09-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Interview........
Waived off
Hi all,

I am applying for regular visitor visa to my parents. I made my father primary applicant and my mother as accompanying. I filled 'purpose of travel' for my father as 'to visit friends/family' . How to answer this question for my mother?

1. Why is your family member visiting Canada?
Should I select "Visit - Tourism" or "Visit - All other types"?

I selected Visit - All other types.

What should I upload for 'Purpose of Travel - Other (required)'? They are coming here to visit me and will be here for 3-4 months. Should I just prepare word doc and say, purpose of travel as "To visit daughter and her family". I didn't book their tickets yet and will book only after visa is confirmed.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

I noticed my visa was given for 6 month n single entry. My wife will apply for her extension of permit tonight. Do u think if fhe secures her permit then ill b able to extend or change my visa to open work permit within canada?

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:
As the Bangalore VO has already forwarded your email to NDVO (things are moving) + you have sent three CSEs so far. I suggest you do not send another CSE/email to NDVO
Hi Bryanna,

Yesterday, my Father's passport got dispatched from Bangalore and his application status has changed to "Approved"

Still no update to Mom's application. :(

-Sri

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
iyerSri4Spouse said:
Hi Bryanna,

Yesterday, my Father's passport got dispatched from Bangalore and his application status has changed to "Approved"

Still no update to Mom's application. :(

-Sri
Your mom will get her TRV. It's just a matter of time. NDVO would have noted the changes after receiving the email from the Bangalore VO

Don't worry :)

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:
Your mom will get her TRV. It's just a matter of time. NDVO would have noted the changes after receiving the email from the Bangalore VO

Don't worry :)
I need more of your spirit and patience :).

Hope we receive an update this week.

Thanks,
-Sri.

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
Thank you.
yadav said:
SGA,

processing time really depends sometimes it takes a week to 10 days sometimes a month. I applied feb 7 and was called for an interview on 6th march and usually the officer if satisfied will ask u to collect ur passport the same day from the reception. INterview only takes abt 10 mins unless u keep raising their doubts. gudluck

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
Hi all,
I have a quick question. Do we need to have a medical test done upfront for tourist visa.
Is there a form or something we need to submit to the doctor.
Please advice
TIA
SGA

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
SGA said:
Hi all,
I have a quick question. Do we need to have a medical test done upfront for tourist visa.
Is there a form or something we need to submit to the doctor.
Please advice
TIA
SGA
For TRV less than 6 months we don't need Medicals until asked for!!

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi all,

I have applied on Feb 24th for my Mom. Haven't got any update as of now. Anyone got any update?

And what is your application Status? Mine used to stay "Open" a few days back but now it has changed to

"We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

So is this a system update or the Status has changed showing there is some progress.

jincyraju

Mar 8, 2017
Hi bryanna
I wanted to apply Visitor Visa for my mother .I will be applying from bangalore . do i need to send her a invitation letter.
Proof of my bank statement or Paystub. Please guide me.

Thanks
Jin

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Is there any on arrival visa for Indians to visit Canada? Heard so a new development.
Is that correct?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
mtina said:
Is there any on arrival visa for Indians to visit Canada? Heard so a new development.
Is that correct?
Nopes, its the other way around. India is giving Visa on arrival for Canadians. All Modi fans created this falls news of Canada giving Visa on Arrival for Indians.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
jincyraju said:
Hi bryanna
I wanted to apply Visitor Visa for my mother .I will be applying from bangalore . do i need to send her a invitation letter.
Proof of my bank statement or Paystub. Please guide me.

Thanks
Jin
Hi Jin,

There's a lot more that both you and your mom must submit. I suggest you go through this forum + the Visa Office Instructions/Document checklist posted on the IRCC website for India applicants.

Do post specific queries or the list of documents which you intend to submit, and I will surely help you

Cheers

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much time to get visa/passport back from CIC for online visitor visa application. I have submitted passport to CIC on Mar 3rd. mycic showing as below.

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. 
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. 