upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
Dear ceclmo777,
Can i apply travel document from canada to newyork city i think they do travel document i will mail them and they can send me mail back my travel document is it works folks plz let me know

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
shah0076 said:
Dear ceclmo777,
Can i apply travel document from canada to newyork city i think they do travel document i will mail them and they can send me mail back my travel document is it works folks plz let me know
Didnt quite get your question....

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
we landed on nov. 2nd and uptill now still waiting for the pr card. anyone knows how long more we should wait ??? ??? ???. I was told 6-8 wks :( :( :(

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
ujbaby said:
we landed on nov. 2nd and uptill now still waiting for the pr card. anyone knows how long more we should wait ??? ??? ???. I was told 6-8 wks :( :( :(
ujbaby, dont panic...the current processing time is 50 days, you can add 10 more days for mailing...so you should be expecting your card in Jan 1st week....

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ceclmo777 said:
ujbaby, dont panic...the current processing time is 50 days, you can add 10 more days for mailing...so you should be expecting your card in Jan 1st week....
wayyy too long but what to do. guess I have no choice. Thanx for ur input :)

demara

Mar 26, 2013
ujbaby said:
wayyy too long but what to do. guess I have no choice. Thanx for ur input :)
I dont want to kill the hope... but i landed on Oct. 6th and nothing is happening, calling them every day, they say no problems with the photos, all good, just wait more... like till Jan 25th. My flight was supposed to be this Friday, had to cancel everything.
I havent seen a single person on this forum who received PR card in December, it looks like everything got cut off on Nov. 30.

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Congrats to all landed immigrants!!!!1
Guys just curious to know if any of you have done landing at Peace bridge using the "U turn". If so, please provide your experiences and also if the Canadian border officers are ok with you not going to the US to get admin refusal. Thanks!!

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
Seems like everyone's plan was booked relying on the online processing time. I landed on Oct 26 and call them everyday now. Yesterday said the card will be delayed to Feb 2014 and today said the card will be ready in 2 weeks. I have to leave on Dec 29 to have my wedding overseas. I can't cancel my wedding last minutes as all my guests are booked. At this point, I'm very disappointed about the system.

demara said:
I dont want to kill the hope... but i landed on Oct. 6th and nothing is happening, calling them every day, they say no problems with the photos, all good, just wait more... like till Jan 25th. My flight was supposed to be this Friday, had to cancel everything.
I havent seen a single person on this forum who received PR card in December, it looks like everything got cut off on Nov. 30.

demara

Mar 26, 2013
fullofsunshine said:
Seems like everyone's plan was booked relying on the online processing time. I landed on Oct 26 and call them everyday now. Yesterday said the card will be delayed to Feb 2014 and today said the card will be ready in 2 weeks. I have to leave on Dec 29 to have my wedding overseas. I can't cancel my wedding last minutes as all my guests are booked. At this point, I'm very disappointed about the system.
OK, i have a question for you - do you have multiple entry US visa? I have a crazy idea i wanted to use myself but then decided not to go for it because of the money issue.
If the money is not an issue in your case and you HAVE to be there the complicated plan is still available. You cancel your current tickets and buy the tickets from US city to China (this is where your wedding is, right?) and back. The US city should be driving proximity to Canadian border (for example in Vermont).
It is going to be quite expensive at the last minute booking, but you can ask someone to drive you to Vermont in a personal car (not bus, not taxi), you go to the airport, complete your trip, go back to US, drive back to Canada in a private car and they should let you in without PR card, just with your COPR.
It sounds really crazy and i have no idea if you have legal right to do it (i mean US part, not sure how paranoid they are, you have to check with authorities), but for "life or death" cases quite applicable.

OR you could try to apply for Urgent PR card processing with explanation that it's your wedding and stuff and maybe you'll be lucky. My Urgent Processing application was rejected.

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
Thanks for the idea. I did think about this; however, it might be hard for my case. My fiancee and I are going back to China (yes, you are right) at different time. We couldn't drive two cars to US. On top of that, I will bring my parents back with me on the same flight. In that case, I need to cancel and rebook for 4 air tickets, which I couldn't afford. I did emailed a urgent processing request yesterday and explain all my concerns. i.e wedding and my parents are coming. I hope they accept my request; however, I heard the urgent processing only available for renewing PR card. Do you get an reasonable response why your urgent processing request is reject?

I truly hope my card could arrive in next 2 weeks, but I have another plan to apply travel document to China Visa Office. The problem with that is they processing time for travel doc is 4 weeks and I will only stay for 3 weeks. I emailed them if they can speed up my case.

