Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 27 oct
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
By the Grace of ALLAH I received all my PR Cards today. I got my Cards after 98 days of my landing.
Journey is over now.
Thanks to Allah.

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Gravity said:
I landed 8 weeks back . not yet received PR card . I have only one Q? what if the emergency situation arrives? I hv my niece wedding in USA . whole of my family/friends are there EXCEPT me. be coz I hv no PR Card. I have tears in my eyes . I canot leave ca. tried to email/calls CIC but no use.
If you want to come back by air you should get a travel document from one of Canada embassy or cons

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
loklokbebe said:
Is it true that you can travel by air without problems if you are from visa exempt country ?
No, I don't think so. I'm from a visa exempt country and I don't think it's any different for us flying with no PR card.

We probably very well could enter Canada as a "visitor" by flying with no PR card, but that could look quite suspicious to the agents if you have a Confirmation of PR document stapled in your passport while coming in as a "visitor"...

I need to leave Canada next month and I'm still waiting for my PR card, so I am planning to drive back in to Canada over the border from the USA where only a COPR document is needed. It should be trouble-free from what I've heard from people here that have done that same thing.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
though its not relevant to this thread, but just for everyones update:

I landed on 25th of April and applied for my health card on 2nd week of May. Yesterday we (mine and my spouse) received our health card. which took less than 90 days.

However I am still waiting for my PR card.

Thanks.

Zico85

Jun 30, 2015
ashikn said:

I landed on 25th of April and applied for my health card on 2nd week of May. Yesterday we (mine and my spouse) received our health card. which took less than 90 days.

Thanks.
Try to call CIC and ask them.You may have a good luck with cooprative agent .

saj7923

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
faisal83 said:
By the Grace of ALLAH I received all my PR Cards today. I got my Cards after 98 days of my landing.
Journey is over now.
Thanks to Allah.
faisal bhai bu r here to. hehe i m saj 7923 i still did not receive my pr card remember when we were waiting our pp

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
ashikn said:

Thanks.
Can you please share , what types of documents you had to provide to get the health card?

lydiabehan

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
I've been waiting 60 days for my card now - sounds like I still have quite a while to wait though :(

For those asking about travelling without a PR card, I went through Pearson last month with no issues (I'm visa exempt). I went through the visitor channel rather than the PR/Citizen channel, showed my CoPR and told them I was waiting on the card but they honestly didn't seem to care.

The only place you may have an issue is at the originating country if they check your documents (in which case you could show your work permit if it's still within date, or else say you're travelling as a tourist)

07YUSO

Jun 9, 2015
lydiabehan said:
I've been waiting 60 days for my card now - sounds like I still have quite a while to wait though :(

For those asking about travelling without a PR card, I went through Pearson last month with no issues (I'm visa exempt). I went through the visitor channel rather than the PR/Citizen channel, showed my CoPR and told them I was waiting on the card but they honestly didn't seem to care.

The only place you may have an issue is at the originating country if they check your documents (in which case you could show your work permit if it's still within date, or else say you're travelling as a tourist)
This is incredibly useful information. Thank you for sharing and I hope to do the same in about two months.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
takhan said:
Can you please share , what types of documents you had to provide to get the health card?
It depends on the Province you live in and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
lydiabehan said:

That's good to know... I hadn't heard of anyone doing that. You were lucky for sure! :)

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
As per some Canadian Immigration Lawyers, it should not be a problem to get through Canadian Border Agents without PR card if you are from visa-exempt country, able to board commercial vehicle, and have no problems with residency obligations.

http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigrate/traveling-without-a-permanent-residence-card/
canadianimmigrant.ca/settling-in-canada/pr-card-myths-2
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/Permanent-resident-cards

It is possible for some permanent residents to travel without a PR card and return to Canada, however, not without some risks.

First, here are some basic truths.

Firstly, it is not a legal requirement for a permanent resident to maintain a valid PR card anymore than it is for a Canadian citizen to maintain a valid Canadian passport.

