+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
new_guy2017 said:
Bryanna,

I got a request for the passport for myself and my spouse and children on the 1st of March (tourist visa, online application) - I am traveling out of the country on the 18th of March and hence was wondering if I should send the passports across- unsure if I can get my passport back in 10 working days (2 weeks) , assuming I deposit it on Monday the 6th - is there any work around for this ? I did trying calling the call center and sent an email too - though got back very generic responses. Will be just back a day after their "submit within 30 days time limit". Any pointers from the forum would be very helpful for me !
Do NOT submit the passports after you return. If you submit after 30 days, your application will be closed and refused.

You can include a letter to request the visa office to expedite the visa stamping + copies of your tickets for the March 18 trip. You can also opt to pick up the passports from VFS instead of having it couriered to your residence

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Komalpreet said:
Hello Everyone and Bryana:

I am looking for some help and guidance in preparing visitor visa application for my family.

I have been in Canada for quite a few years and want my family to visit me and meet my bf. If everything goes well....there would be an engagement or roka ceremony here in Canada.

I have 2 siblings - 1 sister and 1 brother. Sister works full time in IT company and brother has a job too and helps my dad in our family owned farm business.

Brother is married and has a kid who goes to school.

My family will stay in Canada for 2-3 weeks only.

About funds : My parents has $6,000-7000 cash in their accounts. Brother also has about the same.

My brother and dad also own farm property, vehicles etc.

I have around $60,000 funds in my bank accounts earned through full time job here in Canada.

My question is:

Should I apply for my parents only or for everyone or just parents and siblings? .

What documents do I need to submit about my engagement/roka ceremony (As it's not really decided yet)? Should my family plan it first and consider it to be the reason for visiting me?

Should I have the invitation letter written by me and my bf? Do I need to need submit any documents from my to be in law family?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Hi,

Your parents + brother can apply first. Each applicant must prove their individual ties.

The funds in your parents' accounts is less for two individuals. Do they have any other financial investments? Do NOT transfer any money to their accounts.

I suggest the invitation letter should be only from you, not a joint invitation from your boyfriend. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary like typical tourists/spend time with you.

You could include an explanation about how your family business will be managed temporarily when both your dad and brother are visiting + include a work-related reason to return to.

Your brother must prove he has property, family, family-owned business to return to. Your brother must prove that he is earning a regular income and/or he has a legal share in the family business.

Does your sister have previous travel history (the US/UK/Schengen/Australia)? How long has she been working with the current employer?

You can post the individual list of documents for each individual before they apply for better advice

Cheers

new_guy2017

Mar 4, 2017
Bryanna said:
Do NOT submit the passports after you return. If you submit after 30 days, your application will be closed and refused.

You can include a letter to request the visa office to expedite the visa stamping + copies of your tickets for the March 18 trip. You can also opt to pick up the passports from VFS instead of having it couriered to your residence
Bryanna,

Thank you for responding and the direction. Based on your experience - if I include a letter stating I have a trip (with the tickets of course) and ask if I could submit once I am back - are these looked upon favorably ? I can submit the passports for my wife and children right away and mine once I am back

I will be back on the day when the 30 day window completes (got request on 1st March, assume 1st April is the last day before which I need to submit , which happens to be a Saturday anyways )

Given there is no fixed timeline (or business days to get the passports back) I am wondering what to do in this case and if there is any other workaround , if it gets stuck and am unable to get the passports back in a timely manner . The call center said minimum 5 days to get passports back though were unsure of any maximum limit ! Please let me know !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
new_guy2017 said:
Bryanna,

Thank you for responding and the direction. Based on your experience - if I include a letter stating I have a trip (with the tickets of course) and ask if I could submit once I am back - are these looked upon favorably ? I can submit the passports for my wife and children right away and mine once I am back

I will be back on the day when the 30 day window completes (got request on 1st March, assume 1st April is the last day before which I need to submit , which happens to be a Saturday anyways )

Given there is no fixed timeline (or business days to get the passports back) I am wondering what to do in this case and if there is any other workaround , if it gets stuck and am unable to get the passports back in a timely manner . The call center said minimum 5 days to get passports back though were unsure of any maximum limit ! Please let me know !
Which visa office? Are you based in the same city as the visa office?

