+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
I have applied on May 8th, VFS office in Hyderabad, India.

Currently the VFS tracking details mention that, following is the status of my wife passport - "Visa application, tracking ID No.20170508INHYTRV***** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna for the reply.
One query - I understand that for an immigration officer, the application form details becomes primary source of information; and the rest all documents (passport copies and original passports that we have submitted becomes secondary source of information or only supporting information).
This is not true. All documents/evidence submitted + the application are considered in equal measure.

But does the immigration officer wait till the 40 day period (approx. time after my application filing) to validate my application and reject or acknowledge the error and requests for data correction ?
No idea where you found a reference to a 40-day wait as the current estimated processing time is about 24 days.

Other visa office staff check an application to make sure it is complete in every way before reaches the visa officer for evaluation. So, an application is not kept on hold for 40 days before it is checked for any additional information/requests for data correction.

And from my end to validate the data loaded for in CIC office- i'll try linking my paper application to online CIC account.
You are NOT *validating* the data loaded by linking your paper application to your online account. Linking only allows you to check for any updates as compared to the paper process.

Linking an application is not a validation process. Your wife's application will continue being processed even if you do not link her application.

BTW you have applied very recently. The application has not crossed the current 24 days estimated processing time posted on the IRCC website. You'll have to wait until June Week 1 (if you do not get a decision) before you can contact IRCC

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thank you Bryanna for your reply.
I agree with you regarding the timelines and the application cross checking by the immigration visa staff, since there would be standard processes in place for reviewing an application; before being forwarded to the VISA officer for a final decision.

Earlier, I was just wondering what is the application data (in correct/ correct passport validity information) that would have been fed into CIC system, since i need to enter the passport details to link a paper application to my online CIC account.

And seems like- i'll have to wait till June 1st or 2nd week to hear from the CIC immigration.
Appreciate all your efforts for being in detail to my queries/ comments. Thank you once again.

arhaan2016

May 27, 2017
HELLO BRYANNA

I APPLIED VISITOR VISA ONLINE FOR MY 6 MONTHS OLD SON ON 12 TH MAY HAVING INDIAN PASSPORT

HE IS ALSO HAVING VALID US VISA
WE BOTH PARENTS ARE ALSO HAVING VALID VISA OF CANADA WHICH I HAVE MENTIONED IN LETTER OF EXPLANATION

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
PASSPORT
US VISA COPY
PHOTO

PROCESSING TIMES

AFTER SUBMISSION 2 MAILS REGARDING UPDATION HAVE COME

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bi

visitor visa. We are going on holiday. We had already been to canada 2-3 times
Do include the scanned US visa of your son, and request the visa office to process his TRV application under CAN+ (faster processing).

Are you also visiting the US? Do you have confirmed flight tickets? If yes, include copies of this and request for expedited processing.

You should have also included your 6 months bank statement(s).

You can combine all these documents as a single PDF file and upload through the IRCC Web form + email it to the correct visa office for your region/state..... and request them to consider it

arhaan2016

May 27, 2017
Do include the scanned US visa of your son, and request the visa office to process his TRV application under CAN+ (faster processing).

Are you also visiting the US? Do you have confirmed flight tickets? If yes, include copies of this and request for expedited processing.

You should have also included your 6 months bank statement(s).

You can combine all these documents as a single PDF file and upload through the IRCC Web form + email it to the correct visa office for your region/state..... and request them to consider it
Ok thanks

visa123

May 2, 2017
Hello Bryanna
I applied online on Apr 2, my application is still in progress. 25 days since sending a cse (no reply)..
What happens now when my purpose of travel is not satisfied? I have to be in canada on June 9 for my son's graduation (which is the reason for which I applied) and it is not going to happen now. Do they still see the purpose of visit as a valid reason even though the visa officer knows I can't make it??

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna
I applied online on Apr 2, my application is still in progress. 25 days since sending a cse (no reply)..
What happens now when my purpose of travel is not satisfied? I have to be in canada on June 9 for my son's graduation (which is the reason for which I applied) and it is not going to happen now. Do they still see the purpose of visit as a valid reason even though the visa officer knows I can't make it??

Thanks
Did you also send an email to the visa office?

No, the visa officer does not consider the applicant's intended travel dates to process the application. Hope you have also included other reasons to visit, typically that of tourism/meeting family, etc..... and not just the graduation ceremony

visa123

May 2, 2017
Did you also send an email to the visa office?

No, the visa officer does not consider the applicant's intended travel dates to process the application. Hope you have also included other reasons to visit, typically that of tourism/meeting family, etc..... and not just the graduation ceremony
Thank you for your reply..

Sent an e-mail just 2 days back to bangalore and delhi office..

I have mentioned in the letter of explanation the graduation ceremony as my main purpose of visit and also about visiting few other places with my son. Hope that would be good.
What I don't understand is that my wife and I applied together online and she got the visa in 25 days.. And I am the primary applicant and I work in a private company (i heard govt. workers may undergo background checks which may cause delay). Also most of the supporting documents were uploaded in my application including proof of funds. I was hoping that I would get it in the next couple of weeks but its now 2 months.
So just want to know if you have heard about any similar cases?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So just want to know if you have heard about any similar cases?
I'm guessing there's something in your professional or personal profile which could be delaying a decision.
1. Does your work profile entail working with any government departments or sensitive information?
2. Have you traveled to any high-risk country?
3. I'm running out of guesses. Maybe you know what the reason is.

I recently advised someone (Iranian living in Netherlands) whose wife received a TRV within a few days but his visa was delayed due to background checks. He had gone through mandatory military service. However, as he had not served in the military as such, his background check was completed pretty quickly

visa123

May 2, 2017
I'm guessing there's something in your professional or personal profile which could be delaying a decision.
1. Does your work profile entail working with any government departments or sensitive information?
2. Have you traveled to any high-risk country?
3. I'm running out of guesses. Maybe you know what the reason is.

I recently advised someone (Iranian living in Netherlands) whose wife received a TRV within a few days but his visa was delayed due to background checks. He had gone through mandatory military service. However, as he had not served in the military as such, his background check was completed pretty quickly
1. No my work is in a private audit company-just some internal accounts,nothing related to govt companies.
2. No, I have not traveled to any country before.
3. I cant think of any possible reason as to why the delay. Even if it was for security,employment,financial checks, my guess is that all would have been done by now.

I have run out of guesses too.lol.. Just waiting and hoping for a positive outcome.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. No my work is in a private audit company-just some internal accounts,nothing related to govt companies.
2. No, I have not traveled to any country before.
3. I cant think of any possible reason as to why the delay. Even if it was for security,employment,financial checks, my guess is that all would have been done by now.

I have run out of guesses too.lol.. Just waiting and hoping for a positive outcome.
Yours is an online application. So it's a guessing-game as to which visa office in the world is processing your application. Your wife was lucky (maybe her app was processed by a visa office dealing with fewer applications).

Hopefully you will get a reply to your emails in 1-2 days (the ones you wrote to NDVO and Bangalore). They might even let you know where your application is being processed. And, from what I've seen, things start to speed up after getting these replies