+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

unfortunately the person from college is unable to send the LOA as she is not well. im just thinking to print the email exchanges ofm y wife with them. do u think thats a good idea? i can only show the course documents she has completed but nothing ls to prove new course admission yet but the emails sent by the college.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yadav said:
Bryanna,

unfortunately the person from college is unable to send the LOA as she is not well. im just thinking to print the email exchanges ofm y wife with them. do u think thats a good idea? i can only show the course documents she has completed but nothing ls to prove new course admission yet but the emails sent by the college.
Do include it. Do you have tuition fee receipts, etc for her current study program?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
the course that is completed already we got letter from college all dues r paid in she is in good standing. for new college we dont have anything yet as i mentioned the person from new college is sick.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Hello friends,

i have got the visa but only till march end. seems like a waste to me and will not be going. thanks all for support

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
can any1 tell how to extend trv within canada and wat docs shall b required?

My wife could not get the LOA for new course as the college person was unwell. so the visa officer only issued me visa till march end. now since she will have her visa extended there i would also like to have some extension to spend some more time with her.

plz if any1 has done that then plz guide me.

Ashmi

Feb 18, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Hope u see this and reply

I'm getting married in the month of June and to a Canadian citizen and I'm from India. All this while we were planning to do the correct method of Outland sponsorship from India after we are married. But now we are planning to at least try for a visitor visa before we get married mentioning me as a close friend and travel with him after marriage, to at least be with him for next 2 month and come back to India and carry on with the normal process.

I have a job
I can show around 20,000 cad in my account (Fd& salary)
If required I can show property inherited from my parents
But no travel history

My question is
A) is it a good idea to mention me as a friend when in later he is going to sponsor me or is better to ask his parents to invite me (citizen) and avoid his name in visitor visa that I'm going to applying
B) when I land in Canada I'll be married to a Canadian citizen, do I have to declare that to the airport authorities, will it be a problem ( assuming I have got a visitor visa)
C) wil this affect my sponsorship application

Please do suggest something, your help will be greatly appreciated.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

plz suggest what to do? got visa but single entry and only limited time. can i extend visa there if my wife will have her study permit extended already?

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:
It could take even up to a month to get a reply to a CSE.

I don't think the 'London' error in the form is causing the delay. Who is the primary applicant - your mom or your dad?
Hi Bryanna,

I have sent one more CSE on Friday (assuming that now the application is definitely outside avg processing time). As I mentioned, we did sent "Father's - Primary Applicant" passport for stamping on Thursday, and it has reached Bangalore Office (from Ahmedabad)

Very worried about "Mother's" Application, since there is not a single update in CIC Account since Jan 30th (applicant filed on Jan 28th). If they needed any clarification, I suppose we must have got a query already, but nothing. Could it be stuck in some kind of Background check or verification ?

Feels helpless, as there is nothing practical that can be done from my side. Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for all your insights and guidance.

-Sri.

SPSSODHI

Apr 7, 2016
Hi all,

I am sharing my timeline.
Spouse visitor visa applied on 1st march 2017
application still under process

Can anyone please guide me how to link my paper application to online...

Komalpreet

Mar 4, 2017
Attn: Bryanna

You can include an FD interest certificate + letter from the bank that the FD is not mortgaged

Yes we will get a letter from the bank. Should they change their FD terms ...I mean make it cash-able or keep the funds in savings account only to show that those funds are available for use right away?

Do they have any previous travel history? Any dependent family members who live with them - grandparents, etc? Has your dad taken any loans? Does he have farming equipment which he can include as his assets? Does he have any employees?

No they don't have any previous travel history. No grandparents. My grandmother passed away last year. I don't think there are any loans but dad might have a farmer line of credit.
There are farm assets but no purchase receipts were ever kept.
There are no employees either.

Your dad must include a 'Letter of Financial Support' for your mom + a copy of his bank statement with her application.

You can get her jewelry assessed by a certified jeweler apart from the CA. Not sure if Tanishq does this anymore. Also, include any purchase receipts (if available). You can include a statement that she preferred to invest in gold instead of other financial investments.

Will do..Thanks

I don't think the employment letter from the relative will help as your brother is paid in cash. He can certainly include it though + include a letter from the employer that he is paid in cash + 2-3 cash receipts. The letter must be on business stationery.

Letter is on business stationery and he has mentioned full time job but it's more likely less than full time I believe. Salary is less as that's what the employer usually pay welders who don't have any technical education/certification in welding

Is the relative's business registered with the government? Does your brother deposit this cash in his bank account every month?

Business is registered and brother don't deposit cash in the bank every month. He did it only a few times (I think)

One point you may want to explain in the application: Why your brother is employed by your relative (at a relatively low salary) when he earns substantially more from your family farming business?

The actual reason was he wanted to learn and get training in this trade and started working with them so we can eventually apply for PNP.

Yes, it would be a good idea to plan for her engagement ceremony after their visit. For this, do include any evidence of booking a venue/caterer, etc if that's the case

Ok. Yes, we will include the booking confirmations if my family plans her engagement after their visit.

Do your parents own a house? Your brother owns a house? If yes, they must include the ownership documents for it + current market valuation + property tax receipts, etc

My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew lives together. We own the house (land was inherited and we build the house later on). There are no legal documents. It is located in a small village - there is no property tax over there. So, I am not sure what could be included in this case.

Do you any template for day to day itinerary and cover letters?

Thanks again for taking time to help me. I really appreciate !!!!

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Hi need help.

We received the following email from CIC. Does this mean that the TRV is granted for sure or is there still any doubt after this email. Did anyone get a rejection after receiving this email. We applied online. The email states:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as
it provides access to personal information on your file.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yadav said:
can any1 tell how to extend trv within canada and wat docs shall b required?

My wife could not get the LOA for new course as the college person was unwell. so the visa officer only issued me visa till march end. now since she will have her visa extended there i would also like to have some extension to spend some more time with her.

plz if any1 has done that then plz guide me.
Unless your wife first gets an extension before March-end + you travel to Canada before your current visa expires....only then can you apply for an extension/hope to have your visitor status extended. This will probably not happen in reality.

What is the status of your wife currently?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
iyerSri4Spouse said:
Hi Bryanna,

I have sent one more CSE on Friday (assuming that now the application is definitely outside avg processing time). As I mentioned, we did sent "Father's - Primary Applicant" passport for stamping on Thursday, and it has reached Bangalore Office (from Ahmedabad)

Very worried about "Mother's" Application, since there is not a single update in CIC Account since Jan 30th (applicant filed on Jan 28th). If they needed any clarification, I suppose we must have got a query already, but nothing. Could it be stuck in some kind of Background check or verification ?

Feels helpless, as there is nothing practical that can be done from my side. Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for all your insights and guidance.

-Sri.
Does the update to your dad's application say Approved/Closed?

I do not think the visa office is running background checks on your mom. It is possible that they have sought information from the London VO. But again, the London VO is pretty quick.

CSEs can take time. So I would not get stressed out by waiting for a response to a CSE.

Where are your parents based?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SPSSODHI said:
Hi all,

I am sharing my timeline.
Spouse visitor visa applied on 1st march 2017
application still under process

Can anyone please guide me how to link my paper application to online...
This will help:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Do remember that after you link your application to your MyCIC account, you will not receive/not be contacted by email by the visa office. All updates can be checked only in your online account