+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hey everyone, I landed on 19th July 2016, and finally I received my pr card today on 26 August 2016. I did not expect this at all. at first i saw a mail in my mail box and it looks like a regular mail, i thought it was a resubmit photo mail. BUT IT'S A PR CARD ATTACHED IN THE MAIL...
:D :D

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi All,

I would really appreciate if someone can answer my following queries regarding the PR card, additional photo request and PRTD below from your recent experiences:

1. For the additional photos requests, has anyone been asked to come and submit the additional photos in person recently or it can be sent by mail only? Is there any confirmation provided that the photos have been received?

2. Are there any additional documents requested besides the additional photos? Any form with signature and personal info?

3. If the person is outside the country and a photo request is received - if that person sends new photos from the other country, will this be accepted as it will have the name and address of a photographer not within Canada?

4. What is the usual processing time? When is a good time to call them up and ask the status? 4 or 6 weeks?

5. Are there cases where photos were rejected a second time?

6. Anyone who applied for a PRTD - Did you have to submit your current passport only or had to submit all previous passports too (as mentioned in the requirement for PRTD document)?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I would really appreciate if someone can answer my following queries regarding the PR card, additional photo request and PRTD below from your recent experiences:

1. For the additional photos requests, has anyone been asked to come and submit the additional photos in person recently or it can be sent by mail only? Is there any confirmation provided that the photos have been received?
By mail only.
Absolutely no confirmation.
Canada post tracking only.

2. Are there any additional documents requested besides the additional photos? Any form with signature and personal info?
2 Photos and the pdf that states your application #

4. What is the usual processing time? When is a good time to call them up and ask the status? 4 or 6 weeks?
Whatever processing time that shows on CIC processing timetable.

5. Are there cases where photos were rejected a second time?
Yes. Some people have waited for cards for nearly 365 days.
My case 15 days

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Sanazeh said:
6. Anyone who applied for a PRTD - Did you have to submit your current passport only or had to submit all previous passports too (as mentioned in the requirement for PRTD document)?
You would need to submit all earlier passports. I did. Whether or not it is a strict requirement is probably up to the visa officer issuing you a one time single entry visa (aka PRTD). Good Luck.

snayak

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Guys finally My PR card reached today. But still waiting for my wife's PR card.

Landing on 30th April
Photo Request 2nd August
Photo sent 9th August (Not sure when the photo reached. Tracking does not show anything)
PR card reached on 29th August.

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got my PR card, landed on 18th May, Photo requested on 14th Aug, sent on 15th Aug got my

PR card after 15 days,

Thanks,
Salil

AKJ

Jun 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2016
LANDED..........
17-07-2016
Hello Friends,

I landed on 17th July 2016 & received PR cards on 24 August 2016.

Thanks & good luck all!

CanadaSAP

Aug 20, 2014
Hi All,

Finally I got PR cards for me and for my family. I had landed on 24th May and got the photo requests on 3rd Aug. It took 2 weeks after CIC had received my photos.

Thank you forum for the help.

Regards,

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
Hi All,

I checked for my months status on CIC website and now says Decision Made. It says her PR card was approved on August 24th, 2016. My question to you is: how long does it usually takes for them to send it?

Thanks everyone!

ps. as a quick background my mom landed in Dec 15, 2015. CIC requested photos in March 31, 2016. Seemed nothing arrived and when I called they said to send the photos again (1 month ago). So effectively it has been over 8 months.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Hi fvalerach. Does ecas state that the card was approved? My ecas does not state anything about my spouse. She is waiting for her PR card. We resubmitted her photo about 2 weeks ago. Please share your experience. Thanks.

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
canadamaple said:
Hi fvalerach. Does ecas state that the card was approved? My ecas does not state anything about my spouse. She is waiting for her PR card. We resubmitted her photo about 2 weeks ago. Please share your experience. Thanks.
Hi,

Yes, it says the following:

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on August 24, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office

And the status is: Decision Made

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Wow. Thats impressive. However it looks like ecas works differently for different people. My ecas status is: Decision Made. However it does not say anything about mine or my spouse's PR card. I have received my card, but my spouse is waiting. Hopefully we will receive her card by next week. Fingers crossed.

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
canadamaple said:
Wow. Thats impressive. However it looks like ecas works differently for different people. My ecas status is: Decision Made. However it does not say anything about mine or my spouse's PR card. I have received my card, but my spouse is waiting. Hopefully we will receive her card by next week. Fingers crossed.
I think it varies depeding on the agent that writes the message.

How long it took for you to receive the card?

Have you called CIC?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I think I got the card in about 40 days after landing. I am concerned to call CIC to ask for the status of my spouse. The last time we called they ended up sending a photo resubmission request. It really depends on the agent as you mention. Now that we have resubmitted photos, I will refrain from calling for at least two more weeks.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse got his card in the mail today. Photos were delivered on Aug 18. Exactly 2 weeks. My advice: if you haven't got your card within the processing time, call CIC straight away. we didn't know they had requested new photos until we called. Good luck everyone.