+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Apr 30, 2017
No, lack of travel history is not a ground to refuse an applicant. Everyone has to start traveling abroad at some point in time.

You need to post the list of documents you intend to submit. We can then advise
Thanks a zillion Bryanna.
find below the list of documents I intend to include in my application

1. Application form
2 family information form
3. Employment Letter
4. Last promotion letter
5. three months payslip
6. leave approval letter
7 six months statement of account showing my salary details
8. cars documents
9. provisional hotel reservation
10. conference invitation letter
11. Tax clearance certificate
12. company I.d card
13. drivers license
14. passport photos
15 letter addressed to the embassy showing itinery of my stay (two weeks)
16. international passport
17. photos and certiticate of conference attended in the past organised by my company in my home country
18. sworn affidavit by the high court.etcetera.
Kindly advice me if I need to add other documents

regards.

Apr 30, 2017
Thanks a zillion Bryanna.
find below the list of documents I intend to include in my application

1. Application form
2 family information form
3. Employment Letter
4. Last promotion letter
5. three months payslip
6. leave approval letter
7 six months statement of account showing my salary details
8. cars documents
9. provisional hotel reservation
10. conference invitation letter
11. Tax clearance certificate
12. company I.d card
13. drivers license
14. passport photos
15 letter addressed to the embassy showing itinery of my stay (two weeks)
16. international passport
17. photos and certiticate of conference attended in the past organised by my company in my home country
18. sworn affidavit by the high court.etcetera.
Kindly advice me if I need to add other documents

regards.
19. children birth certificates
20. my birthday certificate
21. marriage certificate
22. wedding and family photos

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
19. children birth certificates
20. my birthday certificate
21. marriage certificate
22. wedding and family photos
First, the non-relevant documents (do not include them):
1. Your birth certificate + your wedding and family photos + your drivers license + sworn affidavit

Two weeks visit is too long to attend a conference. You must prove/explain why you want to visit for this long.

Documents you must also include:
1. Brochure or web page prints giving more information about the conference

2. Letter issued by your employer confirming that you will attend the conference + all expenses (airfare, stay, etc) will be paid by your employer (and not by you) + 6 months bank statement of your employer

3. A brief explanation why you and not someone else must attend this conference + how it is relevant to the work you do

4. A day-by-day detailed itinerary of what you will do when you visit with expense estimates for everything.

5. Evidence that your family lives at the same address. Do you have any other dependent family members such as your parents/in-laws?

6. Evidence that you pay/paid for your children's education + a couple of utility bill receipts

7. Property/land ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + property valuation (either by yourself or by a CA) + excerpts from relevant realty reports/property portals to confirm the indicative market rates

8. Evidence of financial investments such as bank term deposits, recurring deposits, pension funds, shares/stocks, insurance, etc + highlight the ones which can be liquidated, if required

9. 2-3 months credit card statements + state the credit card spending limits + you will bring these cards for your visit

10. Do ensure there are no last-minute large deposits in your bank account + include an explanation to prove it was earned by you

Apr 30, 2017
First, the non-relevant documents (do not include them):
1. Your birth certificate + your wedding and family photos + your drivers license + sworn affidavit

Two weeks visit is too long to attend a conference. You must prove/explain why you want to visit for this long.

Documents you must also include:
1. Brochure or web page prints giving more information about the conference

2. Letter issued by your employer confirming that you will attend the conference + all expenses (airfare, stay, etc) will be paid by your employer (and not by you) + 6 months bank statement of your employer

3. A brief explanation why you and not someone else must attend this conference + how it is relevant to the work you do

4. A day-by-day detailed itinerary of what you will do when you visit with expense estimates for everything.

5. Evidence that your family lives at the same address. Do you have any other dependent family members such as your parents/in-laws?

6. Evidence that you pay/paid for your children's education + a couple of utility bill receipts

7. Property/land ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + property valuation (either by yourself or by a CA) + excerpts from relevant realty reports/property portals to confirm the indicative market rates

8. Evidence of financial investments such as bank term deposits, recurring deposits, pension funds, shares/stocks, insurance, etc + highlight the ones which can be liquidated, if required

9. 2-3 months credit card statements + state the credit card spending limits + you will bring these cards for your visit

10. Do ensure there are no last-minute large deposits in your bank account + include an explanation to prove it was earned by you

I quite appreciate your swift response Sir.

