+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Guys I need your help !!

I got my PPR and send my passport today morning. I hope I’ll get I’ll next month end. I’m planning to go back home at November. Do I need to get any additional documents when I’ll come back Canada except the Landing paper and passport ?
where r u now.........in canada...??

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

"PR card" application starts after you have landed, it doesnt start before (so you can expect to get receive your card in Canada after 60 to 80 days)

Answers to your questions.
1. Yes you can, at your arrival the officer will ask your canadian address where will you be residing, it can be a friend/family address.
2. Your PR card application is made by the officer at the border services (airport, or land).
You are not going to receive the PR card the same day on your landing, it is a Govt office and like any other Govt office delays are expected :)
3. Sometimes they do ask about proof of funds too. Just to be on the safe side keep your all your documents handy during landing.
Hi,
If we give the address of the relative / friend to the immigration officer filling up PR card application, will it not be obvious that you could be doing short landing and giving someone else's address as the new comer most likely may not have mailing address ready? Asking this, as I am also planning to do short landing and have doubt about that. Alternatively, we can fill up the form that they give to notify the mailing address, but risk here is, they are known for messing up with addresses, photos, etc. So, what is the best alternative?

PRNewbee

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,
we landed on July 31st and still waiting for our PR card. My daughter alone got the card last week (25 sep) . We were able to link our PR card application with our express entry profile .The online status still says "In progress" for me and my spouse . We called up the cic agent number of times and they could find NO remarks /complaints on our file, including any photo specification issues. We haven't changed our address and verified our address is correct with the agent. They've raised an inquiry to the Processing office through their internal messaging and asked us to give a call back after a week. Any one in such situation or any idea what could be missing?

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Landed in Canada: 17 Jun
Came back to my home country: 28 Jun
Applied for PRTD: 13 July
PRTD stamped: 27 July
Used web form for updating of address for PR card delivery: Twice
PR card dispatched: 14 August

However, what has happened is that my PR card has been dispatched to the hotel address where I was staying initially. This address I had given in the PRTD application form, not sure why they picked this address for PR card delivery.

Had tried updating address via link 'https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify', however my details were never found. As my details were not found, twice filled the web form for updating of address. However, as we do not get any confirmation was not sure whether address was updated or not.
Also, status of my card in CIC account is Submitted.
As of now the card has not reached the hotel address(two days back)
Can anyone tell me about a reliable courier service(in Saskatoon) who can pick and deliver the card for me.
Hi,

How difficult / easy is to get PRTD once back to home country for 2-3 months after the first landing? I am also thinking of applying for PRTD once I make the landing around Oct-end and then come back in a few weeks' time?

What docs are needed to submit along with PRTD?

Thanks,

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

I keep reading that if you want to notify your mailing address for PR card after landing via address notification tool (online), your application needs to be "in processing" mode. Any idea on after how many days does the PR card application goes in to "under processing" status? Also, where can we check on-line the status of PR card application? I see many posts / cases where they mess up quite a bit. Thanks,

rmwahab

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dear All,

I did my landing on 15 July 2017 at Pearson airport, Toronto. I linked my application on 3 Sep 2017 since then I did not receive my PR card nor any update in myCIC account till today, sent them two case specific inquiries about my case, the reply I got is:

"
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."
Any one who faced same issue? Unfortunately I am not able to call them since I went back to my home country

Regards,

anilsaxena

Oct 20, 2017
Did my lading on August 9th, 2017 and received my PR card on October 4th, 2017.

Good luck everyone!
Lucky you. All the best for future. On your landing, how many days wait was told to you. I was told (I landed on 5 October 2017) 2 months (do not know whether calendar months or actual working days).

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

I did my landing on Sept 23rd. How long does it take for my PR card to arrive? I have already left Toronto and back in my home country. I am counting on my friend who travels home around December 1st week to hand my card over to me. any likelihood of the card arriving by december 1 st week?
Also incase if i opt for PRTD, is there any validity that comes along? like if i apply for it now and i plan to travel to canada by march 2018? or should i apply for it closer to my travel date?

Thanks

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hi Guys,

I did my landing on Sept 23rd. How long does it take for my PR card to arrive? I have already left Toronto and back in my home country. I am counting on my friend who travels home around December 1st week to hand my card over to me. any likelihood of the card arriving by december 1 st week?
Also incase if i opt for PRTD, is there any validity that comes along? like if i apply for it now and i plan to travel to canada by march 2018? or should i apply for it closer to my travel date?

Thanks
Applied for PRTD and got it for six months with one time entry.

Arnie123

Oct 16, 2017
I'm currently in Canada and have received back my Passport and COPR Docs. I am looking to do Landing in a couple of weeks time. So what happens if I have to go back to my own country within those 2-3 months till when I receive my PR Card? I have my work permit till Mid-Jan 2018. Will I be allowed to enter Canada post that with my Passport immigration stamp (till July 2018) and Landing documents ?

therudeguy

Nov 1, 2017
Hello everyone,
I recently got my visa to migrate to canada and i'm still in my home country. I'll be landing in canada on the 7th of december. But i have to come back to my home country towards the middle of January 2018 to attend an important function. I'll be travelling with my wife who's a canadian citizen. So i'd like to know about my chances of getting a PRTD since i'm not optimistic about my chances of getting the PR card in less than 2 months. And how do i go about applying for the PRTD once i'm in Canada. Thanks for any input.