Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
you can send it from oustaside Canada and it has to be stamped from the back with the date and details.

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
MFI_2014 said:
Hi,

I landed on 14 May with my wife and son. PR card for me and my wife were received on 15 July but for my son i received a photo resubmission request on 11 August.

I want to know that is it must that the photo should be taken in Canada or we can send it from outside canada as well, as i am back to my home country. Secondly, please let me know is it necessary that the details of photograher should be stamped on the back of the photo or he can write it by hand.

Kindly reply as i need to send the photos ASAP.

Thanks.
He can either stamp or handwrite all the details with a pen. Only stickers are not allowed.

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
i landed on July 2 2016 and i am waiting for PR. after 45 days i haven't recieved PR yet. should i call CIC? what is their number to call from outside Canada?

Lynx80

May 4, 2016
I landed July 5th, still waiting, and I don't recommend calling them yet it's still within the normal waiting times on the cic website, let's hope we get it this week

paolo1967 said:
i landed on July 2 2016 and i am waiting for PR. after 45 days i haven't recieved PR yet. should i call CIC? what is their number to call from outside Canada?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
MFI_2014 said:
Hi,

I landed on 14 May with my wife and son. PR card for me and my wife were received on 15 July but for my son i received a photo resubmission request on 11 August.

I want to know that is it must that the photo should be taken in Canada or we can send it from outside canada as well, as i am back to my home country. Secondly, please let me know is it necessary that the details of photograher should be stamped on the back of the photo or he can write it by hand.

Kindly reply as i need to send the photos ASAP.

Thanks.
Hi, I heard that we dont get the email addressed specifically to the one for whom the photo should be sent for, its always addressed to applicant. This is the doubt for few i see in this/some other thread. Could you please tell if the email mentioned your kid's name or it was just implied that parents received the cards hence the request is for the kid?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Lynx80 said:
I landed July 5th, still waiting, and I don't recommend calling them yet it's still within the normal waiting times on the cic website, let's hope we get it this week
Do you think they might issue photo request if we call them? Same confusion for me too after seeing many photo requests after calling them. Some dont even get photo request but call center guys tell them to send the photo, dont know how reliable that information is without even getting an official request.
Thinking yours and paolo1967's card would have been in production already last week as Jun30th received the cards last week. Good luck.

Gain888

Apr 5, 2016
harirajmohan said:
Do you think they might issue photo request if we call them? Same confusion for me too after seeing many photo requests after calling them. Some dont even get photo request but call center guys tell them to send the photo, dont know how reliable that information is without even getting an official request.
Thinking yours and paolo1967's card would have been in production already last week as Jun30th received the cards last week. Good luck.

Just my opinion, I dont think so that would be the case.. As i have called them 3-4 times to know about my PR Card. I landed June 16. But they told me to wait nothing else, no photo request. Last week, when i called. Agent told me that your card is in production, i doubt that because she was kind of rude. I am just hoping to get it soon..

Henish

Feb 1, 2015
same here landed 15th jun, and being told card is in production. please post when you get you card
Gain888 said:
Just my opinion, I dont think so that would be the case.. As i have called them 3-4 times to know about my PR Card. I landed June 16. But they told me to wait nothing else, no photo request. Last week, when i called. Agent told me that your card is in production, i doubt that because she was kind of rude. I am just hoping to get it soon..

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed in February with a photo request in April.
Today the agent said the card has been in the "production stage" for too long and there is an error in production. So he sent a note to the office to enquire about the error.

How on earth Sydney office runs into an unknown error in producing a card, and does not even contact the applicant or fix it on their own is beyond me. And now all the agent said was I should wait for 90 days to see how it goes (everything at CIC is counted in increments of months).

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:
Landed in February with a photo request in April.
Today the agent said the card has been in the "production stage" for too long and there is an error in production. So he sent a note to the office to enquire about the error.

How on earth Sydney office runs into an unknown error in producing a card, and does not even contact the applicant or fix it on their own is beyond me. And now all the agent said was I should wait for 90 days to see how it goes (everything at CIC is counted in increments of months).
That's truly sad.
I mean, how complicated is card production...
It's probably the case where the guy who got a batch which includes your application messed up big time
or went off a long vacation or was fired and that batch was forgotten?

These kind of stories scare me...as I just sent in my photos.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djshshajtm said:
That's truly sad.
I mean, how complicated is card production...
It's probably the case where the guy who got a batch which includes your application messed up big time
or went off a long vacation or was fired and that batch was forgotten?

These kind of stories scare me...as I just sent in my photos.
It is really unfortunate that they have such an inefficient system where we cannot directly contact the responsible office. Every enquiry must be made through the call centre and what the agents typically do is kill time as much as they can. So if something goes wrong, like in my case, the applicant is made aware very late. For example, the card production stage is typically one or two weeks from what I hear from other users, but they did not take any action until my card was stuck in that stage for 6 weeks. Now they send a note and say call back in 3 months. So they drag the wait period to its maximum.

You will hopefully be fine with a bit of luck. The majority of cases do not take this long. I suggest you do not book any travel even if you think the trip is very far in the future. I landed in February and may miss my conference in September. That is about 7 months compared to the processing time of 40 days at the time. So do not make any travel plans, or otherwise you will be anxious throughout the wait period.

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
Eksler said:
Called CIC they said that I was sent a letter to resubmit photos. However it's been more than a week and I still haven't received that letter. Is it OK has anyone had that long delay?
Eksler ,

Did you receive email?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:
It is really unfortunate that they have such an inefficient system where we cannot directly contact the responsible office. Every enquiry must be made through the call centre and what the agents typically do is kill time as much as they can. So if something goes wrong, like in my case, the applicant is made aware very late. For example, the card production stage is typically one or two weeks from what I hear from other users, but they did not take any action until my card was stuck in that stage for 6 weeks. Now they send a note and say call back in 3 months. So they drag the wait period to its maximum.

You will hopefully be fine with a bit of luck. The majority of cases do not take this long. I suggest you do not book any travel even if you think the trip is very far in the future. I landed in February and may miss my conference in September. That is about 7 months compared to the processing time of 40 days at the time. So do not make any travel plans, or otherwise you will be anxious throughout the wait period.
I've been waiting 3 months. + 7 days from the photo request.

I have to (must) attend a wedding and so I booked a airline ticket.
Will take my chances and do a PRTRD.
Worst, my passport is expiring soon, and I NEED pr card to extend it...

mayank35

Mar 30, 2016
Landed on July 1st Canada day at Emerson Border (Near Winnipeg) Just received my PR card in mail today. :)
All the best to all of you who are waiting.
Signing out from the forum.
will visit time to time if i can help anyone. been amazing journey all of you made Waiting a little bit tolerable.
Peace