you receive ITA and then get Masters equivalency, you can update later before submission of your PR application. Do not submit your application until you get results from WES otherwise IRCC won't be able to verify your report because assessment will be unavailable until a decision is made.

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
This is a system glitch. After you complete the eAPR form you can preview your score, there for some technical issues system takes your original level of education into consideration instead of your ECA level of education. Don't worry about this, during assessment a program assistant in Centralized Intake Office will manually calculate your CRS score and verify your ECA report with the issuing agency. As long as your verified score is above the CRS cutoff you were invited under, you are good.

Your education points solely based on your ECA equivalency not your actual level of education.

When you submit your profile EE system will award you points based on your ECA level of education not actual level of education. So if you got PG diploma equivalency for your Masters degree in your ECA report then you will get points for PG diploma (two or more if you have bachelors or three years diploma or certificate) not Masters. There is no chance of getting 448 score if you select 1 year diploma for the ECA level of education.

If for any reason your recalculated CRS/MEC points goes below the cutoff your application will be rejected.
Agree buddy , but my doubt remains after i have gone through post here is , Once we submit profile , ppl got inflated score as per orig level of edcation and got ITA and then case officer recalculated score and decreased it ? right ??/ or case officer assess data before ITA ?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Agree buddy , but my doubt remains after i have gone through post here is , Once we submit profile , ppl got inflated score as per orig level of edcation and got ITA and then case officer recalculated score and decreased it ? right ??/ or case officer assess data before ITA ?
No it doesn't get increased before ITA. When you will create EE profile, system will accurately calculate and show your score. You will receive ITA based on that score. Here is no confusion. Once you get your ITA you will be given an application form (eAPR) to fill up. When you finish filling up your application you get to see preview of your score before submission. That mechanism is not working properly but it does not mean your score is changed. This "preview score" is not related to your application at all. Your score pre ITA and Post ITA are always same.
Hope you got it now.

Reactions: PRPR

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
No it doesn't get increased before ITA. When you will create EE profile, system will accurately calculate and show your score. You will receive ITA based on that score. Here is no confusion. Once you get your ITA you will be given an application form (eAPR) to fill up. When you finish filling up your application you get to see preview of your score before submission. That mechanism is not working properly but it does not mean your score is changed. This "preview score" is not related to your application at all. Your score pre ITA and Post ITA are always same.
Hope you got it now.
Thanks , it is clear now :)

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hi people I am facing a issue.

My education is 3 years of BBA and 2 years of MBA. My ECA says 4 years Bachelor's and 1 year of postgraduate diploma.

While filling up the form I selected masters for postgraduation diploma. I understand from the above blogs. That I am suppose to select 1 more degree option for postgraduation.

I received my invite last night. Messages show new, which I am unable to open but application is showing

-Continue application
-decline invite

I understand this means I am invited. But now my dilemma is that I have submitted masters instead of one more degree.

So if I continue, will I be declined PR or will they still consider it as per WES credentials and do the needful.

So in short should I submit my application or decline Invite and reapply for express entry.

Please guide anyone.

Gaurav_sh

Jan 14, 2019
@ishq74 Appreciate your constant support and assistance on this forum.!
My query too comes from the headline of this forum.
WES ASSESSMENT : 4 year degree + 1 year postgraduate diploma.

In the past, as I went about calculating my points from the CRS tool, the education drop tool gives an option for two or more degree/diploma one must be minimum three years.
I accumulated a total of 463 points.

But, at the time of e-submission, the educational drop down tool selects only degree or masters as an option, NO POSTGRADUATE option.

So my question is: on selecting double degree in my e-submission, will my points get reduced accounting for only double graduation?
Hence, how will an WES assessment of degree of 4 years and postgraduate diploma of 1 year be any different from one another if the final application does not discriminate among thses two.

Thanking you in advance!

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
@ishq74 Appreciate your constant support and assistance on this forum.!
My query too comes from the headline of this forum.
WES ASSESSMENT : 4 year degree + 1 year postgraduate diploma.

In the past, as I went about calculating my points from the CRS tool, the education drop tool gives an option for two or more degree/diploma one must be minimum three years.
I accumulated a total of 463 points.

But, at the time of e-submission, the educational drop down tool selects only degree or masters as an option, NO POSTGRADUATE option.

So my question is: on selecting double degree in my e-submission, will my points get reduced accounting for only double graduation?
Hence, how will an WES assessment of degree of 4 years and postgraduate diploma of 1 year be any different from one another if the final application does not discriminate among thses two.

Thanking you in advance!
Hey u just select bachelors twice in express entry profile nd u will be rewarded for two or more

PrachiHMehta

Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

My WES Report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)" I have completed my Masters as MBA in Finance with two years. My question is related to the post graduate diploma:

Q1. What should be selected in 'Level of Education'?
Q2. What should be selected in 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report'?
Q3. Will I get points for 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' or 'University degree at the Master’s level'
Hi. I have the same doubt .WES has evaluated my MBA degree as Postgraduate Diploma (1year).

Now when I am creating Express Entry Profile, what should I select for

Level of Education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA as:

One- year program at a university, colg, trade or technical school or institute

OR

Bachelor's Degree or 3 or more year program at University

Seniors , please help..

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,

I got my ECA from WES :
For Bachelor degree in Engineer( 4 Yrs) - Canadian Equivalency-Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
&
For Post graduate Diploma(1.5Yrs) -Canadian Equivalency- Post graduate diploma (one year)
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma

While submitting the EE application, For bachelors degree I selected the Level of education as Bachelor degree but for Post gradaute diploma which option under Level of education I have to select?

and under which scenario Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees is to be selected and if this is applicable to me , how can I add both my degrees only in 1 section of Education History
Hi Shridwd,

Just select both the degrees as bachelors in EE profile, the rest will be done by the profile. It will automatically consider it as two or more degree options and you will see an increase in ur CRS.
Hope, this answers the question.

nehageorge13

Jan 20, 2019
hi, i got my wes report today as for my b.com (3years ) it says bachelor of 4 years and for my m.com (2 years) it says postgraduate diploma. please help which option needs to be selected for Express entry application?

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
hi, i got my wes report today as for my b.com (3years ) it says bachelor of 4 years and for my m.com (2 years) it says postgraduate diploma. please help which option needs to be selected for Express entry application?
For express entry application, select both the degrees as bachelors. Seeing two degrees, the profile will automatically calculate the points for two or more option just like in crs calculator.

Reactions: nehageorge13

Nag12345

Feb 4, 2019
I have a similar question for you. So, my overall points was 475 during ITA and while filling the PR form, i had correctly mentioned that "ECA qualification" was One year certificate for my M'Com degree but i entered my level of education as Masters in the section prior to ECA Qualification. My points increased to 482 after updating all the info/documents. I am a bit worried. Could you please let me know what might have caused the change ?
I believe when ur submitting the masters for ECA it will ask for Degree details as well...so u may need to submit both masters and prior masters educational details inorder to get the ECA report...it will not matter if masters and degree are of different stream...this info I got to know from WES website when adding educational credentials..there is a note with green background..hope this helps