20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
karankullar said:
Hi everyone

I landed as a PR on July 15, 2015 and now in queue for PR card. Just wondering, is CIC consistent with the amount of time they take to issue PR cards? I mean I have a friend who received his PR card on 32nd day after landing and he landed in April this year. Don't know what to expect.

The problem is that I have to be in India for my wedding, which is in mid October. That is approximately 3 months from now. I have a ticket for July 21, 2015. I am confused as to leave or not. The thing is considering they are taking 3 months to issue the PR card, what's the point in waiting since it doesn't matter if I leave now or October beginning, I would have to leave without the PR card. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't ask if I were not desperate for help. I really hope somebody could help me. Thank you.

Regards
karan

PS I have a visa for United States and I was thinking of coming back to Seattle and then driving to Canada. That is because the CIC website says it is okay to enter Canada on a personal vehicle without a PR card.
Option A:
Apply for a PRTD as soon as you land in India. This document can be used to enter into Canada and can only be used once. The document is only valid for 30 days. There are people on this forum who have successfully acquired PRTD and came back while their PR cards are still being processed.

Option B:
Travel via US and enter into Canada in a private vehicle (can be rented vehicle or friend's car). Passport and CoPR is required.

Kindly bear in mind that once PR cards have been issued, you cannot apply for PRTD unless you report them as lost or stolen. So, you have to apply for it before PR cards were issued.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
karankullar said:
Hi everyone

I landed as a PR on July 15, 2015 and now in queue for PR card. Just wondering, is CIC consistent with the amount of time they take to issue PR cards? I mean I have a friend who received his PR card on 32nd day after landing and he landed in April this year. Don't know what to expect.

The problem is that I have to be in India for my wedding, which is in mid October. That is approximately 3 months from now. I have a ticket for July 21, 2015. I am confused as to leave or not. The thing is considering they are taking 3 months to issue the PR card, what's the point in waiting since it doesn't matter if I leave now or October beginning, I would have to leave without the PR card. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't ask if I were not desperate for help. I really hope somebody could help me. Thank you.

Regards
karan

PS I have a visa for United States and I was thinking of coming back to Seattle and then driving to Canada. That is because the CIC website says it is okay to enter Canada on a personal vehicle without a PR card.

karan brother go to the link below and take steps accordingly. At the airport when you landed,you should have told the Immigration officer and should have showed your return ticket which would facilitate the PR card processing faster.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
XpressEnterprise said:
Option A:
Apply for a PRTD as soon as you land in India. This document can be used to enter into Canada and can only be used once. The document is only valid for 30 days. There are people on this forum who have successfully acquired PRTD and came back while their PR cards are still being processed.

Option B:
Travel via US and enter into Canada in a private vehicle (can be rented vehicle or friend's car). Passport and CoPR is required.

Kindly bear in mind that once PR cards have been issued, you cannot apply for PRTD unless you report them as lost or stolen. So, you have to apply for it before PR cards were issued.
I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to apply for PRTD if the card has already been issued. I think that leaves me with the only option of travelling through united states, which actually seems like a pretty good option. Thanks buddy.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
takhan said:
karan brother go to the link below and take steps accordingly. At the airport when you landed,you should have told the Immigration officer and should have showed your return ticket which would facilitate the PR card processing faster.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp
We cannot expedite the processing of the first PR card. I am a new Permanent resident and the urgent processing is only for existing card holders. Thanks you for the reply. Also, I didn't land at an airport. I was living in Canada already so I went to United States and came back after a few mins and received my PR at a land border.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
karankullar said:
We cannot expedite the processing of the first PR card. I am a new Permanent resident and the urgent processing is only for existing card holders. Thanks you for the reply. Also, I didn't land at an airport. I was living in Canada already so I went to United States and came back after a few mins and received my PR at a land border.

