+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
etikala said:
but lot of fsw applicants landed before me are getting there cards not me .
It doesn't make sense. ALL PRC applications are processed under FIFO rule. FAM, SW, PNP - it doesn't matter.

etikala

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Then tell me sir what u want me to do Plz as I have to go my home next month it's beyond there processing days 45

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
etikala said:
Does any wrong in pr application affect pr card processing .because mine shows complete diplomatru
Call CIC.

They are the only official true source of what is going on - not this forum.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
For everyone's info:

I have to visit India by this weekend and I haven't received my PR card so I was planning to go there and apply for Travel Document. So on last Saturday I booked my tickets Calgary-London-Mumbai. Then my friend informed me that if I don't have a PR card (or a valid canadian/US visa), airlines won't let me board the flight to London.

Ofc I didnt believe him as I am an Indian citizen and I am going to India. So I went to the airport and inquired and was informed that the above is true. You cannot land in UK (even if you don't want to leave the airport) if you don't have valid Canada or US visa. So I had to cancel my tickets.

This all should apply to people with non visa exempt passports only

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
I just got off phone with a CIC agent. He said there is a 4 weeks delay right now so everyone should expect 45 days + 4 weeks. And refused to check my file since my file should be still under delay.

I insisted and explained him that its urgent and I have to leave asap so he checked my file and told me my card was mailed today and now it depends on canada post. I am not sure when will I get it. Hoping for the best.

PS: Last friday (11/13) was my 45th day.

kama421

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
This rule is for those who are heading towards US or Canada. If you are going India then I think you are good. But I think you did right better to avoid these connections.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
kama421 said:
This rule is for those who are heading towards US or Canada. If you are going India then I think you are good. But I think you did right better to avoid these connections.
Yes I thought the same. But that's not true. Doesn't matter where you are heading. If your airlines is from US or Canada going to UK, you still need a valid visa (of US/canada) which is stupid. My friend who informed me was sent back home last year by british airways since he didn't have pr card or any other Canada/US visa. He was an Indian citizen too going to India. And even I didn't trust him (Lol) so I went to the airport and talked to the Air Canada representative myself.

He also said that issues are only with UK. They will let you board if the flight is through germany or any other country.

kama421

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Thanks for the info. Try some middle east connections.
re Canada post. If card is coming from Sydney NS (I am not sure) then i think it is 10 business days.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
kama421 said:
Thanks for the info. Try some middle east connections.
re Canada post. If card is coming from Sydney NS (I am not sure) then i think it is 10 business days.
Where did you get this number? What kind of mail would take 10 days to be delivered within same country? Lol
Online on canadapost it says 4 days. Let's see
Thanks for your responses.... :)

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Guys, I just called CIC and the rep told me I'll have to wait until Dec 06, that's 3 weeks more than the announced 45 days. I landed in YVR on Sep 30.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Man, you're lucky. I'm still in queue for another 3 weeks.

vinaj said:
I just got off phone with a CIC agent. He said there is a 4 weeks delay right now so everyone should expect 45 days + 4 weeks. And refused to check my file since my file should be still under delay.

I insisted and explained him that its urgent and I have to leave asap so he checked my file and told me my card was mailed today and now it depends on canada post. I am not sure when will I get it. Hoping for the best.

PS: Last friday (11/13) was my 45th day.

kama421

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
vinaj said:
Where did you get this number? What kind of mail would take 10 days to be delivered within same country? Lol
Online on canadapost it says 4 days. Let's see
Thanks for your responses.... :)
[/quot

from customer rep at canada post office.