+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting after Background Check went in progress!

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
I did and strangely enough, it took them 2 months to send me the notes (went through a citizen friend of mine). Don't know if that had anything to do with the delay in the application process itself.
The notes say that I've passed everything but the 'security' area was deleted/ omitted out. so I can't even tell when they started it. Criminality shows passed.
No idea what to do next.
check your activities in the GCMS notes, how many "security" do you have?
do any of these activities have "sub-activity: security screening"?

Oct 31, 2015
Passing medicals is not the ONLY prerequisite for PPR. Your application is probably in the Background check phase right now which, in my experience, is the lengthiest part of the application.
Yes, the processing of an application can sometimes stretch long enough to the point that the medicals expire. My medicals expired and I was asked to repeat them.
Good luck.
Thanks for your reply.

Any idea, where can I find details about the status milestones for Sask PNP? like Medical Passed > PPR > CoPR. I guess these are for EE, mine is PNP - Outland.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Thanks for your reply.

Any idea, where can I find details about the status milestones for Sask PNP? like Medical Passed > PPR > CoPR. I guess these are for EE, mine is PNP - Outland.
Probably in the PNP section of the forum. o_O

ammysingh

Jul 27, 2016
I forgot to mention USA tourist visa denial in express entry application, and my file in IP2 stage and Do i have to raise a cse for that. Will that create any issue ? Any expert advise..TIA

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I forgot to mention USA tourist visa denial in express entry application, and my file in IP2 stage and Do i have to raise a cse for that. Will that create any issue ? Any expert advise..TIA
You should mention that because they specifically ask if you were ever denied visa to any country. If they haven't found out on their own already, it won't be a problem. It's best to write to them via CSE and let them know you forgot to mention.

samer123

Mar 16, 2018
Hi, my application was recieved last Dec 19th 2017 and as i can see on my profile status it shows that the medical test pass and the backround check is not applicable. can you please guide me to a group of the same status im getting frustrated from waiting :(

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi, my application was recieved last Dec 19th 2017 and as i can see on my profile status it shows that the medical test pass and the backround check is not applicable. can you please guide me to a group of the same status im getting frustrated from waiting :(
That means that your background check hasn't started yet. which program did you apply under ? It has only been 3 months since you applied so don't get frustrated so soon. Be prepared to wait 6-10 months. In some cases, more. background check takes a long time. Good news is that you cleared Meds. So stay strong.

samer123

Mar 16, 2018
well i have got an SINP invitation and got approved through EE nomination on October 5th 3017.what they have mentioned is that this process might take up to 6 month duration as max. now you are saying might take to 10! i hope it wont take that much.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
well i have got an SINP invitation and got approved through EE nomination on October 5th 3017.what they have mentioned is that this process might take up to 6 month duration as max. now you are saying might take to 10! i hope it wont take that much.
I'm sure they never said ''6 months max". its 6 months on average. Just be prepared to wait.

KHilal

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Hi everyone ..

I received the ITA on 22nd of Feb
Submitted/AOR on 7th of March
MedPassed on 16th of March
BGC changed from NA to IP1 on 16 of March

I don't know if I had really to share all the above details to ask the following question :)

I just couldn't find an answer as to how long would it normally take for the BGC to change from IP1 into NA?
Based on what I understood it takes a few hours or a day ... it's been 2 days for me now.. am I just impatient or should I worry that I have a missing document/s? :(

KHilal

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Hi everyone ..

I received the ITA on 22nd of Feb
Submitted/AOR on 7th of March
MedPassed on 16th of March
BGC changed from NA to IP1 on 16 of March

I don't know if I had really to share all the above details to ask the following question :)

I just couldn't find an answer as to how long would it normally take for the BGC to change from IP1 into NA?
Based on what I understood it takes a few hours or a day ... it's been 2 days for me now.. am I just impatient or should I worry that I have a missing document/s? :(

GUYS.. IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS AND MY BGC IS STILL IN PROGRESS 1. I READ THAT IT SHOULD TAKE ONLY A FEW HOURS .. WHAT COULD BE WRONG HERE? I STARTED TO PANIC .. HOPE TO READ SOME REASSURING ANSWERS!

KHilal

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Ah .. so your status was at IP1 for 16 or 17 days then .. I am stuck at IP1 since 16 March
Thanks for your reply .. I will wait for another 10 days then

Are you a FSW? how much was your score? Mine was 455