new_guy2017

Mar 4, 2017
Bryanna said:
Which visa office? Are you based in the same city as the visa office?
I am based in Pune , so I will submit to the Pune VFS . I assume the passports will to New Delhi (unsure of this) ? Another question I had was if I submit the passports for my family and not mine for now - is there a chance they might NOT get the visa too , given I have not submitted mine ? or are these viewed independently ? How many business days would be a good estimate for getting the passports back based on my location

thanks so much !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
new_guy2017 said:
I am based in Pune , so I will submit to the Pune VFS . I assume the passports will to New Delhi (unsure of this) ? Another question I had was if I submit the passports for my family and not mine for now - is there a chance they might NOT get the visa too , given I have not submitted mine ? or are these viewed independently ? How many business days would be a good estimate for getting the passports back based on my location

thanks so much !
Your passports will be sent to the Bangalore visa office for visa stamping.

It's like this:
A final decision on your TRV applications will be taken only after the visa office receives your passports. Until then you have not yet been approved.

Like I have mentioned earlier, your applications will be closed/refused if you do not submit with the stipulated 30 days. And, you have not received any confirmation from the visa office allowing you to submit your passports later. So do not risk a refusal.

I'm pretty sure you will get your processed passports back before March 18 (probably by March 14-15).... if you include the letter to expedite, etc

Do submit your passports on Monday, March 6 to VFS Pune. Check for any local holidays (Maharashtra and Karnataka) before you opt for a courier delivery of the processed passports. Otherwise, you can collect the processed passports, in-person, from VFS Pune

new_guy2017

Mar 4, 2017
Thanks so much for clarifying , your help is much appreciated !

Ill opt for a in person pickup as recommended.ill include the tickets and letter requesting to expedite
I
uote author=Bryanna link=topic=397197.msg5823641#msg5823641 date=1488649949]
Your passports will be sent to the Bangalore visa office for visa stamping.

It's like this:
A final decision on your TRV applications will be taken only after the visa office receives your passports. Until then you have not yet been approved.

Like I have mentioned earlier, your applications will be closed/refused if you do not submit with the stipulated 30 days. And, you have not received any confirmation from the visa office allowing you to submit your passports later. So do not risk a refusal.

I'm pretty sure you will get your processed passports back before March 18 (probably by March 14-15).... if you include the letter to expedite, etc

Do submit your passports on Monday, March 6 to VFS Pune. Check for any local holidays (Maharashtra and Karnataka) before you opt for a courier delivery of the processed passports. Otherwise, you can collect the processed passports, in-person, from VFS Pune

[/quote]

Komalpreet

Mar 4, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Your parents + brother can apply first. Each applicant must prove their individual ties.

The funds in your parents' accounts is less for two individuals. Do they have any other financial investments? Do NOT transfer any money to their accounts.

I suggest the invitation letter should be only from you, not a joint invitation from your boyfriend. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary like typical tourists/spend time with you.

You could include an explanation about how your family business will be managed temporarily when both your dad and brother are visiting + include a work-related reason to return to.

Your brother must prove he has property, family, family-owned business to return to. Your brother must prove that he is earning a regular income and/or he has a legal share in the family business.

Does your sister have previous travel history (the US/UK/Schengen/Australia)? How long has she been working with the current employer?

You can post the individual list of documents for each individual before they apply for better advice

Cheers
Thank you for your reply!

Here is the individual list:

Dad -
1. Farmer, owns about 4 acres land (legal documents showing each acre worth $40,000) and have transferred the rest to my brother last year. Legal documents showing ownership of land and evaluation done by CA and tehsil.
2. Got FD around $6,000-7,000. We will include letter from the bank, 6 months bank statements, and FD certificate.
3. One of my uncle owes my dad around 20 lakh ($40,000). He is a Aartiya (I don't know if you know what I mean here). Like he was the middleman and use to sell all our crops every season. Also, we had some insurance proceeds from some insurance policy and my dad gave the cash to him as he was giving higher interest return compared to the bank. There is no legal agreement between them. He is going to pay back all the money hopefully in few months.
4. Got Marriage Affidavit letter prepared too as my mom and dad don't have a marriage certificate.
5. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of his accommodation and food cost and he will pay for the travel. I will also include my 6 months bank stmts/t4/paystubs/my PR residence proof.
6. Dad's Passport copy along with mine, mom's and brother's,
7. Last 3 years ITR with farm receipts (J Farm) showing sale of crop.

