+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
demara said:
1) by regular mail, but you can call CIC call centre and ask if such letter was sent out. They usually tell you if this happened.
2) If you change your address, you need to call CIC call centre and change the address over the phone. There might be some complications - if your PR card is in process they may ignore new address and send to the old one, or your processing time may go to starting point (they may tell you that in this case it will take more time to process the card). If i were you i would call them now and check what address they have on file. It can even be different from what you provided on the border. They had the address of my lawyer that was used for work permit issues, even though whole immigration was done by myself only.

good luck!
demara, I was in a similar situation as yours where CIC had my lawyers address on file instead of my address even if I applied for PR myself. It was the lawyer who applied for my Wp in the past. I got it changed.

did you get your card?

demara

Mar 26, 2013
ceclmo777 said:
demara, I was in a similar situation as yours where CIC had my lawyers address on file instead of my address even if I applied for PR myself. It was the lawyer who applied for my Wp in the past. I got it changed.

did you get your card?
No i didnt, landed Oct 6, CIC call centre lies all the time, had to cancel my flight on Dec 20th, lost a lot of money...

mycecpr

Dec 16, 2013
demara said:
1) by regular mail, but you can call CIC call centre and ask if such letter was sent out. They usually tell you if this happened.
2) If you change your address, you need to call CIC call centre and change the address over the phone. There might be some complications - if your PR card is in process they may ignore new address and send to the old one, or your processing time may go to starting point (they may tell you that in this case it will take more time to process the card). If i were you i would call them now and check what address they have on file. It can even be different from what you provided on the border. They had the address of my lawyer that was used for work permit issues, even though whole immigration was done by myself only.

good luck!

Thanks Demara. I will call CIC and check.

Pangit

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 06, 2013
Med's Request
First med June 06,2012 ( all members of family) second medical May 14,2013 only kids in the Phil.
Med's Done....
First medical done June 20, 2012 ( all family) second medical MAy 30, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
Is there anybody apply for travel document for Permanent Residence?
Particular in the Philippines? This is also my option if the the waiting
Time for PR card get more worse! Need your expertise.

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
Please check the link below for Philippines Visa Office. Each oversea visa office has different processing time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Pangit said:
Is there anybody apply for travel document for Permanent Residence?
Particular in the Philippines? This is also my option if the the waiting
Time for PR card get more worse! Need your expertise.

Pangit

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 06, 2013
Med's Request
First med June 06,2012 ( all members of family) second medical May 14,2013 only kids in the Phil.
Med's Done....
First medical done June 20, 2012 ( all family) second medical MAy 30, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
Please check the link below for Philippines Visa Office. Each oversea visa office has different processing time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Thanks! I got this info already,
Anybody here try to apply and get approved?
Just curious how it goes?

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
Guys, one more question about travel without PR card. I know we cannot travel through London with out PR Card. Can we travel through US if we have a valid US visa? Do they still check the PR Card in Canada for transit? I couldnt get flights to india at all with out these transit locations. please suggest.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
cec4111 said:
Guys, one more question about travel without PR card. I know we cannot travel through London with out PR Card. Can we travel through US if we have a valid US visa? Do they still check the PR Card in Canada for transit? I couldnt get flights to india at all with out these transit locations. please suggest.
Did you check with british airways if they will allow you to transit via London without a PR card but with a valid US visa?

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
ceclmo777 said:
Did you check with british airways if they will allow you to transit via London without a PR card but with a valid US visa?
British Airways has no clue, i called them and each time i got different answers. I spoke to UK Immigration in Terminal 5 in Heathrow. They said they would accept US visa if I had travelled to US in last 6 months. I dint travel to US in a year. When are you flying and which transit?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
cec4111 said:
British Airways has no clue, i called them and each time i got different answers. I spoke to UK Immigration in Terminal 5 in Heathrow. They said they would accept US visa if I had travelled to US in last 6 months. I dint travel to US in a year. When are you flying and which transit?
When UK immigration authorities referred to travel to US, did they mean you had to travel by flight or even by road is fine?

I travelled to US by road 3 times in the past 6 months and my travel to India is via london next week...

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
Dear folks,
Any news for pr card today

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
taosu said:
Sent an email to CIC requesting for urgent processing. Got rejected. The person said I should contact CIC call centre. WTF! I have been calling them for 3 weeks and the call centre can do nothing! I clearly stated that in the email!!!

Send another request today. So angry about this. Every single step of this process is delayed!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Called them again. This time the agent said my application is "not incomplete", they are just doing "additional verification" of my case and this could take weeks to months. All 3 previous agents said that the officer at my landing post made a mistake on the forms which caused the delay! None of the 4 agents I called can provide an estimated time for when the "verification" can be completed!

Extremely angry! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have travel coming up in Jan to China and in Feb to US, both on planes. I don't want to apply for a Travel Doc as that could take weeks and both trips are short trips.

To board the plane, I am thinking of using my work permit and work visa which are still valid on my passport. Once I arrive at a Canadian airport, they should let me in without issues. Anyone tried this before?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
taosu said:
Called them again. This time the agent said my application is "not incomplete", they are just doing "additional verification" of my case and this could take weeks to months. All 3 previous agents said that the officer at my landing post made a mistake on the forms which caused the delay! None of the 4 agents I called can provide an estimated time for when the "verification" can be completed!

Extremely angry! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have travel coming up in Jan to China and in Feb to US, both on planes. I don't want to apply for a Travel Doc as that could take weeks and both trips are short trips.

To board the plane, I am thinking of using my work permit and work visa which are still valid on my passport. Once I arrive at a Canadian airport, they should let me in without issues. Anyone tried this before?
Dont even think of using your work VISA to enter canada. Those visas are all void the moment you are a PR. The only way you have now is to travel via US to China and then re-enter Canada by road.