+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
Johnboy said:
As I mentioned a few posts ago, my PR Card was delivered by Canada Post in an envelope clearly marked that it MUST NOT be forwarded.
So unless you think that the postman will ignore this, or you have someone who will forward the mail for you, then I strongly suggest you contact CIC and update your address with them
ditto

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
john123ui said:
hello everyone, need some suggestions: i landed on 29th Nov and booked my tickets to travel out of the country on Mid Feb. Do you guys think that i should be worried based on teh current trend inlcluding upcoming holiday seasons?

do you think a copy of my plans including tickets to CIC will help expecite the process?

please advise as re-planning any travel plans with 3 kids and a spouse is a nightmare.
Depends how lucky you think you are going to be at the CIC lottery.

If I were you I would delay the trip, alternatively you can book a trip that you can cancel, something like pay more upfront but be sure you can cancel and recover as much money as possible.
Given my experience, I don't see how you will get your PR cards in such a short period of time but who knows...

it has now been 5 months since I landed and still waiting for my wife's card after having received mine first (55days after landing), my kids' (75 days after landing).

Hope you can get yours shortly

rcbolio

Nov 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have received my COPR and immigrant visa. Now I have not landed yet, and I would like so advise from people waiting for their PR card. I have to travel mid January. This trip can't be postponed or cancelled, so I were to land over the next few days, do you think I would get my card in time based on the current trends? Should I just wait and do my landing when I come back from my trip at the end of January? Are there any disadvantages to that?

I am so excited I got my COPR and I wanted to land asap but just need advise. Also I know I can come back to Canada by private vehicle, but I don't drive, so I need to fly in.

Thanks

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
rcbolio said:
Hello everyone,

I have received my COPR and immigrant visa. Now I have not landed yet, and I would like so advise from people waiting for their PR card. I have to travel mid January. This trip can't be postponed or cancelled, so I were to land over the next few days, do you think I would get my card in time based on the current trends? Should I just wait and do my landing when I come back from my trip at the end of January? Are there any disadvantages to that?

I am so excited I got my COPR and I wanted to land asap but just need advise. Also I know I can come back to Canada by private vehicle, but I don't drive, so I need to fly in.

Thanks

buddy if i was u, i wud have not done the landing before my trip in january..

if u cant postpone ur trip then just fly wherever u r going and do landing on ur return as log as ur immigrant visa is valid till end of january

there seems no chance that if u do landing today u will get ur pr card by jan mid

hope that helps

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
rcbolio said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Better is you wait and do landing once you are back from India .

rcbolio

Nov 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your advise. My visa is valid until sep 2015, so I will do my landing when I come back from my trip in January.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

madman

Star Member
Sep 2, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Hi guys,

when you landed in Canada, you just provided the Canadian address where you are going to live I. right?

did your ecas show both the Canadian address and the original mailing address you used when you applied for FSW?

is it necessary to have the mailing address column, in the ecas, to be similar to the Canadian address?

thanks

fox_moe

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Nomination.....
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
02-12-2014
Hello everyone.

Is there any need to apply for PR card , or does the processing start as soon as you land? I know it takes 8-12 weeks.

thanks for any replies.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
fox_moe said:
Hello everyone.

Is there any need to apply for PR card , or does the processing start as soon as you land? I know it takes 8-12 weeks.

thanks for any replies.
Its start of its own as soon you land.

john123ui

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
borisnet said:
Depends how lucky you think you are going to be at the CIC lottery.

If I were you I would delay the trip, alternatively you can book a trip that you can cancel, something like pay more upfront but be sure you can cancel and recover as much money as possible.
Given my experience, I don't see how you will get your PR cards in such a short period of time but who knows...

it has now been 5 months since I landed and still waiting for my wife's card after having received mine first (55days after landing), my kids' (75 days after landing).

Hope you can get yours shortly
so far, i had no luck at OLG Slot machines.. not sure about CIC. thanks for your response borisnet.
I am getting worried.

can i send an email and ask them to expedite my case? I can attach a copy of the tickets..
do you think that will be helpful? Also, what is the website to check the status of PR card after you have completed your landing formalities.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Any updates on PR cards?

g.mumbai

Oct 28, 2014
Status changed to "Complete" today. Landed Nov 1 and was in progress since 17 Nov. Hope to see cards soon in mailbox.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
g.mumbai said:
Status changed to "Complete" today. Landed Nov 1 and was in progress since 17 Nov. Hope to see cards soon in mailbox.
Wow lucky you.. I landed on 29th October. Still in progress since 12th November. When did it change? I mean what time?

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Anyone else got their status for PR cards updated to complete?

john123ui

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
is it the same link or a different link to check the stataus of PR card? Meaning, after Landing CIC mark the status as "Complete". Does it mean they re-open once PR card processing starts and goes through 2 stages In Progress (2-3 week after landing) -> Complete (same 2-3 weeks)..

Did i miss anything?