Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Please tell me: Where did you land? I'm planning to land at Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.

I really hope you get your card soon. Also, I dont want to go to the CBSA office where you landed :) I know it is just one of the officers mistake, I just dont want to take chances !

taosu said:
Called them again. This time the agent said my application is "not incomplete", they are just doing "additional verification" of my case and this could take weeks to months. All 3 previous agents said that the officer at my landing post made a mistake on the forms which caused the delay! None of the 4 agents I called can provide an estimated time for when the "verification" can be completed!

Extremely angry! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have travel coming up in Jan to China and in Feb to US, both on planes. I don't want to apply for a Travel Doc as that could take weeks and both trips are short trips.

To board the plane, I am thinking of using my work permit and work visa which are still valid on my passport. Once I arrive at a Canadian airport, they should let me in without issues. Anyone tried this before?

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
ceclmo777 said:
Dont even think of using your work VISA to enter canada. Those visas are all void the moment you are a PR. The only way you have now is to travel via US to China and then re-enter Canada by road.
No I mean using the visas to board the plane and enter Canada using my CoPR. When I land, the officer said: "as long as you can get to the boarder, they'll let you in". But getting on a plane without a PR card can be problematic. That's why you can enter by land. Am I understanding this correctly?

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
eds1275 said:
Please tell me: Where did you land? I'm planning to land at Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.

I really hope you get your card soon. Also, I dont want to go to the CBSA office where you landed :) I know it is just one of the officers mistake, I just dont want to take chances !
I am in Vancouver.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
taosu said:
No I mean using the visas to board the plane and enter Canada using my CoPR. When I land, the officer said: "as long as you can get to the boarder, they'll let you in". But getting on a plane without a PR card can be problematic. That's why you can enter by land. Am I understanding this correctly?
You should be boarding a plane flying to USA and not Canada.Once you land in USA, you drive by road to Canada.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taosu said:
Called them again. This time the agent said my application is "not incomplete", they are just doing "additional verification" of my case and this could take weeks to months. All 3 previous agents said that the officer at my landing post made a mistake on the forms which caused the delay! None of the 4 agents I called can provide an estimated time for when the "verification" can be completed!

Extremely angry! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have travel coming up in Jan to China and in Feb to US, both on planes. I don't want to apply for a Travel Doc as that could take weeks and both trips are short trips.

To board the plane, I am thinking of using my work permit and work visa which are still valid on my passport. Once I arrive at a Canadian airport, they should let me in without issues. Anyone tried this before?
Take the greyhound/shuttle from SeaTac- Seattle airport to Vancouver.
As long as you have your COPR, you can cross peace arch via land.
Plus, the flight is cheaper if you fly from SEA than YVR.

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
I wonder if your previous entry visa works. I know for sure the work permit won't work, but not sure about the entry visa. Let me know cause I'm curious. When are you traveling in January?

taosu said:

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Previous visa would be automatically canceled after you become permanent resident.

The issue is not CBSA at port of entry, but the airline company who may deny entry to flight.

fullofsunshine said:
I wonder if your previous entry visa works. I know for sure the work permit won't work, but not sure about the entry visa. Let me know cause I'm curious. When are you traveling in January?

demara

Mar 26, 2013
eds1275 said:
Previous visa would be automatically canceled after you become permanent resident.

The issue is not CBSA at port of entry, but the airline company who may deny entry to flight.
How would the airport know that the visa is not valid if it's not crossed out? You think they have access to the system to check if the visa is valid?

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
I don't think airline has the access to the system, but what about the boarder service at other country? They still take a look at your passport and stamp on it. Would they have the access to check if the visa is valid, or they don't care as you are leaving the country.

demara said:
How would the airport know that the visa is not valid if it's not crossed out? You think they have access to the system to check if the visa is valid?

hassan123

Dec 16, 2013
PCKUMAR said:
I received the PR cards for me and my son. It's been more than a week and I haven't received my wife's PR yet. I called CIC yesterday and they informed that my wife PR card is not delivered yet, and is in some verification process. Does anyone have any idea what kind of verification is being done during this phase?

Did anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
Hi PCKUMAR
I have same situation. I landed on 14th Sep 2013, I did not received my wife's PR card yet. I called CIC and still under verification. Did you received your wife's PR card?

Thanks

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
Caribou said:
Take the greyhound/shuttle from SeaTac- Seattle airport to Vancouver.
As long as you have your COPR, you can cross peace arch via land.
Plus, the flight is cheaper if you fly from SEA than YVR.
ceclmo777 said:
You should be boarding a plane flying to USA and not Canada.Once you land in USA, you drive by road to Canada.
I don't really want to fly to SEA. Plus, my flights are already booked months ago.