Both documents are evidence of a person’s status in Canada but their absence does not compromise, at all, that status. For example, if my dog Mia, ate my valid Canadian passport, I would still be a Canadian citizen even if I couldn’t produce my passport. Same thing with permanent residents. They are still permanent residents even if they are not in possession of a PR card. No doubt, a PR card is the best evidence of that status.

Secondly, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can leave Canada anytime with or without a passport or PR Card. No law prohibits it. Any problems are associated with returning to Canada.

Thirdly, a permanent resident is required to have a PR card when he/she returns to Canada. However, his/her failure to do so will not constitute an offence under our immigration laws.

Fourthly, if a Canadian permanent resident finds themselves outside of Canada without a PR card they can always apply for a permanent resident travel document at a Canadian visa post outside of Canada.

If for some reason they can’t get one, they may nonetheless be able to return to Canada. No doubt, problems may arise when taking this approach, but it is certainly possible.

Transportation companies are required to ensure that a person travelling to Canada has the appropriate documentation for that entry. If they don’t, the carrier will deny them boarding since our Federal government can hold them responsible for transporting someone who may be denied entry to Canada.

For permanent residents who are from countries whose citizens require a visitor’s visa to come to Canada, (i.e. China, India, Pakistan) they shouldn’t even consider travelling without a PR card unless they are willing to apply abroad for a permanent resident travel document since they will surely be denied boarding on their return trip unless they have proper documentation.

On the other hand, those permanent residents who are from visa-exempt countries (i.e. US, UK, Mexico) might be able to return without a PR card with minimal difficulty.

Although airline representatives are supposed to insist on a PR card if a traveller claims to be a permanent resident of Canada, they seldom ask when they are presented with a passport from a visa-exempt country.

Upon arrival in Canada, the permanent resident travelling without a PR card has the burden of proving his PR status in Canada and will have to do so without the “best” evidence of this status. However, he/she will almost always have other evidence of this status in some form or another. CBSA officials will examine him/her upon arrival here and will undoubtedly check their computer system to confirm the claimed status. They will probably chide the traveller for travelling without their PR card, but no laws will have been broken by the traveller.

Admittedly, this not an ideal situation, but neither is the deeply personal decision occasionally faced by permanent residents with family abroad whose status document expires every five years.

maisonderik1

Aug 19, 2014
natk said:
No, I don't think so. I'm from a visa exempt country and I don't think it's any different for us flying with no PR card.

We probably very well could enter Canada as a "visitor" by flying with no PR card, but that could look quite suspicious to the agents if you have a Confirmation of PR document stapled in your passport while coming in as a "visitor"...

I need to leave Canada next month and I'm still waiting for my PR card, so I am planning to drive back in to Canada over the border from the USA where only a COPR document is needed. It should be trouble-free from what I've heard from people here that have done that same thing.
Yes!! If you are from a Visa Exempt country you can return by commercial air without your PR Card. I just returned yesterday from the USA after a 5 day visit and I had still not received my PR Card. When I approached customs they asked what my status was. I told them I am a PR and she asked for my card. I told her I did not have it because it takes like 8 months to receive it now. I also informed her that when I did my landing originally that the customs official informed me that my status is linked to my passport and that I could travel without having a card because I am from a visa exempt country (USA). She looked at the computer and told me I was correct and welcome back to Canada. Thats all. So, YES you can travel without a PR any way you want. AS LONG AS YOU ARE VISA EXEMPT.

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
maisonderik1 said:
Yes!! If you are from a Visa Exempt country you can return by commercial air without your PR Card. I just returned yesterday from the USA after a 5 day visit and I had still not received my PR Card. When I approached customs they asked what my status was. I told them I am a PR and she asked for my card. I told her I did not have it because it takes like 8 months to receive it now. I also informed her that when I did my landing originally that the customs official informed me that my status is linked to my passport and that I could travel without having a card because I am from a visa exempt country (USA). She looked at the computer and told me I was correct and welcome back to Canada. Thats all. So, YES you can travel without a PR any way you want. AS LONG AS YOU ARE VISA EXEMPT.
That's really awesome news to hear! :)