+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moksheeth7397 said:
This is incorrect. ECAS status nothing related to PR card.

For me, ECAS updated in the same week i landed. but PR card arrived for my family after 45 days(based on waiting period)
I second that. COMPLETE determines that you have landed and became permanent resident. It has nothing to do with PRC application.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear nofrills,

Good day. Thanks for your information. Yes I understand that they dont send PR cards to outside of Canada. What I mean is send to local Canada address which I was given to immigration officer when I landed first time.

Myat

nofrills said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

You are still within the processing times though - so no point in calling.

They do not send cards outside of Canada.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the likely hood of getting my PR card before the 45 days, What is the Average?

As it will be exactly 45 days from the day I landed to when I am going to Vacation, I really would like my PR Card before then!!

It has to come before December 12th!!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
What is the likely hood of getting my PR card before the 45 days, What is the Average?

As it will be exactly 45 days from the day I landed to when I am going to Vacation, I really would like my PR Card before then!!

It has to come before December 12th!!
Look at the average processing time and add ~2 weeks to account for the shipping times.

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
I just phoned cic and ask..she told me it was sent in mail last nov6.. It will take 2weeks..so hopefully i get it next week.. I landed in surrey..last sept 19.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Look at the average processing time and add ~2 weeks to account for the shipping times.
Are you serious...

I am expecting less than 45 days, I am currently inside of Canada It wont take 2 weeks to send.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
prentiss18 said:
I just phoned cic and ask..she told me it was sent in mail last nov6.. It will take 2weeks..so hopefully i get it next week.. I landed in surrey..last sept 19.
Congrats.. Thanks for sharing the info... :)

But you shd get it today or tomorrow...

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi vinaj,

which number did you call to CIC? I called many times to 1-800-242-2100, nobody pick up. Thanks and please let me know.

Myat

vinaj said:
Congrats.. Thanks for sharing the info... :)

But you shd get it today or tomorrow...

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
Dear All,

Happy to report that I got my PR Card in hand...I landed on 21st Sep at Toronto Airport, Card was printed on 2nd Nov, the Card was received at the CA- Address approx. 6th/ 7th Nov (so approx. 46 days); I got it forwarded to my home country (India) by DHL...Only just received it now, was waiting for the Card in-hand before posting here :p

A couple of additional points in case it helps->

a. The address I gave of a relative while landing had to be changed bcos my relative moved at short notice...So I changed my mailing address to an UPS Mailbox address using the 'Address Notification' tool on the website..The UPS Store received it smoothly and forwarded it to my address in India by express courier, as per my instructions...I was anxious about this but it worked like a charm..In case anyone else (without friend/family in CA) takes the same route

b. The status on Ecas changed to Complete the same week I landed, the address however was not updated...But I had called CIC and confirmed with them that they have my address on file so I wasn't worried...Around 6th November when I logged in to Ecas, the Canadian address was updated...So this may be an indication of impending PR Card processing

c. I never saw 'PR Card processing' status in Ecas like many members have reported...

Good luck and hope u get ur PRC soon!!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear arkscan,

Good day. Congrats for your PR Card. Which number did you call to CIC and around what time you call to CIC? I called many times to CIC number 1800-242-2100 and nobody pick up. Thanks and let me know.

Myat

arkscan said:
Dear All,

Happy to report that I got my PR Card in hand...I landed on 21st Sep at Toronto Airport, Card was printed on 2nd Nov, the Card was received at the CA- Address approx. 6th/ 7th Nov (so approx. 46 days); I got it forwarded to my home country (India) by DHL...Only just received it now, was waiting for the Card in-hand before posting here :p

A couple of additional points in case it helps->

a. The address I gave of a relative while landing had to be changed bcos my relative moved at short notice...So I changed my mailing address to an UPS Mailbox address using the 'Address Notification' tool on the website..The UPS Store received it smoothly and forwarded it to my address in India by express courier, as per my instructions...I was anxious about this but it worked like a charm..In case anyone else (without friend/family in CA) takes the same route

b. The status on Ecas changed to Complete the same week I landed, the address however was not updated...But I had called CIC and confirmed with them that they have my address on file so I wasn't worried...Around 6th November when I logged in to Ecas, the Canadian address was updated...So this may be an indication of impending PR Card processing

c. I never saw 'PR Card processing' status in Ecas like many members have reported...

Good luck and hope u get ur PRC soon!!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi folks,

I just called CIC call Center and waiting approximately 16 mins, one lady pick up and ask me some security questions.
Then I confirm Canada local address and she told me that the address is exactly same in their file although ECAS not yet update. She say no need to worry and our family PR cards will send out SOON. Hope can get PR cards smoothly. All the best for all of you PR cards.

Myat

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
myat said:
Hi folks,

I just called CIC call Center and waiting approximately 16 mins, one lady pick up and ask me some security questions.
Then I confirm Canada local address and she told me that the address is exactly same in their file although ECAS not yet update. She say no need to worry and our family PR cards will send out SOON. Hope can get PR cards smoothly. All the best for all of you PR cards.

Myat
Did she verify and say that your cards haven't been sent out yet?

Thanks for sharing

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
I called cic today and the agent told me my card is not even in process because of some internal problem and it will take another one month. She also said it is applicable for all. I don't know what the hell is going around. I also can't access my ecas online since two weeks. Made case specific complaint but cic hasnt resolved the problem yet.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
takhan said:
I called cic today and the agent told me my card is not even in process because of some internal problem and it will take another one month. She also said it is applicable for all. I don't know what the hell is going around. I also can't access my ecas online since two weeks. Made case specific complaint but cic hasnt resolved the problem yet.
Ohh that's very unfortunate. I need it by Thursday 19th

Not sure why you can't access your ecas. I can access it. Let's see if anyone reports receiving it.

Thanks for sharing the info