+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting after Background Check went in progress!

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Have you tried ordering GCMS notes? Are you in Security Screening?
I did and strangely enough, it took them 2 months to send me the notes (went through a citizen friend of mine). Don't know if that had anything to do with the delay in the application process itself.
The notes say that I've passed everything but the 'security' area was deleted/ omitted out. so I can't even tell when they started it. Criminality shows passed.
No idea what to do next.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
oh..ok thank you, so it never showed UPLOADED right? it went from BEING REVIEWD to NOT NEEDED. right?
for me its UPLOADED from REVIEWED.
thats why I asked. thanks
for me its uploaded to no more document needed.

Reactions: vaev108

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I did and strangely enough, it took them 2 months to send me the notes (went through a citizen friend of mine). Don't know if that had anything to do with the delay in the application process itself.
The notes say that I've passed everything but the 'security' area was deleted/ omitted out. so I can't even tell when they started it. Criminality shows passed.
No idea what to do next.
This is the nature of IRCC. You just have to wait it out. If your eligibility is cleared, you are all good. Security is a time consuming job, and if you are stuck there, then nothing much can be done.

mohitsport

Aug 12, 2015
Hi

I am an EE candidate, with timelines as below

27 April 17:- AOR
6 Jun 17:- Med cleared

Since then it's no update, tried sending e-form query but the response reads like this:- if you have not received a response by now, please send a query again.
I am outside Canada hence can't call them, tried but the call never went through, is there a number on which I can reach them from India/outside of Canada.
It seems that life has come to a standstill since I entered this process 2 years back.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

vaev108

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Category........
CEC
Yes it first changed to additional documents you have provided is being reviewed. It then changed to no document required at this time. Then PPR came.
Hi 2nde2alker,
Thank you for your kind reply.
if you dont mind would you mention when exactly or how many days it took for your adr status changed from 'REVIEWED' to 'not needed' and after how many days your ppr came.
sorry if i am bothering you too much.
thanks in advance

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
This is the nature of IRCC. You just have to wait it out. If your eligibility is cleared, you are all good. Security is a time consuming job, and if you are stuck there, then nothing much can be done.
Yeah, I guess I wait. It just seems unfair that I'm being made to wait for years while people who applied just 2 months ago are already in Canada. With a CRS score of 480 I thought I had an advantage. Silly me.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi

I am an EE candidate, with timelines as below

27 April 17:- AOR
6 Jun 17:- Med cleared

Since then it's no update, tried sending e-form query but the response reads like this:- if you have not received a response by now, please send a query again.
I am outside Canada hence can't call them, tried but the call never went through, is there a number on which I can reach them from India/outside of Canada.
It seems that life has come to a standstill since I entered this process 2 years back.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Call this number +16139444000. You might be on hold for over 40 mins so plan accordingly.

2nde2alker

Dec 22, 2014
Hi 2nde2alker,
Thank you for your kind reply.
if you dont mind would you mention when exactly or how many days it took for your adr status changed from 'REVIEWED' to 'not needed' and after how many days your ppr came.
sorry if i am bothering you too much.
thanks in advance
About 3 to 4 days.

Seemal Saqib

Nov 8, 2017
I am starting this new thread to have a discussion with applicants whose background check went to in progress and are waiting for the PPR. I believe that for inland applicants the BGC goes to in progress very soon after the application is filed, but for the outland applicants it is the last step in their application process. Recently the trend was also seen applicants whose BGC went in progress received PPR within a day or two, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

If you are one of them whose BGC went to in progress, please share your timelines. For those who are still, lets see what data we can find and chat while things are hopefully moving.
BGC start since April 19 2017 still waiting for PPR.

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
Dear all,
Would you please guide me about my current status in work permit application? I want to know what exactly is being evaluated now? and what will be next stage?

My application status is as follows:
- Application status:
- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
- Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: Completed.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

and My Timeline:
Submission Confirmation: Nov 19, 2017
Biometrics Collection Letter: Nov 20, 2017
Police Certificate Request: Nov 24, 2017
Giving Biometrics: Dec 4, 2017
Uploading Police Certificate: Dec 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your advice.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
My BOWP is approved in 50 days. I hope, l am safe and my PR application would get rejected

Oct 31, 2015
Hello,

My medical have been passed since mid October 2017 and i m just waiting and waiting for my PPR. (past 4 months)

Can someone let me know the time it takes after Medical Clearance till PPR issuance on average. Just an estimate of roughly how many months.

Also, is it true that PPR issuance can at times stretch well beyond the medical eligibility year? Like my medical will expire on July 12, 2018. Will I be issued PPR before it or it can even go beyond it?

Last edited:

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello,

My medical have been passed since mid October 2017 and i m just waiting and waiting for my PPR. (past 4 months)

Can someone let me know the time it takes after Medical Clearance till PPR issuance on average. Just an estimate of roughly how many months.

Also, is it true that PPR issuance can at times stretch well beyond the medical eligibility year? Like my medical will expire on July 12, 2018. Will I be issued PPR before it or it can even go beyond it?
Passing medicals is not the ONLY prerequisite for PPR. Your application is probably in the Background check phase right now which, in my experience, is the lengthiest part of the application.
Yes, the processing of an application can sometimes stretch long enough to the point that the medicals expire. My medicals expired and I was asked to repeat them.
Good luck.