Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
CECPRAspirant said:
Today it is showing PR card waiting time is 56 days.. Is it business days / calendar days?
Correct me if i am wrong, I think its business days. Most people wait for at least two months to receive PRC, that's about 62 days + a few more. So the avg would be much higher than 56 calendar days.

CECPRAspirant

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
kidbroker said:
Correct me if i am wrong, I think its business days. Most people wait for at least two months to receive PRC, that's about 62 days + a few more. So the avg would be much higher than 56 calendar days.
Thank You kidbroker for the response.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
So after 169 days after landing at Toronto Pearson - my husband finally got a letter requesting new pictures for his PR Card.

We are taking his pictures tonight and sending them via courier. I want a signature to know that the pictures were actually received!!!
Because it seems from being on this forum - anything can happen.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
kidbroker said:
No, its Calendar days. please read the instructions carefully.

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
nyctomtl said:
Applied August 11, 2015 (pictures here are the only ones I ever sent)
Landed February 20, 2016
Received PR card April 14, 2016

54 days
Congrats!

FortiGet

Apr 19, 2016
myat said:
Although I try to call so many times to +1-613-9444000 this number, I only hear we are receiving high call volume and end up can't speak to agent.

Landed 28th Sept,2015 and request photos for Wife and CIC received on 09th March 2016. Until now no news. Any advice how to reach to agent or any advice for PR card time line . Thanks.

Myat
;D Same situation!
My wife also got a new photo request from CIC in the early of March and the new photo was received by Mike on 8th March, she hasn't got her PR card yet.

I tried to contact the CIC call center for several times in April, it's really difficult to get through and talk with an agent. However, they changed their polocies of application status checking. The agents never agreed to check the status of my wife's card no matter how patient, polite or mad I was. They would rather spend time repeating their procedures than use one or two minutes to check it for me. They just told me to wait or check online, similar stereotyped words each time. This really sucks! I even don't know why they set up this hotline, the ECAS system doesn't show anything about the dependant applicant.

I don't have any idea and cannot figure out the working logic and process priorities of CIC, that's unreasonable. I wish the card will come to the mailbox in the coming days.

Myat, why did you call +1-613-9444000? I remember the number is +1 888 242 2100. Are you out of Canada right now?

From my experience, chance is greater to get through when you call in the morning around 10 or at 3-3.30pm.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi FortiGet,

I just speak with CIC agent and she told me that my wife PR card is not yet produced. And she told me that she doesn't have confirmation whether received my wife photos or not. But I can confirmed that CIC received on 09-March-2016 by MIKE. But the time for PR card processing is about 56 days now and that mean from 09-March-2016 until now they don't do anything or never update??? or many applicants now???

Do you or anybody received confirmation after they received NEW photos? or after agent can confirm after received photos?? any advice. Thanks in advance.

Good luck for your wife PR card also. Thanks for your information.

Regards,
Myat

FortiGet said:
;D Same situation!
My wife also got a new photo request from CIC in the early of March and the new photo was received by Mike on 8th March, she hasn't got her PR card yet.

I tried to contact the CIC call center for several times in April, it's really difficult to get through and talk with an agent. However, they changed their polocies of application status checking. The agents never agreed to check the status of my wife's card no matter how patient, polite or mad I was. They would rather spend time repeating their procedures than use one or two minutes to check it for me. They just told me to wait or check online, similar stereotyped words each time. This really sucks! I even don't know why they set up this hotline, the ECAS system doesn't show anything about the dependant applicant.

I don't have any idea and cannot figure out the working logic and process priorities of CIC, that's unreasonable. I wish the card will come to the mailbox in the coming days.

Myat, why did you call +1-613-9444000? I remember the number is +1 888 242 2100. Are you out of Canada right now?

From my experience, chance is greater to get through when you call in the morning around 10 or at 3-3.30pm.

