+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
I just received a email, 70 days after I landed...asking me to re-take 2 photographs...is this normal? I believe that for the money it cost, to do the whole process, they should be more efficient

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
berengena said:
I just received a email, 70 days after I landed...asking me to re-take 2 photographs...is this normal? I believe that for the money it cost, to do the whole process, they should be more efficient
Absolutely normal.
Just send and hope that this time they will ... produce and send.

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
I landed yesterday. I am in Canada now. In the end of September we need go to USA for a conference. What should I do now? SHould I apply a visa or just wait the PR card?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
mayanyunxiao said:
I landed yesterday. I am in Canada now. In the end of September we need go to USA for a conference. What should I do now? SHould I apply a visa or just wait the PR card?
What visa and which card you are planning to use to enter which country?
FYI - You cant use PR card to enter US. You need visa/visa exempt passport to enter US.
And you cant apply for Canada visa as you are a PR already.
You can enter via land from US with COPR & passport without PR card.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
New PR card processing time is now increased - 41 days.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
harirajmohan said:
My card too reached my ups post box yesterday 17th at SK.
Waiting for 2 more cards (hopefully today/tomorrow) as the call center agent told that all 3 were mailed out on 12th Aug.
Landed on 9th Jul at SK.
Need to get it shipped to US this week.
Luckily no photo requests for any of us.
Rest of 2 cards got delivered to my ups post box yesterday 19th Aug.
Good luck everyone. Hopefully we all meet RO to apply for citizenship instead of renewing PR card and go through this unpredictable travel document process.

zibi762

Feb 2, 2015
My common law partner did his landing in Boundary Bay, BC on Jan. 23, 2016 and still has not received his PR card. He phoned the call centre about a month ago, and spoke to someone entirely useless, who basically said, they have everything they need from him, it just hasn't been processed yet, and they had no idea when he would receive his card. We've subsequently submitted a case specific enquiry, and received back only an automated response saying that his enquiry was forwarded to the appropriate office, and they would only contact him if they needed additional information.

We are now almost in September, and I feel like this is getting ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that just waiting for the PR card is going to take longer than our whole application process did.

Any recommendations?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
zibi762 said:
My common law partner did his landing in Boundary Bay, BC on Jan. 23, 2016 and still has not received his PR card. He phoned the call centre about a month ago, and spoke to someone entirely useless, who basically said, they have everything they need from him, it just hasn't been processed yet, and they had no idea when he would receive his card. We've subsequently submitted a case specific enquiry, and received back only an automated response saying that his enquiry was forwarded to the appropriate office, and they would only contact him if they needed additional information.

We are now almost in September, and I feel like this is getting ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that just waiting for the PR card is going to take longer than our whole application process did.

Any recommendations?
Call multiple times until you get someone useful on the call willing to help. It might be useful to try to isolate the problem for the delay by checking the address you gave on landing is correctly listed on their system, the system shows that you became a PR on the day you landed (some people had issues with this part resulting in delays) or maybe the delay is related to a pure new photo request that has not made it to you as of yet. If you get a good call center agent, he should be able to confirm these different items for you.

I would also suggest getting the contact info for the PR card processing center, I think its Sydney nova scotia but please confirm. You can send a case specific inquiry to them also. I personally think someone will look into your case in a few weeks as part of the case specific enquiry and start the production process for your card.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zibi762 said:

Any recommendations?
I doubt that he/she is going to get the card. Sorry. Please reapply to avoid wasting more time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4
Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card.

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
I was stay in Canada as a worker with work permit.
I applied PR and landed Aug.17.
Now I am a new PR but without PR card as cic will sent me the card later.
I have a usa visa.
I can go to usa for my conference.
My question is how to return back from usa as now I have no PR card.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mayanyunxiao said:
I was stay in Canada as a worker with work permit.
I applied PR and landed Aug.17.
Now I am a new PR but without PR card as cic will sent me the card later.
I have a usa visa.
I can go to usa for my conference.
My question is how to return back from usa as now I have no PR card.
Yes but via land with your copr & passport. They might still ask you on pr card but you can say that you are waiting for it.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-copr-still-valid-document-to-reenter-canada-by-land-t437043.0.html;msg5371797#msg5371797

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
berengena said:
70 days ??? Lol , I got the same request after 90 business days, and which is not surprising to me at all , because as we know that CIC is a very efficient Immigration system in the world

Bwave

Nov 25, 2014
Hello people, I sure can relate to all the heart-palpitations related to waiting to receive PR cards after landing as a new permanent resident. In my case, I was outland meaning I traveled out of Canada after completing my landing formalities. I eventually had to resend photographs but eventually received my PR Cards :D phew!

If there's any question or enquiries as to how to handle the situation regarding resending photos and receiving PR cards while outland I'd be glad to help with that in any way possible.

In other matters, there's an online international blog looking for more traffic on the site and they claim to be paying you for inviting more people to the site without you paying anything. You Just log on to the link below, click on register and immediately you start earning money which can eventually be received through WESTERN UNION,BANK WIRE TRANSFER AND PAYPAL.JOIN,INVITE AND EARN is what success looks like in this business. Here is the link below for any one interested to check it out. Cheers!

http://TheTasksPay.com/?user=63574

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Has anybody had an issue with their PR Card where the height entered is incorrect?

I know the process is to contact CIC and ask for a new PR card to be reissued however given that I'm planning to fly to Canada next month I was thinking of doing it once there. Would an incorrect height on the PR card cause me issues when landing? The height on my PR card is the same as my wife's (hence correct for her but not for me)