+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bryanna,

I have a small question. Are there any chances of rejection for visitor visa after passport request.? CIC requested to submit passports for my parents on March 1st 2017. We submitted on March 6th. As per VFS tracking it says passports are in Bangalore. Till now we didn't hear back anything.Little Tensed.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
P@ssw0rd1 said:
Hi Bryanna,

I have a small question. Are there any chances of rejection for visitor visa after passport request.? CIC requested to submit passports for my parents on Match 1st 2017. We submitted on March 6th. Till now we didn't hear back anything.Little Tensed.

Thanks
Yes, there's always some chance of a refusal after a passport request.

Passport transmission could take up to 10 days. Do factor in local holidays + weekends.

Your parents will get their TRVs. Don't worry :)

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
I am applying for visitor visa online for my parents. I am writing an invitation letter. I am writing an explanation letter on my parent's behalf. Now I have a doubt whether signature is required on these letters. Should I print them, sign it, scan them back to upload into the portal?

Should I write a letter stating my parents names belong to them because initials in the front of the name in certain documents, initials at the back of the name in certain document, no surnames used....

Thanks
Madhu

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
madhusanthosh said:
I am applying for visitor visa online for my parents. I am writing an invitation letter. I am writing an explanation letter on my parent's behalf. Now I have a doubt whether signature is required on these letters. Should I print them, sign it, scan them back to upload into the portal?
The invitation letter should be signed by you. The explanation letters should be signed by your parents. You can print these letters, sign, scan and upload them.

Should I write a letter stating my parents names belong to them because initials in the front of the name in certain documents, initials at the back of the name in certain document, no surnames used....
The names stated in their passports + supporting documents (bank statements, your passport/birth certificate, property ownership documents, etc) should match

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi Bryanna,

My passport has my mom's name as Prashanti but her all documents have the name as Prasanti? What should I do now?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
tankala13 said:
Hi Bryanna,

My passport has my mom's name as Prashanti but her all documents have the name as Prasanti? What should I do now?
You can include an affidavit to state that it is the same person

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Bryanna said:
The invitation letter should be signed by you. The explanation letters should be signed by your parents. You can print these letters, sign, scan and upload them.

The names stated in their passports + supporting documents (bank statements, your passport/birth certificate, property ownership documents, etc) should match
In India, we have the practice of using initials rather than Surname. My dad name is N.Sankar. His name in passport is Sankar Natarajan. In Marriage certificate as Sankar.N ...in bank passbook as N.Sankar. So, should I write a statutory declaration saying all these names belong to him and signed by him with an affidavit signature?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
madhusanthosh said:
In India, we have the practice of using initials rather than Surname. My dad name is N.Sankar. His name in passport is Sankar Natarajan. In Marriage certificate as Sankar.N ...in bank passbook as N.Sankar. So, should I write a statutory declaration saying all these names belong to him and signed by him with an affidavit signature?
I don't know what an affidavit signature is.

Your dad has three different variations in his name. If you are a lawyer, you can prepare the affidavit yourself. If you are not a lawyer then your "statutory declaration" will not work

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi all,

Got passport request for my mom today. Applied on 24 Feb, online application. Has the Delhi office shifted from Nehru place? I didn't know that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
tankala13 said:
Hi all,

Got passport request for my mom today. Applied on 24 Feb, online application. Has the Delhi office shifted from Nehru place? I didn't know that.
The Canadian High Commission/visa office has been at Shantipath, Chanakyapuri since ages and ages. Maybe you mean the VAC/VFS office has shifted

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Bryanna said:
The Canadian High Commission/visa office has been at Shantipath, Chanakyapuri since ages and ages. Maybe you mean the VAC/VFS office has shifted
Yes, I meant the VAC/VFS office, they were at Nehru place and Now i think they shifted to Shivaji Terminal Metro station. How can I forget CHC at shantipath. I had to visit them to get my PR stamping done in a day.

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Hi Everyone
I applied Visitor visa for my wife and received this mesage " Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 15/03/2017 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website"

Anyone know what this means

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ramanbeedh said:
Hi Everyone
I applied Visitor visa for my wife and received this mesage " Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 15/03/2017 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website"

Anyone know what this means
It means your wife will most likely get her processed passport tomorrow by Blue Dart couriers