+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Amab1980

Oct 15, 2016
puneri_engineer said:
@Amab 1980:

I had the same problem for my wife's photos. I took pictures in USA. I sent my first set of photos with exact specifications. On the back however I was not able to get the stamped name of the photographer (Walgreens). I think that is why those pictures were rejected.

Second set of pictures were taken at CVS again USA. CVS uses a computer software to adjust the picture specs for Canadian passport. That dude edited the background as pure white. He used a special stamp with that CVS location and was confident it works for Canadian immigration. I sent these pictures and they accepted it. I called CIC to confirm that. I hope this helps in your situation. I have different issue that the cards were mailed but not received even after 19 days.thank you very much very helpful
did you send it by courier or Canada post please

coloneldent84

Dec 6, 2011
Hello all,
If anyone has information regarding the following, please kindly comment:

I had not a Canadian address when I landed. Therefore, CBSA officer gave me a form to complete as soon as I get a local address and then to fax to PR Cards processing center. I faxed it two days ago, but I am wondering how long will it take for them to update my address on ecas after faxing the form? Is there another way to check if they received the updated address?

Thanks all.

SA1982

Oct 27, 2016
Hi, we landed in dec 2015, but still havent received our pr card. Our daughters pr card came in feb 2016.but me and my husband received a letter to submit new photos. Which we submitted in april. After that we have checked with them several times .every time we got a reply that they have no update on our application. Neither on photos. I' m not sure what to do now as we are in oman and want to shift to canada as soon as possible

ninja1987

Jul 6, 2016
Hi all,

I and my wife completed the landing process on Oct 1 at Niagara falls border. I received my PR card today but my wife has not yet received it. Is something to worry about?

Thanks

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
SA1982 said:
Hi, we landed in dec 2015, but still havent received our pr card. Our daughters pr card came in feb 2016.but me and my husband received a letter to submit new photos. Which we submitted in april. After that we have checked with them several times .every time we got a reply that they have no update on our application. Neither on photos. I' m not sure what to do now as we are in oman and want to shift to canada as soon as possible
That timeline is unacceptable. I would send new photos to them, and keep phoning them asking for an update, it has been almost a whole year since you landed.

SS66

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
16-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
23-Feb-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2016
ninja1987 said:
Hi all,

I and my wife completed the landing process on Oct 1 at Niagara falls border. I received my PR card today but my wife has not yet received it. Is something to worry about?

Thanks
I think it is great that you received your PR in less than a month ;D

Regarding Your wife's PR, I think nothing is a cause for concern providing that the current processing time for new PRs is 41 days.

raman13s

May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Masters in applied science stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 29, 2015
Doc's Request.
March 13, 2016
AOR Received.
September 16, 2015
Med's Request
April 29, 2015
Med's Done....
April 19, 2016
Passport Req..
September 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
SS66 said:
I think it is great that you received your PR in less than a month ;D

Regarding Your wife's PR, I think nothing is a cause for concern providing that the current processing time for new PRs is 41 days.
but the question is, does CIC obey the 41 days new PR process timeline ?

SS66

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
16-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
23-Feb-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2016
raman13s said:
but the question is, does CIC obey the 41 days new PR process timeline ?
Yeah! Actually, it is a valid question, but I hope they will ive up to expectations and deliver the initial cards within the mentioned time frame.

I know there were many cases when this process became unpredictably longer, particularly when new photos were required, but I hope in normal cases they gonna respect the mentioned time frame on their website.

SA1982

Oct 27, 2016
adaytoremember said:
That timeline is unacceptable. I would send new photos to them, and keep phoning them asking for an update, it has been almost a whole year since you landed.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. We are outside canada currently.. is there any contact no. To call them from outside canada.. and also where do we need to resend the photos.. plzz help us out

RinRin

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
The CIC agent I spoke to today said he would send a note to the officer to pay attention to my file. He also mentioned there was no note saying that they required another set of photos from me again.

tylerchu2015

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-11-2015 (Schedule A)
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
File Transfer...
02-10-2016 (FBI PCC submitted)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi guys

I have been requested to submit new photos after landing. Date I received email was 21 sept. So I sent photos to PO box 4500 Nova Scotia. i sent the photos frm outside Canada with tracking services. From the website it shows that my letter was delivered but when I asked Cic through cse, they got back that they didn't received it.

Can I please confirm if I should send to their courier address or regular mail address?

OhMyCanada!

Sep 1, 2015
Hello there,

If you are outside Canada, use the COURIER address given on their website, a PO Box will not help you unless you are in Canada.

You may just conform with them first that the courier address given is correct first, of which I am sure it is, then courier.

All the best.....

raman13s

May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Masters in applied science stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 29, 2015
Doc's Request.
March 13, 2016
AOR Received.
September 16, 2015
Med's Request
April 29, 2015
Med's Done....
April 19, 2016
Passport Req..
September 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
any luck with PR card for newly landed people?

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
So apparently my PR Card was lost by Canada post.. :mad:
I decided to call CIC today to check on my status and they told me that it was mailed to me a month(!) ago.
ugh...
Does anyone know if PR cards get sent by a registered mail or just a regular small brown envelope?

And how long does it take to get a new one sent out?