+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

brahmanaga

Feb 26, 2017
people talk about linking pr card application with CIC accnt.

How to do that ?? I did not application for pr card, border agent just told me it ll come in mail at home.
yes, you no need to do anything just link your application to the Online CIC account
Follow these steps :
*After opening your cic account you scroll down then you can see "Link an existing application to this account" then click on "link application to this account"
*then it asks for "what program did you applied for?". Select PR card option
*now it asks for application details:
IMP note: many people think and starts writing PR application number(eg: Exxxxxxxxx).but it asks for the PR card application number ,which we don't have **( PR card app number )
so please select the option without application number(eg : I selected the one with "Family name , given name and DOB"). .
* fill the information which is red and says required
* then it asks for other personal information fill it.
* select option "Search my application"
* it shows that a application is found on this information do you want to link it (something like these words not exactly sure)
*after linking application you can find application number and application type in your home page.

- hope this info will help you:)

Last edited:
Reactions: lauraDz

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
I landed on 5th dec, 2017 , still waiting for PR card. I dont link anything in my cic account. Please advice if it is mandatory ?
Nope - not mandatory. Should come in about 2 months. If not, you can contact CIC. Some of us are just control freaks who need to know exactly what is going on (or at least as much as we possibly can)

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
Also, if I want to change a new job, do I need to wait for 3 months later after receiving the PR card? Any changes it may cause if I leave the current job now or later when I receive the PR card?
No, your new SIN number should be all you need.

tvchik

Nov 18, 2014
Hello all,

I landed in September and have just linked my account for the PR Card. It says my application was approved, but no messages. Is it not too long?

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Yea I hope so too man... all the best and let us know when you get anymore updates on it thanks
My card arrived tonight!! You were right, it didn't sit at the border for 6 weeks. That email I got last week must have been an error. Maybe it should have said that the card application was complete and the card was being sent, rather than saying the application had just been received. Anyway I'm stoked. Just one last surprise to finish this roller coaster ride I guess. Hahaha.

Reactions: jman25

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
My card arrived tonight!! You were right, it didn't sit at the border for 6 weeks. That email I got last week must have been an error. Maybe it should have said that the card application was complete and the card was being sent, rather than saying the application had just been received. Anyway I'm stoked. Just one last surprise to finish this roller coaster ride I guess. Hahaha.
Awesome! Congrats man you can breathe easy now or better yet go travel somewhere! :D .... I think I still have about 2-3 weeks left before mine arrives.

Reactions: fireal.jon

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Awesome! Congrats man you can breathe easy now or better yet go travel somewhere! :D .... I think I still have about 2-3 weeks left before mine arrives.
Awesome, good luck man! I'm flying home in 2 weeks for a visit, so the timing is perfect. Happy not to need a PRTD to come back :D

Sher987

Jan 17, 2018
Border crossed-Dec 1
Card approved-jan 17
Still waiting for card. 8 days now. Anyone know why it's too long and now how long it will take.
Hi Guys,
I landed in Calgary on Dec 2. Linked my application online late December. Application approved Jan 18. Anyone have any guesses on when the card will arrive? Also, when I landed I talked to the officer and evidently the not being able to renter without the PR card is less of an issue for US citizens, you just have to be able to explain to the border agent why you don't have it.

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
Hi All,

I did my landing in the Lansdowne thousand Islands Bridge on the 28th of Oct and no updated on cic and haven't received my card yet. A colleague of mine landed a day after in Sarnia and got the PR card last week. I'm not sure what's going on and I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Should I be worried..? Anyone landed on Lansdowne recently?

Hey Did you get your PR Card ? if yes thn in how many days ? I am going at Lansdowne tomorrow, so just wondering !!