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
I tried like xactly at 8 am still cudnt get thru and said all agents r busy, thats so ridiculous. How can it be busy at very first second of 8 am. This is insane. Like they r behaving so irresponsibly. They want work force but they dont want to provide services to immigrants. They invite people and then after struggling so much wat they give is just pain. They wouldnt understand unless they themselves have to go thru all such hassle some day. Very irresponsible behaviour. And they claim they maintain transparency. We all know how transparent the system is. And 6-8 ( in some cases) months to get pr card! Wow thats just stupid. Like common, hire new xtra staff cic. They dont want to show status online, they dont want to reply on phone, they dont want to do anything. Government should understand that its give and take business. We are supplying our hardwork to country, dont pay us back with such suffering and irresponsible behaviour.

Beefy

Apr 20, 2016
Landed 23rd February in Emerson, MB. Received PR card in the mail 19th April - 56 days.

I was already in MB on a work permit, and received a permanent job offer. My full timeline was:
April 2014, submitted Manitoba PNP.
October 2014, PNP approved.
January 2015, submitted PR.
May 2015, medical checks requested.
June 2015, performed medical checks.
September 2015, additional info requested.
January 2016, decision made and photos requested.
February 2016, received COPR.
February 2016, landed and activated COPR.
April 2016, received PR card.

So yes, it has taken a while, and was frustrating at times...... but it was not difficult. I can only suggest to be patient, dot your i's, cross your t's, don't try to be tricky, and don't plan to travel unless you are absolutely sure you will have the correct status.

[EDIT] I should also add, nothing changed on my eCAS after 'decision made' in January 2016.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Anybody received PR card recently, request for new photos and received by CIC 9th March 2016 or later than that date? If have, please let me know details timeline. Thanks.

Myat

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
myat said:
Anybody received PR card recently, request for new photos and received by CIC 9th March 2016 or later than that date? If have, please let me know details timeline. Thanks.

Myat
I have recd My PR card in around 3 weeks after i re-submitted my pics.

I have sent my pics on march 10 and reached to cic on march 16 and I got PR card on April 5.

Good Luck to you.

FortiGet

Apr 19, 2016
myat said:
Hi FortiGet,

I just speak with CIC agent and she told me that my wife PR card is not yet produced. And she told me that she doesn't have confirmation whether received my wife photos or not. But I can confirmed that CIC received on 09-March-2016 by MIKE. But the time for PR card processing is about 56 days now and that mean from 09-March-2016 until now they don't do anything or never update??? or many applicants now???

Do you or anybody received confirmation after they received NEW photos? or after agent can confirm after received photos?? any advice. Thanks in advance.

Good luck for your wife PR card also. Thanks for your information.

Regards,
Myat
Myat,

I don't get any mail or email from CIC. And I called again a lady checked the status for me this time.
She told me they will update new photo received status in their system when CIC begins to process the card, but she didn't see anything of my wife's case.
And she also said that there is no process time limit now, so we just have to wait.

FYI.

Good luck!

FortiGet

Apr 19, 2016
Soon2332 said:
I tried like xactly at 8 am still cudnt get thru and said all agents r busy, thats so ridiculous. How can it be busy at very first second of 8 am. This is insane. Like they r behaving so irresponsibly. They want work force but they dont want to provide services to immigrants. They invite people and then after struggling so much wat they give is just pain. They wouldnt understand unless they themselves have to go thru all such hassle some day. Very irresponsible behaviour. And they claim they maintain transparency. We all know how transparent the system is. And 6-8 ( in some cases) months to get pr card! Wow thats just stupid. Like common, hire new xtra staff cic. They dont want to show status online, they dont want to reply on phone, they dont want to do anything. Government should understand that its give and take business. We are supplying our hardwork to country, dont pay us back with such suffering and irresponsible behaviour.
I think they shouldn't hire good employees before they have a good boss/department. We have nothing to do with this, we even cannot complain it to any third-party departments for this inefficiency.