+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

santoshgmath

Jun 21, 2016
Is anyone getting PR card on time say 2weeks-1month time frame?

Or is it default for everyone to wait for 64days?

As i feel those have problem will update this wiki and for rest for whom getting PR card went easy are least bothered of this site!
Does anyone is aware of your friends/Family for whom it didn't take more than 1 month who arrived after 2016 March?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll also add to the good news. I haven't opened the letter yet but I'm fairly certain this is my PR card :eek: ???

Just a reminder - I resubmitted my photos on April 20th.

Now I can take my vacation!!

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
riddymon said:
I'll also add to the good news. I haven't opened the letter yet but I'm fairly certain this is my PR card :eek: ???

Hey CONGRATS! Did CIC received your photos on April 20th or you submitted them on April 20th? Thanks and enjoy!

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
what number to call to check the status ? I landed on 18th april and still haven't received my card. I landed in Vancouver. Any help will be appreciated.

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
riddymon said:

Congratulations!!!

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
I do not understand how some people who landed in January, resubmitted photos in March and some people who landed in March and resubmitted their pictures probably sometimes in April are receiving PR cards at the same time. It is so confusing and at the same time so scary.

Hi Edmoton
I have no idea why it took so long to receive my pr card!
It is confusing, but im glad it turned out well!!!
Were you requested to resubmit your photos?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Hey CONGRATS! Did CIC received your photos on April 20th or you submitted them on April 20th? Thanks and enjoy!
I sent them april 19th Xpress post...they received them April 20th. (i live in nova scotia)

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshgmath said:
Hi Riddymon,
Thank you so much for reply.
Is anyone getting PR card on time say 2weeks-1month time frame?

Or is it default for everyone to wait for 64days?

As i feel those have problem will update this wiki and for rest for whom getting PR card went easy are least bothered of this site!
Does anyone is aware of your friends/Family for whom it didn't take more than 1 month who arrived after 2016 March?

Thanks
Santosh
If anyone is getting their card in less than a month that is NOT the majority. Most are taking 60-70 days at least.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
luanabs said:
Hi Edmoton
I have no idea why it took so long to receive my pr card!
It is confusing, but im glad it turned out well!!!
Were you requested to resubmit your photos?
yeah my wife landed on March 6th and she received request for photo submission on April 21th and CIC received her photos on April 25th.

muta

Sep 28, 2011
Hello All,
Am glad i found this thread as i did not know where to turn. Landed in Canada on 3rd March. Got a letter for photo resubmission in early April.Sent by Courier and photos recieved three days letter. Wrote to CIC case specific enquiry on May 18th and got reply 2 days later that am in process and they dont process urgent processing for new Pr cards. Its now coming to the end of June and now approximately 110 days since i landed. Need PR card for identification for some urgent business but dont know what to do. Going to try and call them directly as i had not done that yet but really dont know what to do.

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
joolery said:
When did they receive the updated photos?
We submitted the photos when we did our landing. Our lawyer knew about the latest spec and asked us to submit in the new format (70x50 and not 45x35). That saved us a lot of time. Hope this helps.

santoshgmath

Jun 21, 2016
Hello,
Is there any way after submitting the docs wait for 1 moth and provide the friends address and leave the Canada instead of waiting for PR card.
I doubt without PR card will get job! and staying in Canada will be costly. So is any possibilities of giving address of friends and leaving Canada and collecting the PR card by other way in person when the friend is visiting us.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
muta said:
Hello All,
Am glad i found this thread as i did not know where to turn. Landed in Canada on 3rd March. Got a letter for photo resubmission in early April.Sent by Courier and photos recieved three days letter. Wrote to CIC case specific enquiry on May 18th and got reply 2 days later that am in process and they dont process urgent processing for new Pr cards. Its now coming to the end of June and now approximately 110 days since i landed. Need PR card for identification for some urgent business but dont know what to do. Going to try and call them directly as i had not done that yet but really dont know what to do.
I am sure you will receive it by the end of this month (or hopefully 1st week of July).