+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to carry 100 Kg Food items for myself while moving to Canada.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Bring coffee, tea, sweets, spices. Spices can be very expensive in Canada.

Pots & pans and utensils are good to bring if you have room. But "dollar stores" in Canada also sell stuff cheap. There is a huge difference in price between dollar stores and regular stores in Canada so when you arrive make sure you find your local dollar store.

Don't bring meat, fish, nuts, fruits or alcohol because thats not allowed.

Don't bring rice.

Medicines, especially indian medicines you like, traditional herbal remedies or something that you wont be able to find in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steerpike said:

Pots & pans and utensils are good to bring if you have room. But "dollar stores" in Canada also sell stuff cheap. There is a huge difference in price between dollar stores and regular stores in Canada so when you arrive make sure you find your local dollar store.

Don't bring rice.

Medicines, especially indian medicines you like, traditional herbal remedies or something that you wont be able to find in Canada.
I always go to the US for shopping and upon returning to Canada I bring meat, seafood, nuts, fruits, rice, dairy products and alcoholic drinks (within the exemption) without any problem.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
steaky said:
I always go to the US for shopping and upon returning to Canada I bring meat, seafood, nuts, fruits, rice, dairy products and alcoholic drinks (within the exemption) without any problem.
And don't forget to fill up your car ;D

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
steaky said:

Yes because they are coming from the USA. You can not bring one single gram of meat from India into Canada. Not one gram.

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
hargunthind,

I understand you are from India. me too. Unfortunately, your comments are absolutely correct if were coming few year backs. Now, you get every Indian grocery in Canada with affordable and reasonable cost. Indian marketing gone wider in Canada.
hi kiranmayi
thanx for your concern
Actually as I dont know anybody in Canadaand will be struggling in toronto for every thing from airport pickup to accomodation and every thing .l am planning to settle in brampton.can you suggest smthing that will be a lot of help as till today I am yet to find accomodation thats why wanted to be sure to have smthing to eatLOL

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
steerpike said:

Don't bring rice. a
Are rice not allowed as I was supposed to carry approx two kg of rice

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hargunthind said:
Are rice not allowed as I was supposed to carry approx two kg of rice
Yes, it's allowed. Last time, I brought 2 bags of glutinous rice (about 4kg in total) from Thailand arriving YVR. The BSO asked me to unzip my baggage, saw the rice package (without opened it) and let me go.

Those glutinous rice were just tastier than what is available in Canadian stores, and that's one of the reasons I brought them. :D