+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.

sreewinn

Mar 28, 2022
Please help or clarify if anyone has any information.
I submitted visitor visa application in new portal for my parents. immediately next day i got Biometric request and we completed Biometric request within 5 business days.

But for My Dad Biometric still showing "We need your fingerprints to process your application " But dont understand why this is showing, even we got biometric number and validity date and my mother's status got updated correctly.

is there anything to be worried why Biometric status not updated under application status.

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
My biometrics also changed to this today in GcKey:
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
I had biometrics done a month ago and the number/date/information is there at the bottom of the page. Thinking it must be a glitch in the system?

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Hi,

I did biometrics on 19th October, For the next 23 days was still showing "Your action is required"

And after 23 days, on 10th of November, the status is finally "Submitted" and the message become "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

Anyone face the same situation ? How to handle any idea ?

Thank you,
was it resolved?

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Update: Still no change in the status from 'we have not received your fingerprints' - but I contacted the VAC (the independent place that does the actual fingerprint taking - not IRCC or CA GOV at all) and over the course of a week and emails back and forth giving various bits of info, they said that they had informed the London Canadian High Commission (my local embassy handling the PR) and assured me that they had contacted CHC and that they had received them.

Biometrics taken 11 Dec 2018 - it's now 18 Feb 2019, so two months.

I did use the biometrics check tool (https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery) that I found here, and that does seem to confirm that IRCC have biometrics on record for me.

Seems to be par for the course - but considering (despite long waits) how accurate all the other information is, this is a worrying 'bug' in their system.

Oh, and nothing from IRCC at all. I submitted a technical fault with a screenshot about it 22 Jan, and it's been 'read' but nothing else. I can only hope a fix is on their backlog to improve things in the future.
was it resolved?

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
I am in the exact same situation, did my biometrics a month and a half ago, the information appears in the applicant information box on my GCKey page, but next to biometrics it says "we did not recieve your fingerprints"(or something like that).
I raised technucal CSE, and called an agent, they confirmed that the responsible office received it.
I also emailed the Canadian Embassy in my country, which confirmed that my biometrucs on file.
That is a weird and frustrating situation, I tried to just ignore it and hope for the best, but seems I can't just leave it this way haha

Anyone was able to resolve the issue?
hey,did it get resolved?

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Update: Still no change in the status from 'we have not received your fingerprints' - but I contacted the VAC (the independent place that does the actual fingerprint taking - not IRCC or CA GOV at all) and over the course of a week and emails back and forth giving various bits of info, they said that they had informed the London Canadian High Commission (my local embassy handling the PR) and assured me that they had contacted CHC and that they had received them.

Biometrics taken 11 Dec 2018 - it's now 18 Feb 2019, so two months.

I did use the biometrics check tool (https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery) that I found here, and that does seem to confirm that IRCC have biometrics on record for me.

Seems to be par for the course - but considering (despite long waits) how accurate all the other information is, this is a worrying 'bug' in their system.

Oh, and nothing from IRCC at all. I submitted a technical fault with a screenshot about it 22 Jan, and it's been 'read' but nothing else. I can only hope a fix is on their backlog to improve things in the future.
did it get resolved

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
I'm in the same situation. Biometrics collected 2 months ago, I've emailed to local Canadian Embassy a month ago and they confirmed biometrics was registered, but "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." still appear in application.
did it got resolved?

m9up1

Apr 3, 2018
Any one same issue
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Did it get resolved how was it remedied any light on the matter is helpful. TIA.

kamrewa

May 30, 2022
We completed a IRRC form. On 16th November, they said that they had verified the information and they had forwarded it to the responsible office.

Unfotunately, the message is still same over a month :(
"We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."
Hi,
My application is also stucked at same step and getting "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." message.
Could you please confirm what was the solution.
I already have written/raise ticket to IRCC but same message reflecting since last 2 months.

Please guide.

kamrewa

May 30, 2022
Hi,
My application is also stucked at same step and getting "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." message.
Could someone please confirm what was the solution.
I already have written/raise ticket to IRCC but same message reflecting since last 2 months.

Please guide.

m9up1

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,
Could someone please confirm what was the solution.

Please guide.
Was there any response from IRCC when you raised a ticket ?

Jun 20, 2022
Hello
Same for my i did my biometric almost 3 months mow my statue : we are processing you application...

But biometric date and info not appeared there
I asked my consultant he said don’t worry about it just wait for the next instructions f
Anyone here same as me the waiting gale is killing me
Ps: I applied for pr and Open work permit
Saskatchewan
Hello,
Same situation here. Did you get your issue sorted ?
Can you share your experience how it turned out ?
Thanks.
Aravind (Mississauga)