+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform response timeline

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
I am a Canadian Citizen while my wife is PR. In October 2020, I submitted application for Visitor's Visa for my Mother In-Law to come help us out for few months as we are expecting our new baby. In October 5th she had her Biometrics already done in Lagos Nigeria.
As at when her application was submitted, the processing time on CIC website then was about 248 days if applying from Nigeria. From then till now, she has not been issued visa. On her online account with CIC, it's been showing application is in process in the past 4 months.
Please can anyone in this forum advise me on what to do to expedite action for her to get her visa ASAP. We really need her support immediately as this is our first baby. And we’re both stressed already coupled with the COVID-19. Some body advised me to flag her application as meeting travel exemption. Please how can I do that? I just have no idea on how can do that.

Secondly, Are mother In-Laws, siblings also classified as IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS?
Thanks for all the help.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello,
I am a Canadian Citizen while my wife is PR. In October 2020, I submitted application for Visitor's Visa for my Mother In-Law to come help us out for few months as we are expecting our new baby. In October 5th she had her Biometrics already done in Lagos Nigeria.
As at when her application was submitted, the processing time on CIC website then was about 248 days if applying from Nigeria. From then till now, she has not been issued visa. On her online account with CIC, it's been showing application is in process in the past 4 months.
Please can anyone in this forum advise me on what to do to expedite action for her to get her visa ASAP. We really need her support immediately as this is our first baby. And we’re both stressed already coupled with the COVID-19. Some body advised me to flag her application as meeting travel exemption. Please how can I do that? I just have no idea on how can do that.

Secondly, Are mother In-Laws, siblings also classified as IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS?
Thanks for all the help.
Hello,
You can find useful information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Hello,

Thanks for all the help.
Since your wife is a PR, your mother in law is considered as an immediate family member, while siblings are extended family members.

To expedite processing of a submitted TRV application, IRCC suggests to fill in the below form.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#step-2-existing

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Since your wife is a PR, your mother in law is considered as an immediate family member, while siblings are extended family members.

To expedite processing of a submitted TRV application, IRCC suggests to fill in the below form.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#step-2-existing
Thanks for the information.
Another question: Should I again include/add the copies of the TRV required application documents earlier submitted when submitting the above webform?
I know I will attach my wife PR Card and her birth certificate showing the applicant is her true mother.
Are there other documents I shoud attach to the webform?
Thanks for all the help.
Regards,

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Thanks for the information.
Another question: Should I again include/add the copies of the TRV required application documents earlier submitted when submitting the above webform?
I know I will attach my wife PR Card and her birth certificate showing the applicant is her true mother.
Are there other documents I shoud attach to the webform?
Thanks for all the help.
Regards,
Yes, that's correct. Add documents like certificate of birth to prove relation, pr card, passports, tickets, etc.

In the place to enter text they want the following:
Include information such as
  • a detailed reason of how you meet a travel exemption to come to Canada
  • your passport number
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
If you’ve already booked your travel, provide your travel itinerary, including your
  • flight number
  • departure time and location
  • arrival time and location

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Yes, that's correct. Add documents like certificate of birth to prove relation, pr card, passports, tickets, etc.

• your passport number
If you’ve already booked your travel, provide your travel itinerary, including your
  • flight number
Waoo! Thanks for the prompt response. I haven't book the flight yet. So there's no flight ticket. Do you think that my affect the approval for my travel exemption?

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Waoo! Thanks for the prompt response. I haven't book the flight yet. So there's no flight ticket. Do you think that my affect the approval for my travel exemption?
They say not to book tickets before the visa is issued. So it is not necessary.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has provided a written authorization to IRCC regarding admissibility of a sibling. How long did the process take and what are the chances of it being approved?

Any information regarding the above topic would be highly appreciated.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello, Another question:
Under this travel exemption, what shoud I state as reason for travel? Should I put vacation of COVID-19?
Thanks for the prompt response.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada

• your passport number
  • flight number

Hello,
Is there a sample / template of the " Detailed reason of how meet a travel exemption to come to Canada"?
Please kindy help with the sample / and reasons should be included.
Thanks,

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Hello,
Is there a sample / template of the " Detailed reason of how meet a travel exemption to come to Canada"?
Please kindy help with the sample / and reasons should be included.
Thanks,
This should be the same reason mentioned in their visa application.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
I have been trying to log into my CIC account to check my application update, but to no avail.
Has any of you been able to log into CIC account today? Are they upgrading their system? Tried calling them but to no avail.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I sent one on April 20, then another one on May 11. they dont reply at all do they‍♀. I dont know, i probably will contact my MP if he can help.
Right. They do not reply now. I sent exemption webform on June 15 as an immediate member of PR. No reply till today. But they replied to my previous email request for authorization last year on Nov 29 & this year on may 07.

Reactions: wisdom7

PrasadRks

Jul 27, 2020
Did anyone get a response from the IRCC after submitting webform to prioritize the application? Or is there any other way to prioritize the application?