Urgent processing is for all Karan brother not only for old applicants. Go to the sites and read carefully.It is under title New immigrants.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
takhan said:
Urgent processing is for all Karan brother not only for old applicants. Go to the sites and read carefully.It is under title New immigrants.
I read what the website says buddy, I called CIC last week and they said it is not possible. I asked again at the border and the CBSA officer said the same thing. I might be wrong but I have been told by two official sources now that new immigrants cannot expedite the processing of their PR cards. I had my ticket with me when I landed. I tried my best to put the application under urgent processing. The officer jut didn't allow me to. It wasn't in my hands after that.

However, I do understand what you are saying and I have no idea why the website is misinforming us. Or perhaps the CIC call center and the CBSA officer was. God knows what is true and what is not. I wish this information wasn't so ambiguous.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pg123 said:
I dont know this is very strange, I have heard that the call centre reps were not willing to help even during the PR application processing.... May be it depends on which area you are calling from as I believe they have multiple call centres...

BTW... my card was mailed by CIC on Monday and Friday afternoon I received it (Edmonton)
They have only one call centre - in Montreal

thelio

Nov 14, 2014
Thanks a lot for the information. I didn't know about this. In this case, I have to contact new residents in my old address, and hope they would do me a favor to contact me after receiving it.

spaceexp said:
Mail forwarding doesn't work for PR cards, because they come in an envelope marked "DO NOT FORWARD".

Someone back a couple of pages mentioned you can use some other sort of mail forwarding, so search for it. Canada post will not do it for sure!

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
thelio said:
Thanks a lot for the information. I didn't know about this. In this case, I have to contact new residents in my old address, and hope they would do me a favor to contact me after receiving it.
No problem, I try to help if I can :) At least you know on time, so you can make arrangements. I am sure most people are normal enough to understand such a situation and contact you if/when they get it (if you explain it to them politely).

Zico85

Jun 30, 2015
I landed 21/05/2015. and am still waiting my PR card .My mailing address on my ECAS has not updated yet although I provided my Canadian mailing address once I landed . Is it normal ?

could I enter canda from USA just with my passport and COPR Although I left Canada before 730 days ? . If you have experinced something like that, please let me know.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zico85 said:
I landed 21/05/2015. and am still waiting my PR card .My mailing address on my ECAS has not updated yet although I provided my Canadian mailing address once I landed . Is it normal ?

could I enter canda from USA just with my passport and COPR Although I left Canada before 730 days ? . If you have experinced something like that, please let me know.
1) most of the times they don't update ecas.
2) yes, but only by private vehicle

Zico85

Jun 30, 2015
Diplomatru said:
1) most of the times they don't update ecas.
2) yes, but only by private vehicle
They mentioned in the website of CIC that an officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet residency requirement before you let you come to Canada . What do they mean by mean by residency requirements ? I understood that I have to be physically in Canada for 730 days before I leave .
Is this correct ?

nihaocanada8

Jul 19, 2015
Hello. I plan to do landing in the 1st week of Sept to activate the PR and then return to my home country. I will move permanently next year. my question is if I give my friend's address for the PR card does it mean that I would need to file the income tax this year even if I am not in canada ? because for income tax purpose I am a resident as I have given my friend's address. If it is true then I would rather not collect the PR card till I move over permanently. appreciate your views on this. Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zico85 said:
They mentioned in the website of CIC that an officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet residency requirement before you let you come to Canada . What do they mean by mean by residency requirements ? I understood that I have to be physically in Canada for 730 days before I leave .
Is this correct ?
no, it's not correct

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nihaocanada8 said:
Hello. I plan to do landing in the 1st week of Sept to activate the PR and then return to my home country. I will move permanently next year. my question is if I give my friend's address for the PR card does it mean that I would need to file the income tax this year even if I am not in canada ? because for income tax purpose I am a resident as I have given my friend's address. If it is true then I would rather not collect the PR card till I move over permanently. appreciate your views on this. Thanks
If you don't have income you don't need to file tax return