+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Application : what to fill in Institution and Education Type

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
Hi, seniors,
Plz advise. I am a B.Pharm Degree holder from Burma. In addition, I have a 1 year PG Diploma in English from Úniversity of Foreign Languages in my country and PG certificate from National University Singapore.
My question is if I should submit my B.Pharm documents to WES for ECA or can send all together to WES?
Thanks.

artista

Jun 20, 2019
No. Documents submitted to WES should be in English or French. Your university needs to send the translate documents or the translation needs to be done by a professional translator.

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-translation-services/?country=canada
dotslash227,
thanks a lot for your response.

Let me know if I need translation for my Degree Certificate.
https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/
"For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document."

As you may notice on item 1, it does not mention to do it although I think should do.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
dotslash227,
thanks a lot for your response.

Let me know if I need translation for my Degree Certificate.
https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/
"For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document."

As you may notice on item 1, it does not mention to do it although I think should do.
Yes you would need a translation from a government certified translator as your documents are in portuguese.

You need to send a copy of the original degree in Portuguese and it's word-to-word translation.
Then you need to take the transcripts from the university [do not send it] and get it translated word-to-wrods

Then send the original documents in an envelope sealed and stamped and signed by the university and the translated document.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, seniors,
Plz advise. I am a B.Pharm Degree holder from Burma. In addition, I have a 1 year PG Diploma in English from Úniversity of Foreign Languages in my country and PG certificate from National University Singapore.
My question is if I should submit my B.Pharm documents to WES for ECA or can send all together to WES?
Thanks.
You can do both, just get your B.Pharma degree evaluated or all certificates.
Note: Pharmacy is in the professional occupation list of Canada

Case 1: Your Pharma bachelor degree gets evaluated as a professional degree, you will get points that of equal to a Masters
Case 2: You didn't get your other certificate evaluated and only get your pharma degree evaluated and the ECA is bachelors, you will get points equal to bachelors.
Case 3: You send in all your certificates, and your B.Pharma is bachelors and other's diplomas, you will get points equal to 2 or more degrees.
Case 4: You send all certificates, your B.Pharma is evaluated as professional and other's diplomas, you will get points equal to that of masters.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, seniors,
Thanks.
Also, if you want to practice Pharmacy in Canada and provide pharmaceutical services directly to patients then you need to get your B.Pharma degree evaluated from PEBC Canada and not WES.

sanyinmon

Star Member
Oct 30, 2016
Also, if you want to practice Pharmacy in Canada and provide pharmaceutical services directly to patients then you need to get your B.Pharma degree evaluated from PEBC Canada and not WES.
Thank you for your reply with clear explanation. Well noted, dotslash!

Jul 29, 2019
Is it the college name or University name?
Like I did my engineering from IET Bhaddal Ropar Punjab and I am unable to find my college name over there in WES
So in that case Institution field will be IK Gujral Punjab Technical University or is it something else I need to fill

2) University Type:
University education or something else

Sunil Murthy

Jul 26, 2019
hi

I too am planning to apply for FSW , I have Done Engg from BVCOE , khargar. and Diploma. can someone help me with the below queries.

1. For WES , getting mark sheets attested is enough OR we need Transcripts too. As per WES site they have only mentioned about mark sheets and degree certificates are required to be sent. Request to share the details of the documents I need to send .

2.Which dates should be mentioned on WES Academic form. I mean month-year on which exam was conducted , mm/yyyy on the certificate of BE / Diploma.

Regards
Hi You have get Transcript from the university only attestation will not do. Transcript will be a Set of All Mark Sheet and Degree certificate attested by the university. Also WES form attestation is required. You can mention joining date and year of college and year of ending. I had used uttarika.com to get it ready and sent directly from university to WES best service try them.

Riyagoyal11

May 28, 2019
Hi, does our graduation score matter while creating the fsw profile? I have 45% in graduation and I was wondering if it could be a disadvantage?
Thank you.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Is it the college name or University name?
Like I did my engineering from IET Bhaddal Ropar Punjab and I am unable to find my college name over there in WES
So in that case Institution field will be IK Gujral Punjab Technical University or is it something else I need to fill

2) University Type:
University education or something else
University Name. It's always the name of the institution that issues you your documents!

Reactions: iosdeveloper38
Jul 29, 2019
Yes, unless you did a CA/CS programme or a PHD, you need to select University education.

Thanks a lot again.
Might be similar question.

I am also applying for WES for my wife.
1) She has done Bsc from some college from Punjab affiliated to Panjab University
2) She did her MSc from Panjab University

Question:
a) Name of Institution For both MSc and BSc will be Panjab University
Institution Type : University Education

b) Any idea about whether university sends both Transcripts and Degree certificates along with Academic Request form directly to WES or do we need to send degree certificate separately

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks a lot again.
Might be similar question.

I am also applying for WES for my wife.
1) She has done Bsc from some college from Punjab affiliated to Panjab University
2) She did her MSc from Panjab University

Question:
a) Name of Institution For both MSc and BSc will be Panjab University
Institution Type : University Education

b) Any idea about whether university sends both Transcripts and Degree certificates along with Academic Request form directly to WES or do we need to send degree certificate separately
A. Yes.
B. Degree copy has to be couriered/faxed by you and the transcripts have to be sent by the university in a stamped, sealed and signed envelope.

Reactions: iosdeveloper38