+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VO Winnipeg Lets connect here

AutumnLeaves

Mar 25, 2018
There isnt. Winnipeg VO comes under Vancouver... so there is nothing you can do about it. I tried to raise CSEs and I get a reply that it has been forwarded to the appropriate Visa office but then I never hear back again.
hey, what does it mean by "Winnipeg VO comes under Vancouver"? Im aware that my application is still at its early stage with only MEP and that it is in Vancouver VO.

Thanks

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
Greetings.
The delays experienced by applications sent to Winnipeg VO is a serious cause for concern. I am an Outland FSW PR applicant and my application is already passed 7months. It is not likely that the situation with old or new applications sent to Winnipeg VO for processing is going to change any time soon. I would suggest that we escalate this issue of delayed processing in order to change or modify the approach/behavior of the Winnipeg VO, which significantly impacts personal planning. Can we begin a petition on social media or make our voices heared by contacting the Minister and IRCC via their official Twitter handle to present our complaints?
Please share your opinion.

Reactions: Hopeful007

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Greetings.
The delays experienced by applications sent to Winnipeg VO is a serious cause for concern. I am an Outland FSW PR applicant and my application is already passed 7months. It is not likely that the situation with old or new applications sent to Winnipeg VO for processing is going to change any time soon. I would suggest that we escalate this issue of delayed processing in order to change or modify the approach/behavior of the Winnipeg VO, which significantly impacts personal planning. Can we begin a petition on social media or make our voices heared by contacting the Minister and IRCC via their official Twitter handle to present our complaints?
I was thinking of going to MP, but I guess we could try writing to the minister or Ralph Goodale.

Reactions: Shapphy$

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
I was thinking of going to MP, but I guess we could try writing to the minister or Ralph Goodale.
Thanks for the feedback.
I understand Ralph Goodale is now overwhelmed with complaints so much so he doesn’t respond to individuals as he used to.

Further to your suggestion, I think we should email the PM, the Minister for IRCC and copy the current MP for Manitoba who are of Liberal party.

I believe that with at least 20 different emails from this group something will be done about it.

I suggest that the emails should be addressed in the following format:

To: Justin Trudeau, Ahmed Hussen
Cc: Liberal members of parliament-Manitoba. https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members?currentOnly=true&province=MB
Subject: Winnipeg Local Visa Office-Delayed Processing of PR Application

Please let’s try to figure out the email addresses of everyone so indicated.

Probable next steps after this will be to take this issue to Twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: sumylili

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Greetings.
hey Shapphy, I'm stuck with winnipeg. Any idea about the processing time here? I feel like not so many ppl with Winnipeg.

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
hey Shapphy, I'm stuck with winnipeg. Any idea about the processing time here? I feel like not so many ppl with Winnipeg.
Hi Naten. What is your AOR? I got my notes yesterday and this is so frustrating..

Primary Office: Winnipeg
Secondary Office: Edmonton
AOR: Nov 14th
CEC inland
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed

Reactions: Shapphy$

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
Hello naten, To be “stuck with” is the right description for Winnipeg. From what other forum members have experienced, it is snail speed with Winnipeg VO which is really sad. This situation is also complicated by the non-availability of means to directly contact with the VO. It’s possible that officers are overwhelmed with cases or there’s no real incentive for proactively processing applications. I think it’s important to raise awareness to our observations with this VO.
When was your AOR?

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
Hi Naten. What is your AOR? I got my notes yesterday and this is so frustrating..

Primary Office: Winnipeg
Secondary Office: Edmonton
AOR: Nov 14th
CEC inland
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Hi Sumylili, I’m pleased to read about the update with your application. I don’t think it’s bad. Actually, I think it’s impressive given that not all candidates are selected for Security check which leaves the ongoing Criminality check as the only outstanding step. This steps doesn’t take long IMO. Please confirm that you background check indicates that it is being processed. i.e. what some peps refer to as IP2? I think your PPR is closer than you think :)

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Hi Sumylili, I’m pleased to read about the update with your application. I don’t think it’s bad. Actually, I think it’s impressive given that not all candidates are selected for Security check which leaves the ongoing Criminality check as the only outstanding step. This steps doesn’t take long IMO. Please confirm that you background check indicates that it is being processed. i.e. what some peps refer to as IP2? I think your PPR is closer than you think :)
Hi Shapphy$! Thanks for your input. I wasn't aware that sometimes they skip Security check. I really hope this is my case. And yes, I think I am in IP2 now. Last time, my agent sent me my status my background check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." However, I requested my notes on Feb 29 and apparently my file has not been touch since Jan 31 I believe. So, I am not sure if my PPR is coming soon...

What was your AOR?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hello naten, To be “stuck with” is the right description for Winnipeg. From what other forum members have experienced, it is snail speed with Winnipeg VO which is really sad. This situation is also complicated by the non-availability of means to directly contact with the VO. It’s possible that officers are overwhelmed with cases or there’s no real incentive for proactively processing applications. I think it’s important to raise awareness to our observations with this VO.
When was your AOR?
Mine is July 27 which means it already 8 months. I have raised several cses so u don’t know what to do now. Are you in security screening?

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
Hi Shapphy$! Thanks for your input. I wasn't aware that sometimes they skip Security check. I really hope this is my case. And yes, I think I am in IP2 now. Last time, my agent sent me my status my background check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." However, I requested my notes on Feb 29 and apparently my file has not been touch since Jan 31 I believe. So, I am not sure if my PPR is coming soon...

What was your AOR?
You’ll be fine. My AOR was August 16 :-(

Shapphy$

Mar 22, 2019
Mine is July 27 which means it already 8 months. I have raised several cses so u don’t know what to do now. Are you in security screening?
I understand, that’s already 2 additional months of unwarranted anxiety. It’s highly probable I was pick for security screening. Some schools of thought think only those selected for security screening have their files sent to Winnipeg VO. However, timelines for some WinVO candidates I’ve seen on this forum would suggest otherwise

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
I understand, that’s already 2 additional months of unwarranted anxiety. It’s highly probable I was pick for security screening. Some schools of thought think only those selected for security screening have their files sent to Winnipeg VO. However, timelines for some WinVO candidates I’ve seen on this forum would suggest otherwise
Have you guys tried ordering the notes?

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I think usually they send applications to local offices if you answer yes to any of the statutory questions.