+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform response timeline

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Hi hoping you and others like me get the passport request soon. Any idea if there is a difference between the web form submitted using the travel exemption link and web form submitted separately or are these one and the same?
Yes, these are two different webforms.
To expedite processing of a submitted TRV application, IRCC suggests to fill in the below form.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#step-2-existing

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi, I don't think the normal web form (the usual webform one use to submit additional docs, changing address etc) actually work.
I first sent a normal web form stating I'm exempt from the travel restrictions and asking them to prioritize my application. That was back in late April. A response come in about a week saying they received my docs. Then I have never got any further updates.

I also contacted my local MP but what they got from IRCC was also "the application is in process".

So I raised another webform using the travel exemption link in late May.

This has been an extremely frustrating process. I do hope we can all get PPR soon.
Thanks - very useful. Any idea if I can raise this webform myself if I have used a consultant for the trv application?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Yes, these are two different webforms.
To expedite processing of a submitted TRV application, IRCC suggests to fill in the below form.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#step-2-existing
Many thanks. When I access the web form using this link, the drop down list only gives the option of 'submit a travel exemption inquiry' and none for expediting visa processing... Can you pls guide whether the first and only available option has to be selected for both exemption request and expediting visa?

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Many thanks. When I access the web form using this link, the drop down list only gives the option of 'submit a travel exemption inquiry' and none for expediting visa processing... Can you pls guide whether the first and only available option has to be selected for both exemption request and expediting visa?
That is correct, select the only option "submit a travel exemption inquiry" and then fill out the next page following the instructions. In the free text box, you must explain that the webform is for prioritizing the trv application.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
That is correct, select the only option "submit a travel exemption inquiry" and then fill out the next page following the instructions. In the free text box, you must explain that the webform is for prioritizing the trv application.
Very clear - thanks again. Sorry last 3 questions please:
1. In the web form the particulars (name and date of birth) shall be for the visa applicant or myself i.e. the person raising the web form? (in my case the visa application is for my baby while I would be the one raising the web form)
2. If I have used a consultant for submitting the visa application, then in that case the email address is for me or the consultant?
3. (For the same reason of having used a consultant) do I need to mention this fact in the free text box and attach anything like the use of representative form or there is no need for this?
Many many thanks once again.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I am exempt from travel restrictions. Exemption webform sent on June15. 14 business days passed yesterday july 06 but still no reponse.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
I am exempt from travel restrictions. Exemption webform sent on June15. 14 business days passed yesterday july 06 but still no reponse.
Serious???

Reactions: Winner Man

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I sent email on May 17th to ircc to expedite my husband's trv.. applied in Dec 2020 from dubai, as immediate family member and I am in canada on student visa. Still waiting...
Your husband trv cannot be expedited/prioritized as he is not exempt from travel restrictions. He needs written authorization from ircc.
Though ircc is even not responding to prioritization of applications who are exempt like me. We are all in same boat :(

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Have they responded???

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
IRCC wrote that they'll take 2-5 business days to respond to webform.
But after submitting webform, they wrote that, "within 28 days".

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
hello everyone, i am a PR and applied for my mom's TRV in Dec 2020. Biometrics done and I sent a webform 10 days ago. Also, I applied for my husband's TRV as well. No answer yet from IRCC

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Not yet. I received response to previous inquiries around 14th business day though.
The VO responded after 3 days though; redirected me to another VO (which is responsible for my country).