+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
guyfromtoronto said:
Hi need help.

We received the following email from CIC. Does this mean that the TRV is granted for sure or is there still any doubt after this email. Did anyone get a rejection after receiving this email. We applied online. The email states:
A final decision will be taken only after the visa office receives your passport.

Yes, there have been refusals after passports were received. But that was due to other reasons (like not declaring a previous visa refusal, etc).

Think positive. You'll get your TRV :)

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:
Does the update to your dad's application say Approved/Closed?

I do not think the visa office is running background checks on your mom. It is possible that they have sought information from the London VO. But again, the London VO is pretty quick.

CSEs can take time. So I would not get stressed out by waiting for a response to a CSE.

Where are your parents based?
Thanks Bryanna,

My parents are based in Ahmedabad. Dad's Application continues to say "Open", Final Decision - "Not Started" and no other lines have updated status.

Will keep fingers crossed, but I feel really stupid (of myself), if indeed the delay is due to "London trip" mistake in the form. I hope they see my CSE updates, explaining the mistake and consider it.

Is there any chance that this is a technical glitch and some how the secondary application is in LIMBO, and no one is handling it?

-Sri.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Komalpreet said:
Yes we will get a letter from the bank. Should they change their FD terms ...I mean make it cash-able or keep the funds in savings account only to show that those funds are available for use right away?
No, please do not encash the FDs. With interest rates constantly dropping, it would mean losses later if your parents/brother want to make new FDs

If the interest from the FDs is deposited on a regular basis (not cumulative interest) then it means it is not locked-in = can be shown as available funds for the visit

The actual reason was he wanted to learn and get training in this trade and started working with them so we can eventually apply for PNP.
He can mention that he is employed at the relative's business only to gain hands-on work experience. Hence, he is happy to work at a lower salary as compared to his earnings from the farm business. Also, mention that he divides his work time between the farm business and welder work.

Do NOT mention about his intentions to apply for a PNP/immigrate to Canada.

One key point: Both your dad and brother must explain who will manage the farming business when they are away.... or is it the lean farming season(?).... and give some work/farming business reason to return by a specific date (with evidence).

My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew lives together. We own the house (land was inherited and we build the house later on). There are no legal documents. It is located in a small village - there is no property tax over there. So, I am not sure what could be included in this case.
Any documents or local government registration or building plans or utility bills in your parents names?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
iyerSri4Spouse said:
Thanks Bryanna,

My parents are based in Ahmedabad. Dad's Application continues to say "Open", Final Decision - "Not Started" and no other lines have updated status.

Will keep fingers crossed, but I feel really stupid (of myself), if indeed the delay is due to "London trip" mistake in the form. I hope they see my CSE updates, explaining the mistake and consider it.

Is there any chance that this is a technical glitch and some how the secondary application is in LIMBO, and no one is handling it?

-Sri.
Your dad's application shows 'Open' because he is the primary applicant.

Your parents passports will be stamped by the Bangalore visa office (for Gujarat). You could send an email to the Bangalore VO.... include the same CSE details + request them to consider the corrected application form + request for an expedited decision.

As your parents applied online, they apps could be processed by any visa office.... not necessarily Bangalore VO. Hope this email will speed things up/the VO gives some update

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:

Your parents passports will be stamped by the Bangalore visa office (for Gujarat). You could send an email to the Bangalore VO.... include the same CSE details + request them to consider the corrected application form + request for an expedited decision.

As your parents applied online, they apps could be processed by any visa office.... not necessarily Bangalore VO. Hope this email will speed things up/the VO gives some update
By Email you mean, the general inquiry email? i.e. "BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca"

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ashmi said:
Hi Bryanna,

Hope u see this and reply

I'm getting married in the month of June and to a Canadian citizen and I'm from India. All this while we were planning to do the correct method of Outland sponsorship from India after we are married. But now we are planning to at least try for a visitor visa before we get married mentioning me as a close friend and travel with him after marriage, to at least be with him for next 2 month and come back to India and carry on with the normal process.

I have a job
I can show around 20,000 cad in my account (Fd& salary)
If required I can show property inherited from my parents
But no travel history

My question is
A) is it a good idea to mention me as a friend when in later he is going to sponsor me or is better to ask his parents to invite me (citizen) and avoid his name in visitor visa that I'm going to applying
B) when I land in Canada I'll be married to a Canadian citizen, do I have to declare that to the airport authorities, will it be a problem ( assuming I have got a visitor visa)
C) wil this affect my sponsorship application

Please do suggest something, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

1. I would not suggest mentioning that your fiance is a friend/close friend, especially when you are already engaged and will be married soon. It's not a good idea because you will apply for spousal sponsorship/may remain in Canada while your outland PR app is being processed. It would have been different if you were not engaged/marriage is not scheduled.

2. Your options for a TRV are:
a. Apply and be totally honest about your relationship = High chances of a TRV refusal

b. Do you have any relative (extended/immediate family) who can invite you? = Chances you will be approved (depends on your strong ties)

c. Apply for spousal sponsorship.... wait for the file to be transferred and then apply for a TRV = moderate chances/or even zero chances of getting a TRV (completely depends on your strong ties/your documentation must be really solid)

Cheers

Komalpreet

Mar 4, 2017
No, please do not encash the FDs. With interest rates constantly dropping, it would mean losses later if your parents/brother want to make new FDs.