Mom: House Wife

1. No income or funds
2. Has gold worth 8-10 lakh ($20,000) - can get CA evaluation report if needed.
3. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of her accommodation and food cost and my dad will pay for her travel cost. I will also include my 6 months bank stmts/t4/paystubs/PR residence proof.

Brother: Farmer and Welder - age - 30

1. Married, his wife stays at home as of now (use to work full time) and kid (5 yrs old) goes to school
2. Has FD around $7,000. Will include Bank statements - 6 months & FD certificate.
3. He works full time from last 3 years (kind a side job at one of our relatives shop plus he handles most of the farm business). His employment income is hardly 1-1.5 lkh/year and paid in cash every month. We will include his Employment letter confirming employment and vacation leave + paystubs.
4. He owns farm land 8 acres (worth around $45,000/acre as per accountant and tehsil evaluation). CA evaluation report will include farm land, 2 bikes, and 1 car.
5. Farm and vehicle ownership documents
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Passport copy of his son, and wife
9. Copy of last 3 years tax returns showing employment and farm income
10. Farm crop sale receipts (JR form)
11. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of his accommodation and food cost plus supporting documents. He will pay for the travel costs.

Sister: Senior Quality Analyst/SEO

1. Single. Age - 28
2. Works full time since last 3-4 years. Changed employer in December 2015. Earns $25,000-27,000/month since her new job.
3. Got FD around $14,000 - 7-9 months old
4. Her roka was done in December and engagement is also being planned. Should my parents plan it after they visit me here because there would be a strong reason for them to go back to arrange her ceremony?

P.S. I have full time work and part time study and haven't visited my family since last 4-5 years which is the main reason I want them to visit me here in Canada plus my and my bf want to plan our engagement ceremony (There is no rush from both of our families tough).

Thanks for your help again!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dad -
1. Farmer, owns about 4 acres land (legal documents showing each acre worth $40,000) and have transferred the rest to my brother last year. Legal documents showing ownership of land and evaluation done by CA and tehsil.
2. Got FD around $6,000-7,000. We will include letter from the bank, 6 months bank statements, and FD certificate.
3. One of my uncle owes my dad around 20 lakh ($40,000). He is a Aartiya (I don't know if you know what I mean here). Like he was the middleman and use to sell all our crops every season. Also, we had some insurance proceeds from some insurance policy and my dad gave the cash to him as he was giving higher interest return compared to the bank. There is no legal agreement between them. He is going to pay back all the money hopefully in few months.
4. Got Marriage Affidavit letter prepared too as my mom and dad don't have a marriage certificate.
5. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of his accommodation and food cost and he will pay for the travel. I will also include my 6 months bank stmts/t4/paystubs/my PR residence proof.
6. Dad's Passport copy along with mine, mom's and brother's,
7. Last 3 years ITR with farm receipts (J Farm) showing sale of crop.
For your dad:
You can include an FD interest certificate + letter from the bank that the FD is not mortgaged

Unfortunately, you cannot include your uncle's commitment to pay your dad. There are no legal/valid documents to substantiate this.

Your dad can include a copy of your mom's passport which has his name as his spouse (even his passport will have this) + your birth certificate with their names as your parents.

Both your mom and dad must include some return-by-date reason with evidence.

If this is the lean season for their farming business then they can explain why they are able to take time off to visit you.

Do they have any previous travel history? Any dependent family members who live with them - grandparents, etc? Has your dad taken any loans? Does he have farming equipment which he can include as his assets? Does he have any employees?

Mom: House Wife

1. No income or funds
2. Has gold worth 8-10 lakh ($20,000) - can get CA evaluation report if needed.
3. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of her accommodation and food cost and my dad will pay for her travel cost. I will also include my 6 months bank stmts/t4/paystubs/PR residence proof.
Your dad must include a 'Letter of Financial Support' for your mom + a copy of his bank statement with her application.

