+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

MFI_2014

Sep 18, 2014
harirajmohan said:
Hi, I heard that we dont get the email addressed specifically to the one for whom the photo should be sent for, its always addressed to applicant. This is the doubt for few i see in this/some other thread. Could you please tell if the email mentioned your kid's name or it was just implied that parents received the cards hence the request is for the kid?
Hi,

The letter addressed to my son.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djshshajtm said:
I've been waiting 3 months. + 7 days from the photo request.

I have to (must) attend a wedding and so I booked a airline ticket.
Will take my chances and do a PRTRD.
Worst, my passport is expiring soon, and I NEED pr card to extend it...
Hi ,

Did you try to call and check if they received your photo … or if there is any update in the file after submitting the photo ?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engMostafa said:
Hi ,

Did you try to call and check if they received your photo ... or if there is any update in the file after submitting the photo ?
No I did not, b/c they signed off the package via Canada post.
Frankly, I don't think they enjoy picked up calls from permanent residents.
Just waiting...

ECAS did not change, in fact, I am unable to look up my ECAS ever since I became a PR.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
djshshajtm said:
I've been waiting 3 months. + 7 days from the photo request.

I have to (must) attend a wedding and so I booked a airline ticket.
Will take my chances and do a PRTRD.
Worst, my passport is expiring soon, and I NEED pr card to extend it...
Passport: I thought the COPR would be enough to provide status.
But make sure you have 6 months of validity while returning back (not all countries allow you to pass through immigration with less than 6 months). Try to see if you can provide some other document to prove the status to get your passport renewed would be the first safe thing. Good luck.

engMostafa said:
The new processing time is 37 days

The more reduce on processing time = more reject for photo
I was also scared to see many posts on photo requests. As you posted reduced time, I tried my luck with call center to check the status and it seems all 3 cards were mailed out. Hopefully i will get it in 2 days.
Landed: 9th Jul
Cards mailed: 12th Aug

Still we need to depend on luck rather than process gives hard time for many of us. Good luck buddies.
Hopefully they rectify the photo processing issue in their system.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirajmohan said:
Passport: I thought the COPR would be enough to provide status.
But make sure you have 6 months of validity while returning back (not all countries allow you to pass through immigration with less than 6 months). Try to see if you can provide some other document to prove the status to get your passport renewed would be the first safe thing. Good luck.
I was also scared to see many posts on photo requests. As you posted reduced time, I tried my luck with call center to check the status and it seems all 3 cards were mailed out. Hopefully i will get it in 2 days.
Landed: 9th Jul
Cards mailed: 12th Aug

Still we need to depend on luck rather than process gives hard time for many of us. Good luck buddies.
Hopefully they rectify the photo processing issue in their system.
I asked many times and they do not allow COPR in placement of PR Cards.
They do not recognize COPR as an official document, at least for my country's consulate in Toronto.

My plan is to go back to my country, get my passport renewed (does not require PR Card), apply for PRTRD than return...all that in 2 weeks time.
Hopefully this is possible.

I'd better call up my consulate and explain my situation and hope they understand...

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
MubinSultan said:
Landed here on 16th May still waiting for PR Card
Call cic to ask status of ur pr card as most probably they will need ur new pics

Eng.elect

Feb 20, 2015
Hi there,

I just want to update you that I landed on 5th of July and I just called CIC and they told me that the PR cards are mailed on 11 August.
Hopefully I will get in 2-3 days.
Best of luck to all of you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Eng.elect said:
Hi there,

I just want to update you that I landed on 5th of July and I just called CIC and they told me that the PR cards are mailed on 11 August.
Hopefully I will get in 2-3 days.
Best of luck to all of you
Does it take a week to reach SK, any idea?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
djshshajtm said:
I asked many times and they do not allow COPR in placement of PR Cards.
They do not recognize COPR as an official document, at least for my country's consulate in Toronto.

My plan is to go back to my country, get my passport renewed (does not require PR Card), apply for PRTRD than return...all that in 2 weeks time.
Hopefully this is possible.

I'd better call up my consulate and explain my situation and hope they understand...
After your note, i started checking my Indian consulate site for passport renewal and it seems the same story. Dont know why they have troublesome process but it is what it is.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Landed May 28, got my PR card in mid-July. I called CIC to ask about my spouse's card and they said there's nothing wrong, he should have it by August 5. Called them August 8, they said they had sent him an email to take new photos. But he combed his junk mail and there was no email. so they "sent it again".

The email didn't mention his name, or UCI, etc. It just said "photo retake required" in the subject line, and then gave a link to the photo specs. Not sure why this email was different from others on the thread. Other ppl mentioned that the email said photo didn't meet specifications, which leads me to believe they may have lost his photo or messed it up somehow.

flying out of Canada for 2 weeks on October 1st... :(

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IrishinVan said:
Hi guys. Landed May 28, got my PR card in mid-July. I called CIC to ask about my spouse's card and they said there's nothing wrong, he should have it by August 5. Called them August 8, they said they had sent him an email to take new photos. But he combed his junk mail and there was no email. so they "sent it again".

The email didn't mention his name, or UCI, etc. It just said "photo retake required" in the subject line, and then gave a link to the photo specs. Not sure why this email was different from others on the thread. Other ppl mentioned that the email said photo didn't meet specifications, which leads me to believe they may have lost his photo or messed it up somehow.

flying out of Canada for 2 weeks on October 1st... :(
Flying out and coming back to Canada is no problem.
Just learn about PRTRD.

As for the photos request, I got a pdf stating a application number and the new specs.
The PDF states to include the printed PDF along with two photos in the mail.

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
I landed on June 10th and I'm still waiting for my PR card...I called today and I was told that on late July 2016 there was a problem with the machine that produced the cards...and so they couldn't do mine and they will produce it again on September 9th. Is this normal? There's people who landed on July and they already received their cards.