Pls be aware that this comference is being sponsored by myself not my employer. why I suggest sworn affidavit is because it has a legal consequence but since you mentioned that it is needless,I won't put it. I will be waiting for a reply.Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I quite appreciate your swift response Sir.

Pls be aware that this comference is being sponsored by myself not my employer. why I suggest sworn affidavit is because it has a legal consequence but since you mentioned that it is needless,I won't put it. I will be waiting for a reply.Thanks.
I'm not a Sir :)

Any affidavit regardless of who is paying for your visit carries no weight at all + is not considered by the visa officer.

Is this conference connected to your current work?

Have you attended other similar conferences where you had paid the fees/hotel stay?

Apr 30, 2017
I'm not a Sir :)

Any affidavit regardless of who is paying for your visit carries no weight at all + is not considered by the visa officer.

Is this conference connected to your current work?

Have you attended other similar conferences where you had paid the fees/hotel stay?
Yes, the conference is connected to my current position

I have also attended a similar conference in the past in my home country which I paid for singlehandedly.

I decided to travel in July 2017 because the conference coincided with my annual leave period which is 25 working days but decided to spend two weeks for the trip to canada since I have enough fund to sponsor myself.
Is it not possible to singlehandedly sponsored self for such purpose?
Pls I need more clarification.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, the conference is connected to my current position

I have also attended a similar conference in the past in my home country which I paid for singlehandedly.

I decided to travel in July 2017 because the conference coincided with my annual leave period which is 25 working days but decided to spend two weeks for the trip to canada since I have enough fund to sponsor myself.
Is it not possible to singlehandedly sponsored self for such purpose?
Pls I need more clarification.
Thanks
I would advise you NOT apply for a Canada TRV. You would probably be refused for 'Purpose of visit'.

As the conference is connected to your current work, but your employer is not paying all expenses for attending the conference + you intend to visit during your annual leave period, the visa officer will not be convinced that you have genuine reasons to visit Canada

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
That's great. I think there's some chance.

If a passport isn't submitted within 30 days, the status would've changed to 'Closed/refused'.

Do send an email + a CSE to the relevant visa office:
1. Acknowledge receiving the passport request now

2. Explain the passport request does not appear in the MyCIC account (include a screenshot)

3. Request confirmation to allow you to submit the passport now
Thanks Byranna,

I have mailed them as you suggested and got positive response.

Dear Applicant,
Kindly be advised that since your application is still in progress you can submit your passport at your nearest VFS centre for finalization of your case.

Since the date onpassport requestletter is Feb 16 which is 3 months old, While sending passport for stamping, may I provide a letter explaining the whole scenario and provide that email received from Chandigarh Immigration center as proof .

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
That's great. I think there's some chance.

If a passport isn't submitted within 30 days, the status would've changed to 'Closed/refused'.

Do send an email + a CSE to the relevant visa office:
1. Acknowledge receiving the passport request now

2. Explain the passport request does not appear in the MyCIC account (include a screenshot)

3. Request confirmation to allow you to submit the passport now
Thanks Byranna,

Dear Applicant,
Kindly be advised that since your application is still in progress you can submit your passport at your nearest VFS centre for finalization of your case.

Since the date onpassport requestletter is Feb 16 which is 3 months old, While sending passport for stamping, may I provide a letter explaining the whole scenario and provide that email received from Chandigarh Immigration center as proof .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Byranna,

Dear Applicant,

Fantastic :)

Yes, you must include the passport request letter + the email attachment received from the CHD VO + an explanation for the delay.

It will work

Apr 30, 2017
I would advise you NOT apply for a Canada TRV. You would probably be refused for 'Purpose of visit'.

As the conference is connected to your current work, but your employer is not paying all expenses for attending the conference + you intend to visit during your annual leave period, the visa officer will not be convinced that you have genuine reasons to visit Canada
Thanks. Pls what's your final word for me as I intend to visit Canada in July. Are you saying I should involve my employer ? if yes,what's are the requirements do I need to ask from my employer?
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks. Pls what's your final word for me as I intend to visit Canada in July. Are you saying I should involve my employer ? if yes,what's are the requirements do I need to ask from my employer?
Thanks
As you do not have any Travel History + no previous history of traveling abroad to attend any work-related conferences paid by you, the chances of a TRV refusal are high.

Even if your employer pays for you to attend the conference, the visa officer may question why you want to travel to Canada (in specific) if similar conferences are held in your home country or in the region where you live.

Another question would be: Why you and not another employee is being sponsored to attend this conference