+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Thank you nov1061. I'm on vacation and will have to land at the airport so I don't have a choice of landing at their office. Idk how I'll get it corrected if I land at the airport.

nov1061 said:
Hi,
you don't need to do anything. It's a common mistake. You can land without any problem. Many applicants have the incorrect original date of entry on their CoPR. The CIC have your correct dates in their database anyway. If you choose to land in a CIC office this mistake can be corrected there though.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Octanu said:
Thank you nov1061. I'm on vacation and will have to land at the airport so I don't have a choice of landing at their office. Idk how I'll get it corrected if I land at the airport.
Not sure how it works . I landed at Niagara last week and officer himself corrected entry date without asking me for all of us. He took more than 1 Hr for all of us (for me and my dependent CoPR) . God Knows what he was looking and searching in system may be our all records are correct or not .... :p :p ;D ;D
finally when he called us he corrected all date and informed me that their was mistake and he corrected that .
So in my view it depend on officer to officer

Well as per I know this date has not much value .CIC do have all you record

Good luck

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
ttrajan said:
Congrats. Hope the rule will not change after 4 years?
If it does change, I hope it is in our advantage ;D

frost98

May 13, 2014
Hi,

PR has been granted. Me and wife are planning to go toronto in the coming months for a short visit and also validate our PR. However, we do not have a mailing address for the PR card. Is there any lawyer/consultant services which we can hire to receive the PR card on our behalf and mail it to our current country?

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Hi guys,
If I flag pole and land at Niagara without a US Visa does it mean that I have been refused entry to US? more importantly should I check "Have you ever refused entry to US" in the application forms going forward? I am planning to apply visit visa after landing. thanks.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
pvr said:
Hi guys,
If I flag pole and land at Niagara without a US Visa does it mean that I have been refused entry to US? more importantly should I check "Have you ever refused entry to US" in the application forms going forward? I am planning to apply visit visa after landing. thanks.
No, both are not same. One you get at the time of flag pole is call Administrative refusal. Administrative refusal has no impact on your US visa application at later stage as it is not a rejection.

"Have you ever refused entry to US" in the application forms should be answered "NO".

Do not apply for US visa just for landing purpose as if you give them that reason chances are they might reject your application telling that you don't need US visa in order to complete your landing and that will be a rejection which you will have to mention at the time of applying US visa at later stage. It happened with my friend so I know it.

drRani

May 7, 2015
Hi! My family an I arrived on the 27th of March. I did not know there was a webpage that predicts my PR card arrival time. Im assuming its between 35 to 43 days cause someone here arrived on the 29th of march and checked the spreadsheet which stated 35 days. We are still waiting it'll be 6 weeks tomoro... fingers crossed. ::)

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Goku said:
No, both are not same. One you get at the time of flag pole is call Administrative refusal. Administrative refusal has no impact on your US visa application at later stage as it is not a rejection.

"Have you ever refused entry to US" in the application forms should be answered "NO".

Do not apply for US visa just for landing purpose as if you give them that reason chances are they might reject your application telling that you don't need US visa in order to complete your landing and that will be a rejection which you will have to mention at the time of applying US visa at later stage. It happened with my friend so I know it.
Thanks Goku for the info.. :) can I apply US visa after landing but before receiving the PR card?

Neha05

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Hello friends,
I m also expecting my pr card. Those who have received their pr cards, i want to ask them if our ecas also get updated before receiving the pr card. I would really appreciate ur reply.

Thanks

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
To hell with a PR Card, we are just trying to get PR at present!!!!

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
frost98 said:
Hi,

PR has been granted. Me and wife are planning to go toronto in the coming months for a short visit and also validate our PR. However, we do not have a mailing address for the PR card. Is there any lawyer/consultant services which we can hire to receive the PR card on our behalf and mail it to our current country?

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks
If you have any friend or family in Canada. You can use their mailing address for the PR Card.

Canada_2010

May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
Med's Request
02-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
12-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-03-2015
Hello All,

I got my wife's PR Card today but I have not received Mine (Primary applicant). Is it normal ?

dangerjag

Jan 22, 2015
Hey guys I landed on 28 th March 2015 but haven't received my PR card yet . Please advise if any body received there card similar to my timeline.

Thanks in advance.

frost98

May 13, 2014
arorkama said:
If you have any friend or family in Canada. You can use their mailing address for the PR Card.
We have no friends or family in Canada... Has anyone use consultant/lawyer service to receive PR card?