+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Application : what to fill in Institution and Education Type

Adya

Oct 1, 2018
Hello Friends,

Please recommend your views on below issue.

I tried to submit the my credential through WES however it does not recognize my institution. The college I studied is affiliated with the foreign university so, is it okay to list the Foreign university name? I studied in Nepal and I hold a degree from Queen Margaret University, Scotland however I have a transcript from my college and Queen Margaret University. As it does not recognize my college is it fine to submit the transcript of my college?

Thanks,
hi Astha26,
did you get your degree from Queen Margaret University assessed from WES? i am also stuck in similar situation.

astha26

Sep 9, 2018
hi Astha26,
did you get your degree from Queen Margaret University assessed from WES? i am also stuck in similar situation.
Hey Adya,

I called WES regarding academics evaluation they said 'WES does not evaluate the academics credentials from Silver Mountain School of Hotel Management(affiliated to QMU)' however they did not disclose the reason behind not evaluating SMSH academic records.

Adya

Oct 1, 2018
Hey Adya,

I called WES regarding academics evaluation they said 'WES does not evaluate the academics credentials from Silver Mountain School of Hotel Management(affiliated to QMU)' however they did not disclose the reason behind not evaluating SMSH academic records.
hello Ashtha26
thank you for replying.
so if as per WES hotel management institute is not recognized by them, but the degree you got is from QMU (mine Bachelors degree too is from QMU, Institute IIHM affiliated to this university) wont they consider the degree?? my last semester transcript is from QMU. did you try getting your QMU degree evaluated as the college is not recognized by WES.

Last edited:

astha26

Sep 9, 2018
hello Ashtha26
thank you for replying.
so if as per WES hotel management institute is not recognize by them, but the degree you got is from QMU (mine Bachelors degree too is from QMU, Institute IIHM affiliated to this university) wont they consider the degree??
There are some institute that WES does not recognize. When you enter your institute name while creating a WES account, will it give you any sort of error mes like wes does not evaluate an academic record from IIHM?

Adya

Oct 1, 2018
There are some institute that WES does not recognize. When you enter your institute name while creating a WES account, will it give you any sort of error mes like wes does not evaluate an academic record from IIHM?

so instead of our institute name cant we put the university name?

mspgokul

Nov 2, 2018
Hi Sir,
I have done BCA from CCS University and my Institute name was IMS, Ghaziabad. I have applied for transcript from CCS University. While filling the form I have selected IMS, Ghaziabad as institution. hope it will not make any negative impact as i could have selected CCS University.
Hi Sanndy,
Did u get response from WES ?
I have done the same, instead of specifying the University name, I have manullay specified my college name. Hope it works well.

prabh kour

Apr 14, 2019
Hi all ,
please let me know what should i fill in the name of the institution , it shold be my college name (brahmaiah college) or name of the university to which it is affiliated (JNTU).

And I did master of technology and bachelor of technology, so is it enough if i send m.tech degree or i need to send b.tech degree too.

please let me know

thanks in advance.

saisanju

Jun 3, 2019
I am certified by Anna university but my college is Tagore (Affiliated to anna university) In Wes Form Which one I should enter? And WES form is Mandatory to send?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Okay TY, So Transcript and Degree certificate is enough right? What about non-issuance of semester wise mark sheet letter from university? Need to attach tat too?
Yes you need that too.

If your programme was held in semester mode but the transcripts issued to you were yearly and then a letter by the university stating that they issue yearly transcripts is necessary.

artista

Jun 20, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm filling my WES application for ECA. I live in Brazil and my University is not able to translate my Academic Records into English. As they have to attach my academic records with the request form, sign and seal the envelope, just let me know something:
Will WES accept my academic records in Portuguese? If not, how should I translate it properly and where?
I've already read the Document Submission Checklist and it does not mention any translation to be done by the institution.
I'm concerned about being not able to deal with it.

Please, I need some advice.
Regards.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm filling my WES application for ECA. I live in Brazil and my University is not able to translate my Academic Records into English. As they have to attach my academic records with the request form, sign and seal the envelope, just let me know something:
Will WES accept my academic records in Portuguese? If not, how should I translate it properly and where?
I've already read the Document Submission Checklist and it does not mention any translation to be done by the institution.
I'm concerned about being not able to deal with it.

Please, I need some advice.
Regards.
No. Documents submitted to WES should be in English or French. Your university needs to send the translate documents or the translation needs to be done by a professional translator.

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-translation-services/?country=canada

Reactions: artista