Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
djshshajtm said:
I don't know about that.
I am from a visa exempt country myself and I've heard that you cannot hold two status at once.

If you enter Canada like that, aren't you coming in as a visitor?
I know for a fact that one cannot hold two statuses in Canada. (visitor and a pr?)

Officer who proceeded to land me specifically told me that you need PR CARD or PRTRD.
Ya officer told me the same when I landed but the reason they do that is that they cover all bases i.e people who have visa exempt passports and those who dont. So to cover everyone they say you need a PR card but I have done it and several people i know have done it and absolutely no issue whatseover. Even when I landed in Toronto and I showed him my copr he didnt even bat an eyelid looking for a PR card

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hegarty147 said:
Ya officer told me the same when I landed but the reason they do that is that they cover all bases i.e people who have visa exempt passports and those who dont. So to cover everyone they say you need a PR card but I have done it and several people i know have done it and absolutely no issue whatseover. Even when I landed in Toronto and I showed him my copr he didnt even bat an eyelid looking for a PR card
So you came in to Canada as a 'visitor' status while having PR status?
Don't they ask you where you will be staying, what you will do for the time being and how long you will stay and ask to see for your flight ticket...?

That to me... makes 0 sense. It would be fantastic for my case though, haha.

So you're saying that people from countries where they would need to apply for visitor's visa
are the ones who must have PR CARD or PRTRD?

hmm...

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
djshshajtm said:
So you came in to Canada as a 'visitor' status while having PR status?
Don't they ask you where you will be staying, what you will do for the time being and how long you will stay and ask to see for your flight ticket...?

That to me... makes 0 sense. It would be fantastic for my case though, haha.

So you're saying that people from countries where they would need to apply for visitor's visa
are the ones who must have PR CARD or PRTRD?

hmm...
Nothing was asked whatsoever. Flying home from LA , showed my passport to check in and the next words he said were enjoy your flight not a single explanation was needed. Reading online and this has happened to lots of people ...some very few people just say they are a visitor if they are asked but most are never asked like I was not. Only people who dont have a visa exempt passport need to get PRTD.

You have to look at it this way Air Canada or any airline cares only about non visa exempt because there is a chance they will be rejected at the border and the airline will have to fly them back to where they flew from. For visa exempt no matter if you dont have PR card the border guard cannot reject your entry as you are a permanent resident irrelevant of a card and even as a back up your a visitor you will be allowed in. So for an airline the risk is minimal. But for a non visa exempt person if they leave you on without copr ...the passenger could meet a border guard who doesnt not belive the copr and then they dont even have visitor status to fall back on so the risk there is huge for the airline.

Anyway basically in my opnion Visa exempt no need to worry however that may change in the fall with the ETA been introduced

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hegarty147 said:
Nothing was asked whatsoever. Flying home from LA , showed my passport to check in and the next words he said were enjoy your flight not a single explanation was needed. Reading online and this has happened to lots of people ...some very few people just say they are a visitor if they are asked but most are never asked like I was not. Only people who dont have a visa exempt passport need to get PRTD.

You have to look at it this way Air Canada or any airline cares only about non visa exempt because there is a chance they will be rejected at the border and the airline will have to fly them back to where they flew from. For visa exempt no matter if you dont have PR card the border guard cannot reject your entry as you are a permanent resident irrelevant of a card and even as a back up your a visitor you will be allowed in. So for an airline the risk is minimal. But for a non visa exempt person if they leave you on without copr ...the passenger could meet a border guard who doesnt not belive the copr and then they dont even have visitor status to fall back on so the risk there is huge for the airline.

Anyway basically in my opnion Visa exempt no need to worry however that may change in the fall with the ETA been introduced
Interesting...
I have no doubt you will get on the plane just fine, as I've never had any problem getting on the flight before (did not even have to show my visa, they never asked)

What I worry about is going through Immigration after you land in Canada.
There are two lines right? One for citizen and pr and one for temporary residents.

Which one did you line up on?
Did the CBSA agent give you any hard time?

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
Guys,

I have two passports (South American and European),while waiting for my PR Card, which I applied as a South American, I left the country 3 times. All of those times I re-entered Canada with my EU passport, showing the COPR, and was allowed to re-enter without any problems....the thing is that I travel too often and I don't want to get into troubles for this...

hussam_k

Oct 29, 2013
Amman, Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
22-05-2016
Hi guys,

I have landed at Toronto airport on 22-5-2016 and gave my address to the officer there. I have not received my PR card yet, but when I called CIC today it appeared that they sent the PR card to the wrong apartment number (different from what I gave them). The mail seems to be bounced back to CIC and the guy promised me to resend the mail to the correct address this time.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hussam_k said:
Hi guys,

I have landed at Toronto airport on 22-5-2016 and gave my address to the officer there. I have not received my PR card yet, but when I called CIC today it appeared that they sent the PR card to the wrong apartment number (different from what I gave them). The mail seems to be bounced back to CIC and the guy promised me to resend the mail to the correct address this time.
You shouldnt have waited till the delivery of pr card to verify the address. First week itself i verified my address to make sure they got the address correct and after 2 weeks to to ensure the same with some other agent. Good luck, hopefully they send now to correct address.

maxsteel

Jan 19, 2016
Hello everyone,
I got my PR card today. Please see my timeline below:
Date of landing: 6th July, 2016.
I was told at the airport that the processing time for the PR card will take 6 weeks to 2 months or even 3 months. I was not asked to resubmit photos.
PR card dispatched on 13th August, 2016.
PR card received on 17th August, 2016.
My PR card took 37 days (which agrees with the current processing time) to process and 3 business days to get to me after it was dispatched.
Number of days from landing to receiving PR card : 42

Thanks to everyone on this forum. You guys rock. Best wishes to all those still waiting.

Lynx80

May 4, 2016
Hi All, today we got 4 out of 5 PR cards in the mail, we landed July 5th and according to CPC call center agent all PR cards were issued and dispatched Aug 12th and they took 4 business days to arrive on Aug 17th, that's exactly the 37 days referenced in the cic processing time for our period.

Hopefully the 5th card arrives on Thursday 18th as the CPC agent mentioned all cards were issued without photo retake however I understood they could normally arrive separately.

Best of luck to all those still waiting for their cards.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My card too reached my ups post box yesterday 17th at SK.
Waiting for 2 more cards (hopefully today/tomorrow) as the call center agent told that all 3 were mailed out on 12th Aug.
Landed on 9th Jul at SK.
Need to get it shipped to US this week.
Luckily no photo requests for any of us.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engMostafa said:
hi

did any one submit his photo in Aug receive any update from CIC
I doubt they contact you to update status.
I called them yesterday, and they told me to call back late September.
I'll call as soon as the processing time reaches (Aug 8th + 37 days.)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
djshshajtm said:
I doubt they contact you to update status.
I called them yesterday, and they told me to call back late September.
I'll call as soon as the processing time reaches (Aug 8th + 37 days.)
I think its just a trick to get rid of us from the call. For some its coming sooner than another fresh waiting period hence call them after couple of weeks. Good luck, hopefully they dont put in fresh queue.

Henish

Feb 1, 2015
thanks bro. hopefully i should get mine soon. i am going to india on 28th sep.
Gain888 said:
Hi Henish

I have received my card yesterday. It was mailed out on August 10. I hope you get yours as well.
Thank you