Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Interview........
01 MAR 2017
Passport Req..
05-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2018
After receiving a Procedural Fairness letter, it is virtually impossible to prove that the intention to misrepresent was not there and/or that the visa officer has erred in issuing the letter. It does not help to say this: Wish you had realized this mistake even a day before the Procedural Fairness letter was issued.

It's a tough situation. The hard truth is that we have seen cases where visas were cancelled/revoked even if misrepresentation was detected several months/years later.

Do expect the worst, but continue to hope for the best
thats really sad for me then. it was a serious misunderstanding as you read the Question been asked, mention earlier.
i hope they asked the different reason else this one as we dont have any sold knowledge.
finger cross !

thanks for the help
cheers

Jawad17

Aug 14, 2017
Dear Bryanna,

I applied for Canada TRV through local VFS here in Saudi Arabia on 6th Dec 2018 and current status is "Application is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, RIYADH.

Note: My U.S visa is valid for 10 yrs and it's a family application and VFS stamped application for processing under CAN+ category. I was also granted working holiday visa to the U.K during 2008 and 2010 and returned to my home country within the validity of my visa. However, I have been refused UK Tier 1 Visa during 2010 (Visa refused for submitting online bank statements) and I have also attached my old passports along with the application to Canada. Do they verify the information with the U.K immigration department for all applications?

While filling the application form I selected no for previous visa refusals without any intention of misguiding (just couldn't interpret the question correctly).

Kindly advice if I need to inform the visa officer about the mistake or wait for a decision. Since I don't want to jeopardize any future applications to Canada.

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JM

Uriky

Aug 14, 2019
Hi
To answer your previous question, basically as long as an applicant is honest about previous visa refusals/denied entry to any country before IRCC figures it out, then there's nothing to worry about. IRCC will check the facts to confirm that the visa refusal was not for some reason that could affect the Canada visa/immigration status of that applicant.

However, if someone was deported (from say, the US) and created a completely new identity + did not declare this US deportation then this is a clear case of misrepresentation. IRCC has ways of catching this out. We have come across at least two people, a few months ago, who were attempting to do this.

Basically, one must be honest always because every visa application is assessed for its individual merits
Hi Bryanna, after reading much here i think you can help me too. A week ago i received a procedural Fairness Letter, i answered NO to a question asking whether i have ever been refused refugee status or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country. In 2016 i was denied a US student visa but when reading the question there's no where they mentioned student visa. And now it's a big problem. I'm composing an explanation letter but is this understandable? Is he likely to understand that i misunderstood the question? Any similar case?
Hi,

Do you have a previous visa refusal/were you denied entry to any country (not just to Canada or the US)?