London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25th may 2015
LANDED..........
10th Oct 2015
crosscounter said:
I got my confirmation of PR on Sep 24, 2015 ("landed") and received my PR card on Jan 12, 2016 - it took 110 days.
Congrats bro....

Nov Applicant

Oct 4, 2015
06 NOV.2014 ON PNP PR APPLICANT
PPR- 21-DEC-2015
GOT PASSPORT Stamped BACK ON 15-JAN-2016, LANDED ON 15-JAN-2016!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT PLEASE :
I got any EMAIL on 16-Jan-2015 " Your application V#######has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information"

Is this mail regarding PR Card /PR Card Application # OR How to see the status of PR Card.
I have Indian Passport: I put this Application # in eTA. (Electronic Travel Authorization). I did not applied this. Even,. if i put this V... # with my paspport details, it said Application for eTA is closed and approved. Indian passport holder not need eTA.

Any idea what is this? or why it happened? Please

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov Applicant said:
06 NOV.2014 ON PNP PR APPLICANT
PPR- 21-DEC-2015
GOT PASSPORT Stamped BACK ON 15-JAN-2016, LANDED ON 15-JAN-2016!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT PLEASE :
I got any EMAIL on 16-Jan-2015 " Your application V#######has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information"

Is this mail regarding PR Card /PR Card Application # OR How to see the status of PR Card.
I have Indian Passport: I put this Application # in eTA. (Electronic Travel Authorization). I did not applied this. Even,. if i put this V... # with my paspport details, it said Application for eTA is closed and approved. Indian passport holder not need eTA.

Any idea what is this? or why it happened? Please
Have you ever applied for visitor visa?

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I landed on Vancouver on the 14th of October with my wife and daughter.
We haven't received our PR cards yet.
I received an email on 21st of Jan saying that they have received application for PR cards however only my wife's name is mentioned in it (she is not the primary applicant but I am).
Do they send separate emails for each member of the family or only one email for one file?
Also if its just one email per file, then has anyone else experienced that only name of one member of the family is written in it?
Please provide your inputs guys.

Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
max09 said:
Hi Guys

I landed on Vancouver on the 14th of October with my wife and daughter.
We haven't received our PR cards yet.
I received an email on 21st of Jan saying that they have received application for PR cards however only my wife's name is mentioned in it (she is not the primary applicant but I am).
Do they send separate emails for each member of the family or only one email for one file?
Also if its just one email per file, then has anyone else experienced that only name of one member of the family is written in it?
Please provide your inputs guys.

Thanks
Receiving AOR in the process of applying for first PRC has proved to be a very good sign. You can expect to receive your wife's card withing 10 days or so. Each PRC is mailed in its own envelope and it's processed as a separate file. So, this AOR is not indicative of the fact that other PRCs in your family will follow shortly. However, if there has not been a follow-up for new photographs from PRC-Sydney, you should expect your cards in the mailbox in the timelines posted on CIC website irrespective of whether you've received an AOR or not.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov Applicant said:
Hi i am in canada from last three years. At same home address in canada. I came with Student visa.
Applications for various visas in Canada are named in the following manner.

V....... (Where dots stand for digits) - visitor visa
S....... - student visa (not study permit)
E....... - economic class application for permanent residence

And so forth. If you have never applied for a visitor visa with your UCI, disregard it and inform question @ cic gc ca of the technical glitch.

sam_smr

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
Med's Request
09-02-12015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015 (3rd line updated & 3 PCCs, RPRF received by VO on 18-02-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-May-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-May-2015
LANDED..........
02-Oct-2015
HI guys, one question. I have landed in Halifax, Canada on 2nd Oct (around 114 days) and returned back after 10 days. Didn't receive PR cards yet. I plan to come back to Canada in the month of June'16. However, my passport is about to expire in July'16.
If I renew my passport now, will the COPRs stamped on my passport become invalid? If yes, what are the implications? Should I renew my passport now or wait for the PR cards to be received. I need to know this, as I need to resign from my existing company ASAP and without this clarity I cant resign.
Can somebody please help here.

Thanks in advance.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_smr said:
HI guys, one question. I have landed in Halifax, Canada on 2nd Oct (around 114 days) and returned back after 10 days. Didn't receive PR cards yet. I plan to come back to Canada in the month of June'16. However, my passport is about to expire in July'16.
If I renew my passport now, will the COPRs stamped on my passport become invalid? If yes, what are the implications? Should I renew my passport now or wait for the PR cards to be received. I need to know this, as I need to resign from my existing company ASAP and without this clarity I cant resign.

Thanks in advance.
If you have landed already your COPR remains valid. If there are changes on your end prior to landing you have to request a new COPR from the VO.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
sam_smr said:

Thanks in advance.
I think (but please double check this) that if you have a valid visa in an expired passport, you simply need to carry both passports. However this is not your scenario since you've already landed. Your CoPR should be the piece of paper that's stapled in, not the stamped visa that allowed you to land. You can just take the CoPR out and put it in your new passport when you get it.

Once you've got your PR Card I don't think you actually need to cary your CoPR around in your passport at all. The card is considered a legal document and should be all you need to carry.

But again, please double check these statements I just made. I did not actually reference what I said, although I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Oh, and in answer to your question about resigning... you're a permanent resident from the moment you land, so you are free to work and study for any company or institution, and can live anywhere in Canada. The card is just the proof, but there's nothing preventing you from being allowed to do this. Resign with no fear!