+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
Guys, those of you abroad, how did you resolve the issue with sending new photos to PO box? Do we also need to enclose imm 5455?
you can send your photo to the below address

Case Processing Centre -Permanent Resident Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
CANADA
B1P 5Z2

CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

and include a letter with all of your information like ( full name , date of birth , UCI , ect ) along with email of request.
best of luck.

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
engMostafa said:
you can send your photo to the below address

Case Processing Centre -Permanent Resident Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
CANADA
B1P 5Z2

CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

and include a letter with all of your information like ( full name , date of birth , UCI , ect ) along with email of request.
best of luck.

im in canada i assume there is no issue sending registered mail to a po box here

kadiemc82

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
NOA and T4 07-03-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT 24-03-2016
Med's Done....
RPRF request 26-04-2016
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
I landed on June 14, 2016 and received my PR card yesterday Aug 3rd. It is finally over. I can't even believe it. This forum has been soooo helpful and encouraging in times when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. All the best to everyone and thank you! !!

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
engMostafa said:
you will not get sign if you send it to Po.Box

[/quote

are you in canada ?....have you got ur pr card now after resubmitting ?

rebecca_lbk

Jan 18, 2016
Landed on Apr 30, 2016
Called CIC on Jul 22, 2016, told me my PR card hasn't mailed out yet, but there's nothing wrong..........and
Photo request on Aug 3, 2016............ :-X

I wore a necklace last time when I took picture, i guess that's why, maybe......

Jul 7, 2016
MySky said:
Mine has been 100 days since my photos were received and I have not received my card yet. It does not follow any order as Joolery pointed out. My only advice is do not book or plan a trip until you know you have your card.
Here is a re-direct for people who have a Visitor Visa but no PR Card, you CAN travel, me and my wife have done it and have written about the experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgenthave-to-leave-canada-for-two-weeks-dont-have-a-pr-card-indian-passport-t434665.0.html

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyrionLannister said:
Here is a re-direct for people who have a Visitor Visa but no PR Card, you CAN travel, me and my wife have done it and have written about the experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgenthave-to-leave-canada-for-two-weeks-dont-have-a-pr-card-indian-passport-t434665.0.html
Highly appreciated.
I am sure a lot of people will find this helpful.

It seems like there is a trend where people who landed April ~ June 10 are having problem with the photos, myself included.

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
My mom landed last year in December 15, 2015. On Abril, 2016 they sent her a letter asking to retake her pictures. We send them immediately after. We are August 04, 2016 today and no PR Card yet. We have talked to CIC multiple times and they only say "you have to wait since they cannot give estimates for this kind of scenarios (retake picture)". Back in March 2016 we booked tickets to go to my sister's wedding in September, 2016 since we thought. No way is going to take this long; but here we are now waiting and with the possibility that my mom won't be able to enter Canada since she might have to wait for the PR.

Just wanted to share my mom's case. There are people with over 230 days of waiting... and counting.

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
rebecca_lbk said:
Landed on Apr 30, 2016
Called CIC on Jul 22, 2016, told me my PR card hasn't mailed out yet, but there's nothing wrong..........and
Photo request on Aug 3, 2016............ :-X

I wore a necklace last time when I took picture, i guess that's why, maybe......
Same here. Landed in mid-April and called a couple of times in early July. Agent said nothing wrong just have to wait, today received new photos request ..... not sure how much more waiting it's gonna take.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvalerach said:
My mom landed last year in December 15, 2015. On Abril, 2016 they sent her a letter asking to retake her pictures. We send them immediately after. We are August 04, 2016 today and no PR Card yet. We have talked to CIC multiple times and they only say "you have to wait since they cannot give estimates for this kind of scenarios (retake picture)". Back in March 2016 we booked tickets to go to my sister's wedding in September, 2016 since we thought. No way is going to take this long; but here we are now waiting and with the possibility that my mom won't be able to enter Canada since she might have to wait for the PR.

Just wanted to share my mom's case. There are people with over 230 days of waiting... and counting.
Same here: photos submitted in April, although landed after your mom in February. They gave me the same nonsense too when I called before. A while ago one call agent refused to open my file using the logic that since there was no processing time for people with 'non-compliant' photos (see how they label it as if we have committed a crime!), he could not open my file. I asked what if I called you back in 5 years and my PR card was still not ready. Would you not be able to open my file then? He said no, I wouldn't; that's the procedure. I couldn't help but laughing on the phone.

Now, this is the level of inefficiency and nonsense that CIC is demonstrating! The question is why can they not have a processing time for our cases? Is it because CIC does not publish that publicly, so they can slack off and give them a low priority? Maybe.
The other scenario that came to me recently is they might be treating the envelopes with new photos as a PR renewal case. Since by opening the envelopes with a letter and 2 pictures there is no way of understanding whether the new photos are for a new immigrant or not, they might be sending them to that renewal wait line, which has a processing time of about 90 days now.

Obviously all speculations of mine. CIC's lack of transparency and inefficiency is phenomenal.

fvalerach

Aug 4, 2016
MySky said:
Same here: photos submitted in April, although landed after your mom in February. They gave me the same nonsense too when I called before. A while ago one call agent refused to open my file using the logic that since there was no processing time for people with 'non-compliant' photos (see how they label it as if we have committed a crime!), he could not open my file. I asked what if I called you back in 5 years and my PR card was still not ready. Would you not be able to open my file then? He said no, I wouldn't; that's the procedure. I couldn't help but laughing on the phone.

Now, this is the level of inefficiency and nonsense that CIC is demonstrating! The question is why can they not have a processing time for our cases? Is it because CIC does not publish that publicly, so they can slack off and give them a low priority? Maybe.
The other scenario that came to me recently is they might be treating the envelopes with new photos as a PR renewal case. Since by opening the envelopes with a letter and 2 pictures there is no way of understanding whether the new photos are for a new immigrant or not, they might be sending them to that renewal wait line, which has a processing time of about 90 days now.

Obviously all speculations of mine. CIC's lack of transparency and inefficiency is phenomenal.
That has to be the case for sure. I know someone that went through the same situation except they landed in March 2016 and got the "request for new photo" in May. He already got his PR Card. I am sure it is a matter of CIC just picking the envelops as they come so I am sure my mom's and yours is buried some where and it seems there is no reason for them to do this fast.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted for CoPR in Jan 2016. The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife who also has not received the PR Card? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to be submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

amop

Feb 28, 2014
I think you should call CIC call center 18882422100 and check with them . You need to send the letter received for photograph along with photos , icanada post has express delivery for this as well in Toronto I paid 17 dollars to track the new photos i sent as you do not want another letter saying they have not received it !

You can try shopper's drugmart for photos that what i did !! hope this helps !!!

nasha27 said:
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted for CoPR in Jan 2016. The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife who also has not received the PR Card? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to be submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

danielsue

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
hkcec said:
Same here. Landed in mid-April and called a couple of times in early July. Agent said nothing wrong just have to wait, today received new photos request ..... not sure how much more waiting it's gonna take.
Same here. Landed in May and today got the photo request email. My wife and I took the photo by photographer in London Drugs at the same time. She got her PR card last week. I am really not sure what is wrong with my photo.