+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Times and Biometrics

soniya26

Jul 13, 2017
Hi Soniya26,
Can you share which email address to send the email on to speed up the process? I am temporary resident PGWP holder.
This email,
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca dint work.
I was talking about the same email id. Why did it not work?

Its only for people who have applied for Visitor visas though as far as I know. Also you should include all details that they have asked for in one email as mentioned on their site otherwise the process will be slowed down.
More details here :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
I was talking about the same email id. Why did it not work?

Its only for people who have applied for Visitor visas though as far as I know. Also you should include all details that they have asked for in one email as mentioned on their site otherwise the process will be slowed down.
More details here :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing
I did include all details in one email, I also attached the documents, but no response. I am just waiting for my TRV to be processed even though I recieved my PGWP inside Canada.

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
I did include all details in one email, I also attached the documents, but no response. I am just waiting for my TRV to be processed even though I recieved my PGWP inside Canada.
Hey Sumit,

did you get any update in your application?
I gave biometrics yesterday in Dubai and now my application is showing that they are reviewing it and it’s under process. Whats your application looks like ? Are they started reviewing it or not?

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021
Hey Sumit,

I gave biometrics yesterday in Dubai and now my application is showing that they are reviewing it and it’s under process. Whats your application looks like ? Are they started reviewing it or not?
Hi think Sumet got his trv may be that's why he is busy...
Please Raghubir you reply when you get....

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
Hey Sumit,

Same, its still under review, no updates.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
When did you send them the email?

Most people do not get a response. The ones I know that have gotten a response has been after a few weeks.

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
When did you send them the email?

Most people do not get a response. The ones I know that have gotten a response has been after a few weeks.
I emailed them on 28th December.

When I filled the IM5257 form, I did not mention the reason for travel as Other, COVID-19. Instead, I chose Returning Worker.
Do you think that submitting the same application again with reason for travel as "Other, COVID-19" will help expediting the approval process?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I emailed them on 28th December.

When I filled the IM5257 form, I did not mention the reason for travel as Other, COVID-19. Instead, I chose Returning Worker.
Do you think that submitting the same application again with reason for travel as "Other, COVID-19" will help expediting the approval process?
How can you submit the same application again? Are you saying tht you will withdraw the current application and submit a new one?

COVID-19 as purpose of travel can only be used by immediate family members of Canadian citizens and PR. If you are on work permit, make sure that you are eligible to use that before you do.

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021
How can you submit the same application again? Are you saying tht you will withdraw the current application and submit a new one?

COVID-19 as purpose of travel can only be used by immediate family members of Canadian citizens and PR. If you are on work permit, make sure that you are eligible to use that before you do.
Your timeline please

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi

My parents had applied for a visitor visa to visit Canada in September. They are in New Delhi right now. They rec'd a letter to submit biometrics at VFS however, VFS doesnt seem to be accepting biometrics collection for visitor visas.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks
You can visit nearby countries to get biometrics done.
We got it done in Dubai. Now Nepal vfs are open too

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020

Yes, withdraw the current application, and submit a new one. But I have waited 70 days already, hence, let it be. I will just wait it out.