+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Lover1abd

Dec 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naticom said:
Hi guys,

I just received my GCMS regarding my prc application. I landed on 30 Sep last year and my appication was sent to prc centre the very next day. However, according to GCMS on 4 Jan there was an error during production and the message was sent to related department. But I remember during that time period the call centre agent kept telling me my photo should be okay, while there was actually an error! Not until 18 Feb a nice lady sent an inquiry note to the producetion team about my case, so this date(Feb 18) showed up in my GCMS.

From the GCMS, we know that if the agent did not send a note for you, they were just bulls**ting about your case.
hello my friend

i became pr 2 Oct 2015

they ask me about photos 25 Feb 2016

received photos 3 Mar 2016

until this time nothing

bro don't worry some people like me and you ........ they don't have luck

i feel right now pr like lottery not important when or where did you landed

i hope just one time one of the call center says something to me make sense but nothing

no body helping you

i feel when you call them like lottery if you like 20% from them going to help you other they says more two week

i heard this word maybe almost 20 time every call

i have friend they told me when you call them too match they going to put your app. in hold ........... i don't know if its true

but when i stared call them in DEC 2016 because the office told me if you not received call them

and they said call us after 2 week until now

but in FEB 2016 nice guy he send note for them this app delay too match

but after i call them they ask about new photos

why they not put my app first i waiting............................. until when

i don't know what the reason

mybe bad luck

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Yes I have already submitted my new photo on March 2 and an agent last week told me my application is at the final stage now. Hope it is true.
compaq123 said:
it hurts hearing your story ...
now what do you have to do buddy? Do you have to resubmit new photos to them?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
naticom said:
Yes I have already submitted my new photo on March 2 and an agent last week told me my application is at the final stage now. Hope it is true.
You should receive very soon. Usually 1 month from the date they received your photos, they would mail. You should receive on the 1st week of April depends on which province you from

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed January 25th, 2016 with my common-law partner at Toronto Pearson. Received both PR cards March 24th, 2016. No photo re-submission requested for either of us. The photos we provided were as per the new specs (50mm x 70mm).

friendali

Jun 18, 2014
fernsie39 said:
Landed January 25th, 2016 with my common-law partner at Toronto Pearson. Received both PR cards March 24th, 2016. No photo re-submission requested for either of us. The photos we provided were as per the new specs (50mm x 70mm).
thx fernsie .i landed 22 jan and called them and they said no photo required and it was useless call ,with no result, i rem that my old photos are 45 mm x 65 mm . its like 5 mm different!

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
Hi forum,

What is the average waiting time to get PR card after landing in March?

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
fernsie39 said:
Processing time is now up to 54 days.
Thanks buddy, that's almost two months... another quick question, Do I get a temporary PR card after landing?
I need the PR card number asap to apply for a mortgage or other related financial transactions.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidbroker said:
Thanks buddy, that's almost two months... another quick question, Do I get a temporary PR card after landing?
I need the PR card number asap to apply for a mortgage or other related financial transactions.
No, you don't get a temporary PR card but you should be able to use your copy of your COPR for such transactions. After landing, you and the border officer will have signed off and dated it so this will be your proof that you are a PR as of your landing date until your card comes through. The card is just now required for re-entering Canada as they are tightening up on this - that you now need either your card or a PR Travel Document.

I was able to renew my driver's license, get a new SIN number, give that new SIN number to my bank etc all with just my COPR after landing.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
In BC you can only get a interim driver's license (a yellow paper) with CoPR

fernsie39 said:
No, you don't get a temporary PR card but you should be able to use your copy of your COPR for such transactions. After landing, you and the border officer will have signed off and dated it so this will be your proof that you are a PR as of your landing date until your card comes through. The card is just now required for re-entering Canada as they are tightening up on this - that you now need either your card or a PR Travel Document.

I was able to renew my driver's license, get a new SIN number, give that new SIN number to my bank etc all with just my COPR after landing.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naticom said:
In BC you can only get a interim driver's license (a yellow paper) with CoPR
Hmmm, interesting. I guess it just depends on the province then as in Alberta, I got my full five year license and a "congratulations" from the registry agent! It will probably depend also on the institution then on whether you can start looking into mortgages and other loans. Silly that you wouldn't be able to as after landing, you are a PR. That is your status in the country. Getting your card doesn't make you a super-PR or anything. Your status is still the same.

Best of luck anyway!

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Seems it's better in Alberta :D

It has been over 180 days since I first landed and I could not own any ID with photo due to the lack of PR card, strange policy in BC. I know that in old times people can apply for a formal driver's license with landing papers.

Anyway, I just called CIC and they said my card was sent out last week on 22nd March. Finally :)

fernsie39 said:
Hmmm, interesting. I guess it just depends on the province then as in Alberta, I got my full five year license and a "congratulations" from the registry agent! It will probably depend also on the institution then on whether you can start looking into mortgages and other loans. Silly that you wouldn't be able to as after landing, you are a PR. That is your status in the country. Getting your card doesn't make you a super-PR or anything. Your status is still the same.

Best of luck anyway!

tc23

Jul 9, 2015
Landed on January 18th, phoned the call centre a few weeks ago and was told my PR card was mailed out on February 23rd and to wait till 6 weeks have passed from the mailing date before contacting them again. I also confirmed that the address they have on file is correct. I will hit the 6 week mark next week on April 5th. At this point, I'm fairly certain that Canada Post has misdelivered/lost my PR card. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement, they really need to add some sort of tracking for documents as important as a PR card. In the meantime, I suppose I'll read up on how to file a solemn declaration for a lost/stolen/destroyed/never received PR card.

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
naticom said:
Seems it's better in Alberta :D

It has been over 180 days since I first landed and I could not own any ID with photo due to the lack of PR card, strange policy in BC. I know that in old times people can apply for a formal driver's license with landing papers.

Anyway, I just called CIC and they said my card was sent out last week on 22nd March. Finally :)

Congrates!! Finally the wait time is over for you...hopefully i will get soon too..keep us posted nd good luck for future in canada.