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
fullofsunshine said:
eds1275 said:

fullofsunshine said:
I don't think airline has the access to the system, but what about the boarder service at other country? They still take a look at your passport and stamp on it. Would they have the access to check if the visa is valid, or they don't care as you are leaving the country.
This is exactly the situation I am considering.

I will be flying out to China on Jan 27. YVR-SFO-PEK. Then on Feb 24 to Portland on a business trip, YVR-PDX.
So in both cases, it will be US airports to check my documents. I do think I can use my work visa because:
1. The work visa is not crossed out or expired, so the airline wouldn't know I am a PR.
2. US airports do not check documents for outgoing passengers.
3. Once I arrive at YVR, I should be able to enter Canada using my CoPR.

Am I correct on this?

I am planning to do this anyway, because I don't have time to apply for Travel Docs for both trips anyway. Flying to SEA is an option but I only want to change the flight if the airline does not allow me to board (which I think is really unlikely). Changing at the last minute vs changing now doesn't make much difference anyway, SFO-SEA is always under $150. As long as I make it to YVR, CBSA doesn't have a reason to refuse my entry.

hassan123

Dec 16, 2013
demara said:
I dont want to kill the hope... but i landed on Oct. 6th and nothing is happening, calling them every day, they say no problems with the photos, all good, just wait more... like till Jan 25th. My flight was supposed to be this Friday, had to cancel everything.
I havent seen a single person on this forum who received PR card in December, it looks like everything got cut off on Nov. 30.
Hi
I landed on 14th September, still waiting. I called CIC several times. the answers are like your answers. No problem for photos, and all good. I was told that they need additional verification. They suggested me to wait until end of Jan and then call us.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taosu said:
This is exactly the situation I am considering.

I will be flying out to China on Jan 27. YVR-SFO-PEK. Then on Feb 24 to Portland on a business trip, YVR-PDX.
So in both cases, it will be US airports to check my documents. I do think I can use my work visa because:
1. The work visa is not crossed out or expired, so the airline wouldn't know I am a PR.
2. US airports do not check documents for outgoing passengers.
3. Once I arrive at YVR, I should be able to enter Canada using my CoPR.

Am I correct on this?

I am planning to do this anyway, because I don't have time to apply for Travel Docs for both trips anyway. Flying to SEA is an option but I only want to change the flight if the airline does not allow me to board (which I think is really unlikely). Changing at the last minute vs changing now doesn't make much difference anyway, SFO-SEA is always under $150. As long as I make it to YVR, CBSA doesn't have a reason to refuse my entry.
flying out from YVR doesn't affect your visa status.
It's the YVR immigration counter that will ask for your PR. As soon as you land in YVR, you'll have to go through immigration&custom, and they'll ask for your PR.
Don't even think about using your work permit. You will be showing up in their system as a PR holder.
As soon as they type in your name on their system or scan your passport, it'll show you're PR.
I had changed my passport twice (different passport number) , and they still asked what was the purpose of my visit back in 1995. :eek:
I "heard" from people who entered Canada successfully with COPR alone , but some officer may give you heck of time.

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
Caribou said:
flying out from YVR doesn't affect your visa status.
It's the YVR immigration counter that will ask for your PR. As soon as you land in YVR, you'll have to go through immigration&custom, and they'll ask for your PR.
Don't even think about using your work permit. You will be showing up in their system as a PR holder.
As soon as they type in your name on their system or scan your passport, it'll show you're PR.
I had changed my passport twice (different passport number) , and they still asked what was the purpose of my visit back in 1995. :eek:
I "heard" from people who entered Canada successfully with COPR alone , but some officer may give you heck of time.
I am not saying enter Canada using my work visa. I just want to use my work visa to board the planes. Of course I know I have to declare my correct status once I land in YVR.

I've coming in & going out of YVR to US and other countries a dozen times a year, I don't see why I have to have a PR card in this case, as long as I can get on the plane with my previous visa.

Also, I don't think how much hard time they gave us, I do think I have a strong case here:
1. It's their fault that messed up my PR card. I landed more than 3 months ago.
2. Both trips are short trips, not enough time to apply for a Travel Doc.
3. Too much hassle for me to fly to SEA and plus I don't drive and technically buses are a form of commercial vehicle.

But all in all, hopefully I can receive my card before my trip in the end of Jan.