+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting + 3 months since test/interview to DM. Anyone else?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
REMINDERS:

For applications submitted October 2017 through December 2017, and ROUTINELY processed, many have taken the oath but MANY MORE will have to wait until later in the year, some rather late in the year, and between more-than-a-few and many will have to WAIT UNTIL EARLY NEXT YEAR. It is NOT possible to forecast the timeline any better than that.

Unless the applicant qualifies for urgent processing, there is virtually NOTHING the applicant can do to accelerate the timeline. (With exceptions; these are too rare to bother being distracted by them.)

There is NO HINT, none at all, that any of the following will either trigger IRCC to act sooner or provide information which an applicant can use to make anything happen sooner:
-- Call centre telephone inquiries
-- Webform queries
-- Queries or requests to MP
-- ATIP request for copy of GCMS report notes​

Again, NONE of these is likely to make ANY DIFFERENCE, NONE at ALL.

For those not yet scheduled for the oath, the notice could come any day, or later in the Fall, perhaps not until late in the year, and for more than a few it will not happen until next year. Between now and then all the applicant can do, effectively do, is WAIT or . . . for those who prefer, efficacy aside, they can WAIT-n-WHINE (the latter can come in a variety of fashions, ranging from whimpers to rants, but the outcome is the same).

A DISTINCTION OR TWO:

Mine almost same
i got RQ and figure print on end of December i replied on January
did you got RQ OR figure print
There is a big, BIG difference between RQ (RQ-lite CIT 0520; or full-blown RQ CIT 0171) and the Quality Assurance Exercise request (PPQ-QAE CIT 0205).

It appears you received the latter, the PPQ-QAE. And, again, this is a HUGE difference.

I applied on oct 16
IP dec 5
Quality assurance letter Dec 15
Submit all document for Quality assurance on jan 20
Applicants who have received the PPQ-QAE are probably NOT ROUTINE, but there are many indications they are NOT much different than routinely processed applicants. Reports indicate they are proceeding through the process, to test, Decision-Made, and taking the oath, comparable to ROUTINELY processed applicants. Thus, some have already taken the oath. Some have DM status and will likely be scheduled for the oath relatively soon. Many others are, just like ROUTINE applicants generally, still in WAIT mode . . . and no reason to think their wait will be any less or much more than other routinely processing applications.

In contrast, RQ'd applicants . . . especially those issued the full-blown RQ CIT 0171, those are NOT routine applications, and NOT anywhere near routine. SOME RQ'd applicants have reported not much of a delay, but the usual RQ'd applicant's timeline is at the least several months longer, with many months approaching a year longer being common. These days, CIT 0171 almost always means that IRCC has overt suspicions about the applicant . . . either a specific doubt about the applicant's qualification or serious concerns about the veracity of the information provided by the applicant. These days RQ is a big deal.

Routine versus non-routine:

This distinction is not as clear-cut as it may seem. Some non-routine processing is no big deal at all. Finger print requests are usually not a problem (assuming the applicant is qualified, not subject to any prohibitions, and timely submits the finger prints). As already noted, it does not appear that the PPQ-QAE qualify assurance exercise makes much of a difference SO LONG AS, of course, the applicant timely and appropriately submits the requested information and documentation.

These days, it appears more and more that WHEN the non-routine process takes place may indicate how much impact it is likely to have. The PPQ-QAE and many finger print requests and other requests which applicants receive BEFORE being scheduled for the test, seem to have LESS negative impact on the timeline. Requests received at or after the test appear to correlate with INCREASED timelines. But the latter varies widely. Finger print requests at or after the test, for example, have a more visible impact on the timeline than those earlier in the process. So how much they slow things down is UNCERTAIN. On the other hand, RQ related requests at or after the test have a more obvious and typically bigger impact, tending to add many months to the timeline.

As I have oft emphasized: most of what will negatively impact the timeline BEYOND the variability of the routine timeline (current routine timeline appears to vary between 6 to 14 months) will relate to something the applicant knows or should easily know (if he or she seriously and objectively thinks about it).

Thus, for applicants who truly can think of NO reason to worry, even if the timeline drifts toward the longer end of the range, to a YEAR or plus some even, odds are still very good there is NOTHING to WORRY about, the timeline is still is ROUTINE. But of course the applicant still has to wait, and call centre, webform, MP, or GCMS queries are NOT at all likely to help or change or lead to change how long it takes.

bslk

Jun 7, 2018
7 months since test, no DM (applied in May 2017). Who is waiting longer?
Scarborough office.

bslk

Jun 7, 2018
Did you got fingerprint RQ
What the officer tell you when you did your test
No fingerprint, we have absolutely routine case. The officer shown us a date of application and told about processing time until May 2018.

May 2017 ??? you took the test on Jan? what happened after 12 months process did you contact them if yes what did they say?
Yes, in Jan. Me and my husband called IRCC and got the answer "everything is ok, no any documents are needed, just wait".

Last edited:

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
No fingerprint, we have absolutely routine case. The officer shown us a date of application and told about processing time until May 2018.

Yes, in Jan. Me and my husband called IRCC and got the answer "everything is ok, no any documents are needed, just wait".
they didn't tell you why it takes so long where is the application and why it got stock? it passed 12 months they should tell you what is happening

k.said

Mar 7, 2018
7 months since test, no DM (applied in May 2017). Who is waiting longer?
Scarborough office.
Seriously ??
You have applied on May 2017 and still no DM ?
I may recommend that you call them on daily basis ;)
It's absolutely ridiculous... it's start turning into joke this big delay !!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Seriously ??
You have applied on May 2017 and still no DM ?
I may recommend that you call them on daily basis ;)
It's absolutely ridiculous... it's start turning into joke this big delay !!
I would not recommand daily basis, every call is recorded and it may backfire at you

I would recommand beside calling them, contacting MP if not already done

bslk

Jun 7, 2018
they didn't tell you why it takes so long where is the application and why it got stock? it passed 12 months they should tell you what is happening
"it happens", and for my question "how long it can be" the answer: "Sometimes it takes 8 (!!!!) years, depends of a case.

I've decided to wait until 1,5 years and start to contact MP, maybe lawer

Reactions: oomuchi