You can get her jewelry assessed by a certified jeweler apart from the CA. Not sure if Tanishq does this anymore. Also, include any purchase receipts (if available). You can include a statement that she preferred to invest in gold instead of other financial investments.

Brother: Farmer and Welder - age - 30

1. Married, his wife stays at home as of now (use to work full time) and kid (5 yrs old) goes to school
2. Has FD around $7,000. Will include Bank statements - 6 months & FD certificate.
3. He works full time from last 3 years (kind a side job at one of our relatives shop plus he handles most of the farm business). His employment income is hardly 1-1.5 lkh/year and paid in cash every month. We will include his Employment letter confirming employment and vacation leave + paystubs.
4. He owns farm land 8 acres (worth around $45,000/acre as per accountant and tehsil evaluation). CA evaluation report will include farm land, 2 bikes, and 1 car.
5. Farm and vehicle ownership documents
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Passport copy of his son, and wife
9. Copy of last 3 years tax returns showing employment and farm income
10. Farm crop sale receipts (JR form)
11. Invitation letter from me saying I will take care of his accommodation and food cost plus supporting documents. He will pay for the travel costs.
For your brother:
Same additional bank letter for his FD, etc.

I don't think the employment letter from the relative will help as your brother is paid in cash. He can certainly include it though + include a letter from the employer that he is paid in cash + 2-3 cash receipts. The letter must be on business stationery.

Is the relative's business registered with the government? Does your brother deposit this cash in his bank account every month?

One point you may want to explain in the application: Why your brother is employed by your relative (at a relatively low salary) when he earns substantially more from your family farming business?

4. Her roka was done in December and engagement is also being planned. Should my parents plan it after they visit me here because there would be a strong reason for them to go back to arrange her ceremony?
Yes, it would be a good idea to plan for her engagement ceremony after their visit. For this, do include any evidence of booking a venue/caterer, etc if that's the case

Do your parents own a house? Your brother owns a house? If yes, they must include the ownership documents for it + current market valuation + property tax receipts, etc

Apart from the CA statements, each applicant must include copies so the property ownership documents, FD receipt, etc etc

For each applicant, make an Explanation XX: My strong ties to my home country. In this, make separate sections/tabular format/point wise brief details for:
Property and immovable assets + Financial situation + Employment/business + Family (split this into immediate family - give their names, address, relationship even though this may/may be part of the Family Information form + another section for extended family without giving any names, addresses, etc)

Also, make a cover letter for each applicant with sections for: Purpose of Visit + Funds available for visit + My ties to my home country (very brief) + why I must return by XX date + my previous travel history

Zaan@30

Mar 5, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I'am Sam, I need your valuable views, me and wife applied for TRV on 16th Dec 2016 from VFS Hyderabad to Bangalore embassy a paper application. It's been a more than 80 days we didnot receive any results its still showing being process in tracking app.

On Feb 19th 2017 i dropped mail to embassy stating Inquiry on my application received feedback from them below as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru.

Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application

We trust this information will be of assistance

Sincerely,
Client Service Unit, Immigration

And since then i didnot received any result on our application. Your valuable thoughts and suggestions are truly appreciated. We are waiting waiting and waiting, no updates from other side.

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zaan@30 said:
Plz Bryanna do provide me your valuable advice on my above posted topic.
This is a standard response from IRCC.

It means the visa office has probably sought some additional information from third party sources (and is waiting for it) before a decision is made. There's nothing more that you can do except to wait until that happens

Zaan@30

Mar 5, 2017
Thanks for your reply, as we are waiting may b God want us to wait more. Hopefully i pray we should get positive result for our patience. Do you have any idea how much more time it takes probably to get results on our TRV applications??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zaan@30 said:
Thanks for your reply, as we are waiting may b God want us to wait more. Hopefully i pray we should get positive result for our patience. Do you have any idea how much more time it takes probably to get results on our TRV applications??
I don't have any idea how long it could take to get a decision. It would all depend on how long it takes for the third party to revert with the information which the visa office has requested.

Have you/your wife worked in the defense services, police, judiciary, government office? Do you have visa refusals for any other country?