+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

fsw_2014_2281

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Quink said:
Oh, and in answer to your question about resigning... you're a permanent resident from the moment you land, so you are free to work and study for any company or institution, and can live anywhere in Canada. The card is just the proof, but there's nothing preventing you from being allowed to do this. Resign with no fear!
@quink..did you receive aor mail for pr card for all family members or only the principal applicant... So one mail refers that the familys pr cards are all in process? Please clarify

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
fsw_2014_2281 said:
@quink..did you receive aor mail for pr card for all family members or only the principal applicant... So one mail refers that the familys pr cards are all in process? Please clarify
I was the only applicant; I did not immigrate with family. So I'm not sure what the answer to that question would be, sorry.

fsw_2014_2281

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Quink said:
I was the only applicant; I did not immigrate with family. So I'm not sure what the answer to that question would be, sorry.
Ok..no problem.. Someone who received it recently should be able to answer..@asjabs any idea?

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
fsw_2014_2281 said:
You should ask a s jabs he landed with his wife and 2 daughters

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:
Oh, and in answer to your question about resigning... you're a permanent resident from the moment you land, so you are free to work and study for any company or institution, and can live anywhere in Canada. The card is just the proof, but there's nothing preventing you from being allowed to do this. Resign with no fear!
I respectfully disagree.

Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
I respectfully disagree.

Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.
Do some people in the FSW class have a restriction listed in their CoPR? This page says the following:

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:
...live, work or study anywhere in Canada...

I think the intention to reside in a province other than Quebec is important right up to the point of actually landing. They can stop you from landing if they suspect you intend to go directly to Quebec. However once landed as a Permanent Resident, you are free to change your mind at some point in the future and move where you please.

On my CoPR under conditions it says "00: None". Given a PR can live "anywhere in Canada" and I have no restrictions, moving to Quebec should be absolutely fine, no?

(edit: fixed link)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:
Do some people in the FSW class have a restriction listed in their CoPR? This page says the following:

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:
...live, work or study anywhere in Canada...

I think the intention to reside in a province other than Quebec is important right up to the point of actually landing. They can stop you from landing if they suspect you intend to go directly to Quebec. However once landed as a Permanent Resident, you are free to change your mind at some point in the future and move where you please.

On my CoPR under conditions it says "00: None". Given a PR can live "anywhere in Canada" and I have no restrictions, moving to Quebec should be absolutely fine, no?
Technically speaking, after you land, the mobility rights guaranteed by the Charter kick in and since it has maximum legal power over any other act Section 6 will apply to any PR:

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

However, it is not guaranteed that CIC will take the breach of IRPA lightly when the immigrant applies for Citizenship or renewal of PRC. There have been many instances of rejection based on QC residence of FSW applicants who were unable to provide definitive proof of moving out of province after being granted PR status. Of course, you can sue them if this takes place, but it will incur legal fees amounting to around 3-6k and it will delay processing by several years.

So, no, I would strongly advise against moving to QC. But the final decision rests with each individual, of course.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
Technically speaking, after you land, the mobility rights guaranteed by the Charter kick in and since it has maximum legal power over any other act Section 6 will apply to any PR:

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

However, it is not guaranteed that CIC will take the breach of IRPA lightly when the immigrant applies for Citizenship or renewal of PRC. There have been many instances of rejection based on QC residence of FSW applicants who were unable to provide definitive proof of moving out of province after being granted PR status. Of course, you can sue them if this takes place, but it will incur legal fees amounting to around 3-6k and it will delay processing by several years.

So, no, I would strongly advise against moving to QC. But the final decision rests with each individual, of course.
That's interesting, I hadn't considered that. Right now I don't intend to move to Quebec but it's something to do further research into should that ever become an option.

I would imagine that having lived in BC for 4 months now (and still counting), if I moved to Quebec it would be easy to show that I "intended" to stay in BC when I landed, but my circumstances changed (unexpected job offer in Quebec for example). But definitely one for legal advice on just to make sure.

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
Quink said:
That's interesting, I hadn't considered that. Right now I don't intend to move to Quebec but it's something to do further research into should that ever become an option.

I would imagine that having lived in BC for 4 months now (and still counting), if I moved to Quebec it would be easy to show that I "intended" to stay in BC when I landed, but my circumstances changed (unexpected job offer in Quebec for example). But definitely one for legal advice on just to make sure.
You can come to quebec normally.
But fir example if you want to apply for the driving license you should have certificat de selection quebec or proof of residency in quebec such as phone or electricity bill.
Other than that they only ask for your Corp or pr card in your case

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
aeropostale89 said:
HI,
Is it necessary to be employed in canada to get a Travel Document while abroad ?
No. I am also planning a trip in february 27 and I landed in november 12.
I dont think i will get my pr by then.
I am planning to apply for prtd but do you think there is a chance to get the pr by then?

aeropostale89

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Fawzietrim said:
No. I am also planning a trip in february 27 and I landed in november 12.
I dont think i will get my pr by then.
I am planning to apply for prtd but do you think there is a chance to get the pr by then?
you have a good chance to get it by then