My brother did :( he transferred his funds to his checking account as his FD was locked (I think) and his CA was preparing evaluation documents and my brother didn't want to change the FD terms after CA prepared everything.

If the interest from the FDs is deposited on a regular basis (not cumulative interest) then it means it is not locked-in = can be shown as available funds for the visit

He can mention that he is employed at the relative's business only to gain hands-on work experience. Hence, he is happy to work at a lower salary as compared to his earnings from the farm business. Also, mention that he divides his work time between the farm business and welder work.

Do NOT mention about his intentions to apply for a PNP/immigrate to Canada.

One key point: Both your dad and brother must explain who will manage the farming business when they are away.... or is it the lean farming season(?).... and give some work/farming business reason to return by a specific date (with evidence).

They are planning to visit me in May (first or second week) and that is the lean period (before they start the next crop in June or July).
My cousin will be taking care of the farm while they are here for two weeks.

Any documents or local government registration or building plans or utility bills in your parents names?

They are trying to get the building plans/legal documents to figure out who originally owned the land in our family. We have utility bills on my dad's name and other identity documents showing our permanent house address.

Question:
  • How should I apply for their applications ? Online or Paper
    Should I create my brother's online account and add my parent's application on there and then they can electronically sign the application at the end and pay from there?
  • Does my brother need to include any document related to his son and wife? I mean letter from his son's school confirming his student status or a letter from his wife to show both are dependent on him?
  • Also, my brother is interested in attending a welding course over there. He was trying to get admission last year but the seats were full. He might get admission in the program starting in April. Should he register for the program and get a leave letter from the employer till the time he finishes that program and also visit me in the mean while?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My brother did Sad he transferred his funds to his checking account as his FD was locked (I think) and his CA was preparing evaluation documents and my brother didn't want to change the FD terms after CA prepared everything.
Do include an explanation about the source of this money i.e. encashed an FD and highlight the transaction in the bank statement.

1. I suggest you apply as paper submissions + request the VFS staff to bag all three applications together so that it goes to the same visa officer.

2. If some document is common to all three applications then include one copy in each application.

3. Check for every word, no long sentences, facts count so make most information as point-wise. Give reference numbers to each evidence of each applicant, cross-refer evidence or explanations

4. Yes, include proofs that your sister-in-law and nephew live with your brother at the same address (include this evidence also in your parents' applications) + they depend on your brother

5. Yes, it's a good idea to register for the welding course program. Include the tuition fee receipts + letter from the institute + brochure/website detail of the institute

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

i didnt notice the validity but they have given 6 months valid till sept3.

do u think it will be possible to go there and have extension done. I have been issued a single entry only.

plz advice.

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:

Hi Bryanna,

I did email the Bangalore VO, with all my details yesterday. I received a response that, our application is being processed in New Delhi, and they forwarded the same email to New Delhi mail ID (copying me). I am assuming, I don't need to do it again since they have already forwarded.

I have previously done Online CSE (not directly to New Delhi). Do you think, I should do one more CSE to New Delhi specifically?

Also, co-incidentally the status has now changed slightly (nothing meaningful), but now it has longer descriptions of each status value. Instead of "Open" it says "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Again thanks for your suggestion, hope this moves the application forward.

Thanks,
Sri.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As the Bangalore VO has already forwarded your email to NDVO (things are moving) + you have sent three CSEs so far. I suggest you do not send another CSE/email to NDVO

Komalpreet

Mar 4, 2017
Bryanna said:
Do include an explanation about the source of this money i.e. encashed an FD and highlight the transaction in the bank statement.

1. I suggest you apply as paper submissions + request the VFS staff to bag all three applications together so that it goes to the same visa officer.

2. If some document is common to all three applications then include one copy in each application.

3. Check for every word, no long sentences, facts count so make most information as point-wise. Give reference numbers to each evidence of each applicant, cross-refer evidence or explanations

4. Yes, include proofs that your sister-in-law and nephew live with your brother at the same address (include this evidence also in your parents' applications) + they depend on your brother

5. Yes, it's a good idea to register for the welding course program. Include the tuition fee receipts + letter from the institute + brochure/website detail of the institute

Thanks for all your help Bryanna :)

One more favour - If you have any sample day by day itinerary and letters to visa office as well as invitation letter, could you please inbox me or post it here? I just need an overall idea to start letters for my parents' and brother's applications.

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

What is the current processing time for the temporary visitor visa from Delhi, India. Are the applicants always called in for interview. If yes, then how long does the whole process take?
TIA

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
SGA,

processing time really depends sometimes it takes a week to 10 days sometimes a month. I applied feb 7 and was called for an interview on 6th march and usually the officer if satisfied will ask u to collect ur passport the same day from the reception. INterview only takes abt 10 mins unless u keep raising their doubts. gudluck