Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
AMR2011 said:
Hi,

Want to know which is the preferred mode of sending the photos to CIC. I have the PO BOX 4500 Sydney address. I understand we have tos end it via Canada Post. But there seems to be some options within Canada post. What is the safest option to send the photos via Canada post.

Appreciate a quick reply
Tracked option. Although if I were you I would send it through a third party courier just stay more safe. Maybe FedEx or Purolator. Again make sure they have tracking numbers.

Best of luck,

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
KRP said:
Hello,
My Pr card expires in Jan 2017. I had send my application in May 2016 and got AOR that they received it. They started processing towards end of July. Around Aug last week I got an email that my Pr card cannot be produced due to non- compliant photo. So I went back to the same studio and this time made sure that he removes its without a single loop hole.
I send this thru Canada Post xpress post BUT the email IRCC send was just a P.O box 9000 NOVA SCOTIA. I tracked it and found someone had signed the documents off. Now waiting for more than a month I rang the call center and was informed that there is no trace of the photos and re-send again within 180 days.
Now the call center lady sends an email telling me that P.O box 9000 is only for regular mail within Canada.
Any courier if used like Canada post xpress r fedex. dhl etc the applicant should send to 42 Dorchester street.
Has any brother or sister in this splendid forum gone through such an situation? How was it handled and what was the outcome?
The last resort for me is again to send the photos and keep waiting.............

Thanks in advance for your inputs

AMR 2011,
You must have been advised to send your photos to
Case Processing Centre - Only Regular mail.
Permanent Residence Card
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you use Canada post Xpress service or any courier service on this P.O box address and later on contact IRCC call center you will be told photos not received. I have personal experience.

So if you want to send across faster and need tracking use Xpresspost service of Canada post BUT mail to
Courier address
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
I send it on this address again and got mine in 3 weeks.

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
I got my PR card yesterday by regular post.

I landed on Oct 15th at Peace Arch, BC.

I also got following email yesterday:

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).

Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Hi All

Though i had panic last week. The system is very clear. They have sent a mail to the Principal applicant mail id for resending the Photos. After 14 days all the dependants also got via postal mail a request to resend the photos (it was NOT sent for principal applicant since they had emailed). After which we are requested to send a photo according to specifications. What iunderstand so far is the chin to crown measurement in the photo should be between 31 and 36 mm. I hope this is to fit into the PR card. This is the requirement. No confusions. Also for the dependants when they sent the new photo request they send individual self addressed envelops within the mail (since these can be sent by separate IRCC officers who do not know that all of us are of the same family) to resend the photos. What i did was use one such envelop to send all four of our new photos after measuring they are indeed of the given specification. Since iam the only person in Canada i had written on the back of the photos the photo studio address. Obviously i had only the Canadian address all others are from my home country. But still i send them. I strongly believe that they only need the specifications and they are least bothered about where it is taken (also they did not mention anywhere that it had to be taken in Canada). The photos have reached today. And hopefully if my understanding is correct we should get the PR card for all four of us by end of next week in my hands.

Meganes

Aug 6, 2015
AMR2011 said:
Hi All

Though i had panic last week. The system is very clear. They have sent a mail to the Principal applicant mail id for resending the Photos. After 14 days all the dependants also got via postal mail a request to resend the photos (it was NOT sent for principal applicant since they had emailed). After which we are requested to send a photo according to specifications. What iunderstand so far is the chin to crown measurement in the photo should be between 31 and 36 mm. I hope this is to fit into the PR card. This is the requirement. No confusions. Also for the dependants when they sent the new photo request they send individual self addressed envelops within the mail (since these can be sent by separate IRCC officers who do not know that all of us are of the same family) to resend the photos. What i did was use one such envelop to send all four of our new photos after measuring they are indeed of the given specification. Since iam the only person in Canada i had written on the back of the photos the photo studio address. Obviously i had only the Canadian address all others are from my home country. But still i send them. I strongly believe that they only need the specifications and they are least bothered about where it is taken (also they did not mention anywhere that it had to be taken in Canada). The photos have reached today. And hopefully if my understanding is correct we should get the PR card for all four of us by end of next week in my hands.

I got the same email on November 23. I mailed the new photos on the same day and they were delivered on November 25. I really need my PR card as I am traveling on December 9. Do you know how long it takes after resending the photos to receive the PR card? I called cic but no clear response. :(

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What i heard is in some cases it just took 15 days. DId you send it in the envelop they provided with the letter attached to the photos?

Meganes

Aug 6, 2015
AMR2011 said:
What i heard is in some cases it just took 15 days. DId you send it in the envelop they provided with the letter attached to the photos?
They did not send me any envelopes. It was just a letter that they emailed me. I mailed the photos with the letter to the address they provided.
Did you receive any envelope in mail from them?

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Are you a single applicant or do you have dependants? If so you will recieve a postal mail for the dependants individually.In that they send a self addressed envelope which should be sent back along with the letter they send. Did you atleast send back the letter (by taking a printout and clipping the photo to it)?

