07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ttrajan said:
Is it valid for 5 years from date of issue or it is linked to passport expiry?
I don't think it has anything to do with passport expiry date.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
ttrajan said:
Is it valid for 5 years from date of issue or it is linked to passport expiry?
Its valid for next 5 years. until 2019... No link to passport expiry date.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
ZingyDNA said:
So the 21 days don't include the time you are in the queue.. It only starts counting when they start processing your card application.
Thats what I think... PR Card processing timelines states the time applies if you have provided a mailing address...
I had called CIC call center last week to enquire about my PR card and the agent asked if I had provided my home address while landing, then the lady said they got my home address on 30th June, which is the date the home address window was updated in ECAS for me.... corelating that with processing time of 21 days I was expecting my cards to be processed by 21st July which is the case. Hope it makes sense....

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
no190 said:
“there are thousands of immigrants who leave Canada before receiving PR card”

Don' extrapolate this blindly because you did it or somebody else that you know did it. Looking at the big picture, this situation might be negligible to CIC.

It is a risk to go back to where you moved from without receiving the PR card, regardless what reasons you have. You did it, you are gonna take this risk.
Agree, i might be wrong in estimating the number of people who leave Canada before receiving PR card but CIC do know this fact and therefore there should be a provision for such immigrants that they can provide photographs through their representative instead of rushing back to Canada only for submitting photographs.

Cooper_H

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
mawin said:
For my case. I called cic last week regarding new PR card. Cic told me that local cic will contact me. I check my ecas today and shows that PR card has started processing on July 22. Local cic haven't contact me yet. Let's see what happen next
How to check ECAS status?

I landed on 17 May, 2014 and still waiting for PR card.

The status in my CIC account is:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 21, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Woodstock New Brunswick office on May 17, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Does this account show the step for "start processing" ?

thanks!

thorin

Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 14, 2013
Med's Request
April 16,2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
received my pr card today(july25th). Landed on may 29th in BC.

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
Today I went to Vancouver office. I didn't take pics with me. They have there facility to take pics and it is without any cost. They print snaps instantly and filled a form. Then they verify detail on my COPR and from me.

I also asked about my wife's card. They told that her card is printed and mailed to our address. Hopefully we will receive that in a couple of days.

Now wait begins for my card. Hope will get very soon.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
What is cic contact number and email I'd for pr card enquiry?

eva0521

Jul 26, 2014
Hi, I just had a rare problem with my PR Card. I landed on May 10 and on July 25 when I called CIC they told me that my pictures are not in the right size or other problem (But I am 100% sure that I submitted the right size photos)and I need to submit the Biodata form. Which means I need to provide supplementary documents. That is weired cuz in my PPR Email, I was not asked to sumbit this form and pictures. They said they will mail the dio data form to my home address (Why not email?). I think that maybe CIC changed their process to issue PR Cards. They said Does anyone face the same issue? I am so worried.
By the way, I cannot check my PR Card Status in ECAS STATUS.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eva0521 said:
Hi, I just had a rare problem with my PR Card. I landed on May 10 and on July 25 when I called CIC they told me that my pictures are not in the right size or other problem (But I am 100% sure that I submitted the right size photos)and I need to submit the Biodata form. Which means I need to provide supplementary documents. That is weired cuz in my PPR Email, I was not asked to sumbit this form and pictures. They said they will mail the dio data form to my home address (Why not email?). I think that maybe CIC changed their process to issue PR Cards. They said Does anyone face the same issue? I am so worried.
Pls check few recent posts on this topic. You will find who landed @ rainbow/peace on 10-may, have not get PR CARD yet. Who called the cic got the same answer as yours about photo and form.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
eva0521 said:
Hi Eva,

What i understand when reading thousands if postings about PR is that once you become a landed immigrant your status can't be revoked unless you commit serious crime. So i believe you need not to worry.

Not sure what is bio data form, pls explain.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
karamatnajeeb said:
Hi Eva,

What i understand when reading thousands if postings about PR is that once you become a landed immigrant your status can't be revoked unless you commit serious crime. So i believe you need not to worry.

That and if one doesn't meet the residency obligation (RO).

no190

Dec 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karamatnajeeb said:
Hi Eva,

This is the bio data form
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24404541/BIODATA_fillable.pdf

AVA2014

Jul 26, 2014
I landed on 27 June and I'm waiting for my PR Card. I hope to receive it these days, according to the new processing time 21 days. :) Am I very optimist?

pandyalakulish

Star Member
Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,

I landed at Toronto airport on 16th July. My ecas status has been updated with completed status. Pls. add me on xls sheet.

Thanks
Lakulish