Another issue, do you know if the PR card is mailing to your mailbox or you need to go somewhere to pick it up? If the card arrive after I left, maybe I could ask my friend to mail the card to me to China.

demara said:
OK, i have a question for you - do you have multiple entry US visa? I have a crazy idea i wanted to use myself but then decided not to go for it because of the money issue.
If the money is not an issue in your case and you HAVE to be there the complicated plan is still available. You cancel your current tickets and buy the tickets from US city to China (this is where your wedding is, right?) and back. The US city should be driving proximity to Canadian border (for example in Vermont).
It is going to be quite expensive at the last minute booking, but you can ask someone to drive you to Vermont in a personal car (not bus, not taxi), you go to the airport, complete your trip, go back to US, drive back to Canada in a private car and they should let you in without PR card, just with your COPR.
It sounds really crazy and i have no idea if you have legal right to do it (i mean US part, not sure how paranoid they are, you have to check with authorities), but for "life or death" cases quite applicable.

OR you could try to apply for Urgent PR card processing with explanation that it's your wedding and stuff and maybe you'll be lucky. My Urgent Processing application was rejected.

demara

Mar 26, 2013
fullofsunshine said:
Thanks for the idea. I did think about this; however, it might be hard for my case. My fiancee and I are going back to China (yes, you are right) at different time. We couldn't drive two cars to US. On top of that, I will bring my parents back with me on the same flight. In that case, I need to cancel and rebook for 4 air tickets, which I couldn't afford. I did emailed a urgent processing request yesterday and explain all my concerns. i.e wedding and my parents are coming. I hope they accept my request; however, I heard the urgent processing only available for renewing PR card. Do you get an reasonable response why your urgent processing request is reject?

I truly hope my card could arrive in next 2 weeks, but I have another plan to apply travel document to China Visa Office. The problem with that is they processing time for travel doc is 4 weeks and I will only stay for 3 weeks. I emailed them if they can speed up my case.

Another issue, do you know if the PR card is mailing to your mailbox or you need to go somewhere to pick it up? If the card arrive after I left, maybe I could ask my friend to mail the card to me to China.
Urgent Processing is NOT for new landed residents, only for cards renewal, i personally think it's not fair, but they dont care what we think. Most likely you will be rejected as they dont want to "create a case" by approving someone from not-allowed category. This would mean everyone will send their request. But of course little hope is still there :)
Usually PR card is mailed to your mailbox and theoretically your friend with your key could check it for you and send by fedex or something.
Generally its not recommended to send due to risk of loss. Fedex or any other "urgence" carrier are usually reliable though.
According to CIC Operation Bulletins - sometimes very rarely they ask people to pick up card in their CIC location (in your city), but i didnt see anyone on the forum getting such request..
So in your case i think it would be better to apply for travel document in China and then patiently wait for something to happen, either arrival of PR card or travel document. Worst case scenario you just extend your stay in China till you get travel document, hope you can change return flight for additional money, that was the case for my ticket (even if bought for promo price).

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
I guess I did everything I can. Now, just wait. Good luck!

demara said:
Urgent Processing is NOT for new landed residents, only for cards renewal, i personally think it's not fair, but they dont care what we think. Most likely you will be rejected as they dont want to "create a case" by approving someone from not-allowed category. This would mean everyone will send their request. But of course little hope is still there :)
Usually PR card is mailed to your mailbox and theoretically your friend with your key could check it for you and send by fedex or something.
Generally its not recommended to send due to risk of loss. Fedex or any other "urgence" carrier are usually reliable though.
According to CIC Operation Bulletins - sometimes very rarely they ask people to pick up card in their CIC location (in your city), but i didnt see anyone on the forum getting such request..
So in your case i think it would be better to apply for travel document in China and then patiently wait for something to happen, either arrival of PR card or travel document. Worst case scenario you just extend your stay in China till you get travel document, hope you can change return flight for additional money, that was the case for my ticket (even if bought for promo price).

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I know how frustrating this situation can be....I am in the same situation as you all and have decided to travel to India and apply for travel doc with VFS. Hopefully it comes in time, else I will rebook my tickets via US and enter Canada by road.

mycecpr

Dec 16, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions and hoping someone might have answers

1) I see that quite a few people are being asked to resend the Photos for PR card. Does CIC send this request
by mail or e-mail?

2) Is there any way that I can get the PR card delivery address changed? I gave an address while landing and I am
looking to change that address.

Thanks for you help :)

demara

Mar 26, 2013
mycecpr said:
Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions and hoping someone might have answers

1) I see that quite a few people are being asked to resend the Photos for PR card. Does CIC send this request
by mail or e-mail?

2) Is there any way that I can get the PR card delivery address changed? I gave an address while landing and I am
looking to change that address.

Thanks for you help :)
1) by regular mail, but you can call CIC call centre and ask if such letter was sent out. They usually tell you if this happened.
2) If you change your address, you need to call CIC call centre and change the address over the phone. There might be some complications - if your PR card is in process they may ignore new address and send to the old one, or your processing time may go to starting point (they may tell you that in this case it will take more time to process the card). If i were you i would call them now and check what address they have on file. It can even be different from what you provided on the border. They had the address of my lawyer that was used for work permit issues, even though whole immigration was done by myself only.

good luck!