Thanks

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, Just for information for people who have resubmitted photos. They are processing photos that have been resubmitted on Nov 23rd. Mine
reached them on 25th November. So hopefully it will be processed this week and sent. Other applicants, they processing the papers for the people who landed on November 2nd now.

Thanks

Prax

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Hi experts,

My landing visa is expiring in the 3rd week of Jan 2017. I am currently in US and my plan is to move to Canada permanently in APR/MAY 2017 once my current work contract is over.
Mean while, I want to fly to Toronto to complete my landing process (in the 3rd/4th week of Dec). I can stay only a couple of days after landing. I have some of relatives in Canada who can collect my PR card and courier it to me before I return in Apr/May. I have no choice that I have to complete my landing before the visa expiry date, because I don't want to get it to refilling complications.

So I need your expert advise on the following -
1. Is it a problem if I tell the immigration officer (if he asks me) about my whole plan honestly. What kind of circumstances I need to be prepared for?
2. Is it safe to get the PR card in courier from my friends?
3. I have a car in USA that I want to bring to Canada (it meets Canadian standards). Is there a way that I can take it to Canada when I travel back in April? I know we can take our car into Canada at the time of landing. But in my case, I cannot take it now. So Can I declare that now while landing and take it later?

Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Prax said:
Hi experts,

My landing visa is expiring in the 3rd week of Jan 2017. I am currently in US and my plan is to move to Canada permanently in APR/MAY 2017 once my current work contract is over.
Mean while, I want to fly to Toronto to complete my landing process (in the 3rd/4th week of Dec). I can stay only a couple of days after landing. I have some of relatives in Canada who can collect my PR card and courier it to me before I return in Apr/May. I have no choice that I have to complete my landing before the visa expiry date, because I don't want to get it to refilling complications.

So I need your expert advise on the following -
1. Is it a problem if I tell the immigration officer (if he asks me) about my whole plan honestly. What kind of circumstances I need to be prepared for?
2. Is it safe to get the PR card in courier from my friends?
3. I have a car in USA that I want to bring to Canada (it meets Canadian standards). Is there a way that I can take it to Canada when I travel back in April? I know we can take our car into Canada at the time of landing. But in my case, I cannot take it now. So Can I declare that now while landing and take it later?

Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Hi there,

1. Of course, go ahead and tell the officer about your whole plan. Always stay sincere and honest. They will guide you more thoroughly.
2. It's absolutely not recommended, but it is possible. If you land and want to travel before getting your PR you are required to get a travel document. If you don't do that, get out, and wait for your friends to get you your PR to you, then that is a different story. Think about it for a second, your PR is not scanned when you left, and it is getting scanned for the first time when you come back to Canada? If that makes sense to you well, then it might make sense to the officer too. Again, land, and produce your travel document and then travel.
3. Sure you can.

Best of luck,

canabra

Dec 6, 2016
AMR2011 said:
Hi, Just for information for people who have resubmitted photos. They are processing photos that have been resubmitted on Nov 23rd. Mine
reached them on 25th November. So hopefully it will be processed this week and sent. Other applicants, they processing the papers for the people who landed on November 2nd now.

Thanks
It will definitely take longer than a week for them to send yours. I landed on October 1st, submitted the photos on Nov 2nd and I'm still waiting. It's been more than a week that they said my card was sent for production.

I might have to cancel my vacation plan as I had my flight booked for December 13th and I don't think I will get the PR card on time.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
Hello Outland Apps,

My question are to the ones that was requested the 2 photos with PPR, and received the COPR back with the 2 original photos back.

Will this picture be one in the PR Card? Or was one of the 8 photos sent with the app? Do you need to drop the 2 photos off at the airport?

Thanks,

Amanda

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
AMR2011 said:
Hi All

Hi. I have been asked to resend pics too. So far, only me as principle applicant but i hope my wife n two kids rwquest will be enroute too very soon. Questions/Concerns I have.
1. We landed in Oct and returned back to Qatar in mid november. My new pics arw taken and stamped now from doha qatar. Will this create any problem?

2. I got all of us new pics, planning to send 2 each for all four of us together, is this approach o.k. or should I wait for the other requests too before sending?

3. Can I send directly by FedEx or DHL etc? I have been asked to aend with a copy of email only...no envelopes etc.

Appreciate help.

Regards

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fairmont81 said:
Hi. I have been asked to resend pics too. So far, only me as principle applicant but i hope my wife n two kids rwquest will be enroute too very soon. Questions/Concerns I have.
1. We landed in Oct and returned back to Qatar in mid november. My new pics arw taken and stamped now from doha qatar. Will this create any problem?

2. I got all of us new pics, planning to send 2 each for all four of us together, is this approach o.k. or should I wait for the other requests too before sending?

3. Can I send directly by FedEx or DHL etc? I have been asked to aend with a copy of email only...no envelopes etc.

Appreciate help.

Regards
Hi, it should be ok as long as you follow the specificaitons. If you had given a QUebec address then the dependants photo requirement will be mailed to the address. Just keep a watch on that. Otherwise i am not sure, how it would be sent if you are outside canada. In my case, i am still in canada and the dependants photo request was mailed via Canada post to the address directly. Only for Principal applicant they send email.

Thanks